Indian Bookmaker in 2021
If you are based in India and you are looking for a bookmaker to use, this guide will walk you through everything you need to know. The goal of BettingBilly is to show you the best online betting sites that allow you to use your computer or mobile phone and place sports bets as you please.
This comparison will look at a variety of online bookies, seeing what ones standout and what ones you should avoid. Everything is reviewed objectively, with all important aspects of the sports books online being looked at.
How we rate different aspects of a bookmaker
There are many different things that make up a sports bookie platform. You should consider all of the important aspects so you have a good picture of what you are signing up for. We test nine key categories, allowing us to easily compare different bookmakers. Here are those nine test categories:
Betting Offer: A bookmaker needs to offer betting markets for your favorite sports, whether that is cricket, football or hockey. You also want to have plenty of different events with betting markets and a deep range of different types of bets. This includes betting on individual players in a team sport and betting on the overall result.
Live Betting: A lot of people like watching a sports game and being able to bet on it at the same time. When you are watching the game, you may see a trend that you can take advantage of. You want a bookmaker that has a good live betting offering in terms of markets covered.
Mobile Betting: If you want to place sports bets through your phone, you need to make sure that there is a mobile sportsbook on offer. Sometimes, a bookmaker will have an app you can download on your phone and place bets, while other bookmakers will allow you to place bets by using your web browser on your mobile.
Bonus Offers & Free Bets: Most bookmakers will have a welcome bonus offer when you sign up for an account. These will change from bookmaker to bookmaker, usually being a free bet offer or a cashback deal. You also want to see if there are offers for people who have been signed up for an account for a long time.
Customer Support: If you have a question or a problem with an online sportsbook, you want to be able to quickly contact someone. You will want to check that the customer support team is good at the bookmaker and to see what contact options they have available.
Payment Options: You will want to have access to payment options that are a good fit for your needs. There may be certain payment methods in India that you prefer to use than others. You also want to see if they cost money to use and to see how fast the transactions will be.
Limits & Odds: When placing sports bets, you want to get the best odds possible. This allows you to make the most money. If you like placing big bets, you will want to check what the max bet amount is on a bookmaker site.
Usability: It is important that the bookmaker platform is easy to use. This will make everything faster and easier.
License & Security: Most online bookmakers have a license somewhere, even if it is not in India. You also want to make sure that the bookmaker is legit by checking out reviews. If you are worried about the safety of your data or money, you should check what security measures are in place on the site.
- Betting Offer
- Live Betting
- Mobile Betting
- Bonus Offers & Free Bets
- Customer Support
- Payment Options
- Limits & Odds
- License and Security
Our Top 5 Sports Betting Bonus
Almost every online sportsbook will have a welcome free bet offer for new people. These offers are not always as good as they might initially appear. You should also not base your decision of choosing a bookmaker on what the welcome offer is. Here are the top five betting bonus offers today:
Our Top 5 Betting Apps
Everyone loves placing bets on their mobile phones. You can be anywhere and place bets once you have an internet connection. Most bookmakers have a good mobile system. Here are five of the best online betting apps for bookmakers:
Bookmaker: 5 Most played Betting Types
You have a lot of different betting types with online bookmakers. You may have preferences depending on your favorite sport. You want to make sure that the bookies you are choosing caters to these preferences. Here are five of the most popular betting types:
- Outright winner: This is the easiest type of bet as you are betting on what team or player you think is going to win. This could be betting on one cricket team against another in a game.
- Futures: If you want to bet on who you think is going to win the Indian Premier League at the end of the year, this is futures betting. You are betting on an event that will happen in the future.
- Prop betting: This allows you to place special bets on players or teams. You might bet on a certain player scoring a certain amount of runs in a game for example.
- Over/under betting: This type of bet allows you to bet over a certain amount or under that amount. For example, there may be an over/under market for the total amount of runs a team will have in a game.
- Handicap betting: If there is a strong favorite in a match, you can apply a handicap to make the odds more attractive for the favorite. For example, if a strong favorite in a football game is given a -2 goal handicap, this means that they need to win by three goals for your bet to win.
Top 5 Sports to bet on at Bookmaker
You have a lot of different sports to bet on with bookmakers. All of your favorite sports will have betting markets. Here are some of the most popular sports that you can place bets on today:
- Cricket: Cricket betting is very popular in India, with a lot of exciting games taking place every week. You have many different betting markets to choose from. You can bet with bookies on what team you think will win the Indian Premier League or what player will have the most runs in a season. You can bet on what team is going to win a given game and apply a handicap if you want. You can bet on what players will perform the best during a game, as well as having live betting options for these games. Some of the best sites for cricket betting include 10Cric, 1xBet and 22bet.
- Football: Football betting is very popular also, with games from all around the world being offered by bookmakers. You can choose from many different betting types, such as match winner and goalscorer markets. You can even go so far as to bet on what player you think might get a yellow card in a game.
- Kabaddi: Kabaddi is a sport that is massively popular in India and it will be no surprise that there are betting markets for these events. The most popular kabaddi betting markets will be for the Pro Kabaddi League, with players from all around the world battling it out. There will be many different markets available, from team bets to individual player bets. Some of the best operators include bet365, Betway and BetWinner.
- Esports: Esports is becoming more and more popular every day. Esports betting is taking off in a big way. Most leading bookmakers now have substantial markets for many different esports, including the likes of CS:GO. You can bet on what team or player wins a certain map or who gets the most kills during a game for example. Some of the best bookies include ComeOn and DafaBet.
- Horse Racing: You will be able to bet on horse races that are taking place worldwide. This means that you nearly always have betting options for horse races. You can bet on race winners, place bets and the likes of multiple bets. You can often live stream these races on the bookmaker site. Some of the best options include LeoVegas, Unibet, MelBet and Rabona.
Registering for a new bookmaker account is very easy. You just need to follow a few key steps and you will be ready to go. Here are some simple tips that allow you to get started:
- Research the different options
- Read expert reviews
- Choose a bookmaker
- Click ‘Register’ on mobile or desktop
- Fill in personal info
- Create a username and password
- Provide proof of ID and identity (if necessary)
- Learn about the welcome bonus
- Make a deposit
- Start betting
5 Tips for the Beginning
If you are a new sports bettor, there are a few things that you may not be aware of. Here are a few tips to help you when you start off with an online bookmaker.
- Money Management: Don’t exceed the amount of money for one bet. You should only bet with money that you can afford to lose. You also do not want to blow all of your bankroll on one bet. It is important that you spread your money smartly and diversify your betting rather than blowing it all at once.
- Get on board with more than one operator to find the best odds: If you are using different bookmakers, you can get the best odds for every bet. This allows you to maximize the amount of profit you will learn if the bet is a winner.
- Invest in what you know: It is important that you bet on sports that you know about. You can use your knowledge to place smart bets that have a good chance of winning. Focus on sports that you are familiar with.
- Use Free Bets to start: A free bet is a great way to lower your risk, as you are not putting your own money on the line. Free bets can be accessed in many different ways, so make sure that you check out all of the available promotions.
- Get expert advice: A great way to start learning the ropes of sports betting is by getting tips from the best experts. Billy’s List allows you to get free sports picks directly to your inbox, showing you what types of bets these experts are making.
Indian is a massive country and there are many different states and provinces in the country. In India, every state has the right to make its own laws. As long as you’re not in a state that prohibits gambling (e.g. Andhra Pradesh), you’re good to go. Overall, online betting in India is completely legal and you don’t need to be afraid of breaking the law. There are no federal laws that prohibit online gambling.
Most online bookmakers that you will come across today will have some sort of license. All online sportsbooks presented on BettingBilly are regulated by some of the most trusted gambling regulators for online bookmakers including the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority. They are fully legal and safe to play.
The minimum age for sports betting in India is 21. The online bookmakers will require you to be at least 21 years old if you want to place sports bets. Sometimes, a bookmaker will ask you to prove your age by showing them a copy of your ID.
There are many different bookmakers that are popular in India. It can be hard to rank the best options without talking about a person’s preferences. People like different things with a bookmaker. Some may prefer a bookmaker that has the best odds, while others want a certain type of payment method offered or have access to great promotions. BettingBilly, therefore, offers a comparison with different filter options and different rankings for all of you.
Yes, there is nothing stopping you from having accounts with many different operators. While you cannot sign up for multiple accounts with the same operator, you can have accounts with different sites. This allows you to get the best odds for whatever bet you are playing as you can shop around these different sites.
The rules about taxing online sports betting winnings can vary depending on what region you are based in. The Income Tax Act of 1961 in India states that any winning coming from betting on races, lottery winnings, card games or any form of betting needs to be taxed at 30%. It might be worth dealing with a tax professional to see what your liability may be.
It is important that you only gamble with money that you can afford to lose. If you do go on a losing streak, it is vital that you don’t try chasing your losses and try to quickly make this money back by making riskier bets. You also want to keep an eye on how long your betting sessions are and to read different resources about problem gambling.
Free bets are a great way to start a new sports betting account. This is because there is normally a welcome free bet offer when you sign up. Using a free bet means that you are using the bookmaker’s money and not your own. Therefore. there is no risk on your part when using this bet.
Different sports betting sites will be better than others for the speed of transactions. Deposits tend to be pretty fast across the board, but withdrawals can be a lot slower. The type of withdrawal you make will also vary the speed, but some bookmakers are definitely faster than others.
You should place bets on the sports that you have an interest in. You will likely have good knowledge about these sports, watching them regularly. This allows you to make bets that are more informed and will usually have a higher chance of being successful. You may notice trends over time with a certain player or team.