Indian Sports Betting Sites & Odds in 2021
Have you always wondered whether it was legal to bet online in India? Are you on the lookout for the best Indian betting sites? You are in luck, as we have all the answers you are looking for! BettingBilly is your one-stop-shop for all things related to online sports betting in India. Find out is betting legal in India and just where you should go to place your bets safely and reliably.
Key Sports Betting Sites Test Categories
To help you decide which betting sites you should bet with, we have created extensive reviews of each major bookmaker in India. We tested each bookie in 9 different test categories, each of them crucial for the operation. These are the nine categories we looked at: Betting Offer: We looked at the various betting markets that the best betting sites in India have to offer. This includes the sports that are available for betting, the different markets that players can bet on, and the overall coverage of the sports scene both in India and worldwide.
Live Betting: The importance of live betting cannot be understated in this day and age. The best bookmakers give players a chance to bet on ongoing matches and place bets in real-time. We always test the live betting platform and compare it to those offered by the competitors.
Mobile Betting: Mobile sports betting has become standard worldwide. More players are looking to bet on their phones than ever before. This is why the quality of the online betting apps has become such a key element for online sports betting sites in the modern-day.
Bonus Offers & Free Bets: What player doesn’t want a juicy welcome bonus when he signs up with a new bookmaker? We know you all do, so we tested the bonuses and free bets as a separate testing category. We list all the important bonuses and their rules and conditions.
Customer Support: When betting online, we know things can come up that require some help from the operators. This is why it is key that the bookmaker provides reliable customer service. We rate the availability of the operator through different channels such as live chat and email as well as the quality of the service provided.
Payment Options: Before you can make any real money bets, you must first deposit cash with the online betting sites. This is where the variety of payment options and the fees related to deposits come into play. We rate the operators based on how reliable and fast their payments process is.
Limits & Odds: This category includes all the various limitations that may apply while online betting. Deposit and cashout limits and betting limits for different sports are put under scrutiny. Finally, we look at the betting odds offered by the bookmaker for all the different markets.
Usability: The more user-friendly a betting site is, the higher it gets rated in this category. We look at things such as the color scheme, the way menus are distributed, and how customizable the site is. We also take a look at the mobile apps and their user-friendliness.
License and Security: Finally, we make sure that the sports betting sites we promote are safe for the players in every way. We promote operators that are licensed by the world’s leading iGaming regulators. We make sure that the bookies are using the latest security protocols and keep your personal information and your money safe.
- Betting Offer
- Live Betting
- Mobile Betting
- Bonus Offers & Free Bets
- Customer Support
- Payment Options
- Limits & Odds
- License and Security
5 Best Sports Betting Bonuses for India
A good betting operator offers a great betting bonus to each player who signs up. This is the common practice nowadays and you should always look to get started with a good welcome bonus. Check out the five best bonuses for online betting in India in the table below:
5 Best Sports Betting Apps in India
If you are looking to bet on the go, a betting app will do the trick. There are some amazing choices for players in India and we have listed some of the very best betting apps right here. The number one choice may not be the best for you, but each of the operators listed here offers a premium mobile betting experience, guaranteed:
Sports Betting Sites: 5 Most Played Betting Types
The top betting sites we promote offer a vast variety of betting types that players can choose from. These are only a few of the betting markets and sports that you can pick from that are widely covered by all the best bookies:
- Live Betting: Without a doubt, live betting has become one of the top betting types in India. Placing a live bet means betting on an event that is already happening. You could be watching the game and betting on the next goal or event in the game while watching in real-time.
- Matched Betting: Are you looking for a guaranteed small win? This may just be possible with matched betting. The matched betting process is explained in more detail on the dedicated page and anyone can do it with a very small bankroll.
- Handicap Betting: Unlike straight-up moneyline betting, handicap betting assumes you will guess the winning margin in the match as well. These bets can be very exciting and bring a big profit with some skills and a bit of luck.
- Sure Bets: Another method of making a guaranteed profit, a surebet includes making two bets on the same event at two different bookmakers. If you can get the right odds, you can be guaranteed a profit regardless of the result.
- Spread Betting: Finally, spread betting is another alternative betting method that many professional bettors enjoy greatly. Spread betting is not about who wins it, but how many points are scored by the team in a game.
Top 5 Sports to bet on at Sports Betting Sites
A great advantage of online betting is that you get to bet on pretty much any sport you choose. There are dozens of sports you could choose from, but these are some of the most popular sports you may want to be on at your chosen bookmaker:
- Cricket Betting: Cricket is the national sport of India and if you are any kind of a sports fan you surely have your favorite cricket side. There are plenty of cricket betting sites that you can sign up with and bet on any cricket match you like, so take your pick.
- Kabaddi Betting: Not as popular as cricket, kabaddi is likely the second most popular thing to bet on in all of India. Kabaddi betting is not as widely available online, but some sites do offer it and those who know the sport well can make a great profit from it.
- Football Betting: The most popular sport worldwide, football is the one you can bet on at any bookmaker. The football betting options are nearly inexhaustible, with pre-match and live bets available around the clock at each betting site.
- Horse Race Betting: Horse races have always been popular in India and horse racing betting is one of the top trends in the country among the bettors. You can bet on horse races on all major sports betting sites, with races across the world available around the clock.
- Tennis Betting: Tennis may not be as popular as cricket or football in India but also has a massive fan base. This is why major India betting sites offer plenty of tennis betting options as well for all the fans of the white sport out there.
Are you ready to get started with online betting? If so, make sure you know you are betting with the right operator for you. Here are some things you may want to look at before you sign up with any particular bookmaker out there:
- The list of sports and markets offered
- The live betting options
- Mobile betting apps and platform
- The betting platform quality
- Welcome bonus and free bets
- Choice of payment methods
- Customer support availability
- Operating licenses and legality
- The security protocols in place
- User reviews and comments
5 Beginners Tips for Sports Betting
If you are new to the world of online sports betting, some mistakes are bound to happen. Here are the five things we think you should keep in mind when starting out to help you make better decisions and results in the long run:
- Money management: Proper bankroll management is the basis of any good investing. Make sure you keep enough cash around and make bets in proportion to your bankroll. Don’t overextend yourself on any single bet.
- Bet what you can afford: Betting money you can’t afford to lose can lead to other real-world problems. Make sure you are always betting the money that you set aside for sports betting and don’t go into the money you need for life’s necessities.
- Shop around for odds: Signing up with multiple sports betting sites is always a great idea. This way you get to always bet at the best possible odds as you can look around and find which operator offers the best price for your bet.
- Bet on sports you know: Betting on random sports you don’t really understand is never a good idea. Make bets on sports you know a lot about and make sure you are always making decisions based on actual information and not hunches.
- Start out with free bets: Free bets and betting bonuses are a great way to get started with online betting. Take on as many free bets as you can and you will win more and grow your bankroll at a steady pace.
YES, online betting in India is completely legal and you don’t need to be afraid of breaking the law. There are no federal laws that prohibit online gambling. In India, every state has the right to make its own laws. As long as you’re not in a state that prohibits gambling (e.g. Andhra Pradesh), you’re good to go. And even those states make their laws primarily for operators that are operating within India as an Indian company. All operators presented on BettingBilly are not from India.
The operators promoted at BettingBilly operate under Curacao, MGA, and UKGC licenses. All of these licenses are trustworthy international licenses that you can trust. Operators with such licenses can be considered safe and secure.
Yes! The minimum age for sports betting where legal in India is 21. Furthermore, the online betting sites will not let persons under the age of 21 sign up for an account, under the terms of their international gaming licenses.
Many great online bookmakers accept Indian players. All the operators we promote offer a great level of service. However, it is up to you to choose which bookies you want to bet with after reading our extensive reviews.
Absolutely! Nothing is stopping you from signing up with every single sports betting site in India. If you do so, you will always be able to gain access to exclusive betting offers, bonuses, free bets, and premium odds for each game.
This will depend on the state you are playing from. Local taxes may apply to your betting winnings. An income tax will be charged on any international transfers if they are large enough to be noticed and you should pay your taxes even if they are not.
There isn’t a single thing you can do to make sure you don’t become addicted. However, keeping betting as a hobby, playing with money you don’t need for other expenses, and betting small in proportion to your bankroll are all good steps to avoid addiction. You can set personal limits as well.
Free bets are an amazing way for novice bettors to start. They give you an extra chance and almost guarantee that you will show some kind of profit after a while. You should make sure to take on as many free bets as possible.
All the major sports betting sites pay their players fairly quickly. If you sign up to one of the top bookies and use an e-wallet to make your deposits, you should be paid within 24 hours of making your request in most cases.
The real answer to that question is that you should bet on the sports you know best. You should always place bets on the sports you are passionate about and know most about. This way, you get to use your knowledge and experience instead of just blindly betting on the odds.