Live Bet Explained in 2021
Do you want to enhance your wagering experience and add an extra flavor to it? Then, live betting might be the perfect choice for you! Our team of expert punters has prepared a unique guide about this betting type. Here, you will find the best tips and strategies for getting the most out of it and beating the bookies in the long term. Are you ready? Let's dip into this topic more thoroughly!
How does Live Betting work?
Unlike any other betting type, a live bet is available after the start of an event. It is not a traditional market since it became famous thanks to technical improvements. If we look behind our shoulders, a punter was able to place just a pre-match wager. However, sportsbooks wanted to offer something new to their customers and allowed them to make wagers after the game kicks off.
Live betting is also known as in-play betting. Thanks to this kind of wager, you can watch the action and make your bets according to what happens on the field. Of course, the odds won't be the same as the pre-game ones, and a bookmaker will make a special live betting offer. Bookies update the odds frequently during the match, and those are called live odds. Since it would be a hell of a job to perform manually, a computer algorithm updates them regularly. You can find lots of markets available for live betting, such as the moneylines, spreads, and totals.
How do I place & win a Live Bet?
You need to wait for the game to start for placing a live bet. Everything else is quite similar to other betting types. Just in case, we are going to walk you through the process step by step.
- Choose an online sportsbook: The first important step is selecting a bookie to place a live bet. From tons of options on the sports betting market, you can choose the one from the best sports betting sites.
- Create and fund your account: The next thing you should do is sign up for an online account. Just follow the detailed instructions on the bookmaker's website, and you will complete the process quickly. Make sure to put some funds on it so that you can proceed further.
- Select a live event: We have reached the real thing now. You should dip into the live betting section, and it is usually available in the top navigation menu. Select an in-play event and click on the desired odds to populate the bet slip.
- Place a wager: You don't need to do anything more than entering the stake and hitting the Place Bet button to complete the process.
What Sports offer Live Betting?
Different kinds of sports are available for in-play betting, and bookies include more of them into their offer. We are going to mention just the most popular sport where you can enjoy live betting.
You can find football events 365 days a year, and it is not surprising that this sport is most famous in live betting. Punters can find tons of live betting odds and pick across different markets. From hundreds of football matches daily, you can find the majority of them in the in-play section. Besides the traditional markets, punters can capitalize on the special ones such as the number of yellow cards, the number of corners, or the next scorer.
Cricket is the sport number one among the Indian punters, and therefore, the bookies include all IPL games in their live betting offer. If you are not sure about picking the game-winner while the match is running, you can focus on the totals market.
With so many tournaments all around the world, tennis is also highly included in the live betting offer. Markets are very diverse, from the winner of the game, set, or match to the number of points or games in the event.
Examples for Live Betting
Live betting is so straightforward, and you won't have any trouble enjoying it. In case you are still not comfortable with this betting type, these two examples will help you understand it better.
Winning example of Live bet
The game between Betis and Real Madrid got your attention, but since you haven't found a good value in the pre-match odds, you decided to wait for the live action. Betis secured a lead at half time, but you are still optimistic the visitors can turn the result in their favor. Now, the live odds look much more attractive.
Your decision to back Real Madrid was on the spot since they managed to celebrate a 3:2 victory. Thanks to the live betting, your returns are much more lucrative than they would be if you backed the pre-match odds.
Losing example of Live bet
Novak Djokovic won the first set against Rafael Nadal pretty convincingly, and you believe he can continue in the same fashion. Your bet on the World's number one to win the next set at the odds of 1.75 seems fairly reasonable. However, Nadal managed to level up, so you lose your in-play wager.
Is a Live Bet a Good Bet?
Live betting is an excellent way to capitalize on the in-play action. Bookmakers analyze lots of information to set the pre-game odds, but they don't have so much time to do that for live matches. Instead of real persons, computers are setting the live odds, and that is where you can take advantage of live betting. With these tips, you can increase the chances of ending up with profits.
5 Tips for your next bets
- Explore the interface: Before dipping into live betting, you should get familiar with the platform. Since the odds move at lightning speed, you should be ready for an instant reaction. Don't miss the opportunity to place a live bet just because you are not familiar with all the interface features.
- Watch the match: The in-play offer is usually pretty extensive, and you need to focus on the limited number of events. Ensure that you have the opportunity to watch the game live as it will help you see the real-time action. No stats can replace what you can see on the pitch, and by watching every moment of the match, you will increase your chances of winning.
- Set your limits: Always keep your bankroll under control since you can easily get carried away. With so many in-play events, you may run out of funds very quickly.
- Hedge your bets: If you start with a pre-match wager, be ready to protect it if it's offered at the in-play market. When things are not going as expected, you can hedge your original bet and eventually cover the initial one's stake.
- Consider backing favorites after an early underdog lead: Since the pre-match odds on firm favorites are very slim, you can take advantage of live betting if an underdog gets an early advantage. If you are positive that the favorite has enough time to turn around the result, you can back it and get more generous odds.
Which betting site is the best to bet on?
At this point, you have learned everything about live betting. There is no reason that you don't head to 10Cric and start placing your in-play bets now. Just create an online account and put some money on it. Dive into the live betting offer and select the game you want. With the tips provided in this guide, you can make your in-play betting a total success!
Yes, you can place multiple live bets on the same event. The live odds should be available all the time, except when the bookmaker updates them, but it usually takes a couple of seconds. You can wager the same market if you want, or try out your luck on another one.
You can add as many live bets to your bet slip as you want. As long as the live odds are available, you should be able to put some money on them. In-play wagering provides so many possibilities, and it is no different from pre-match betting.
Live odds are moving so quickly, and a real person bookmaker cannot handle them all. However, the bookies use different computer algorithms to set the in-play odds. They are taking lots of information into account and set the prices accordingly.
Since the live betting market is pretty extensive, every bookmaker has a special section dedicated to this betting type. You can usually find it in the main navigation bar and access the list of in-play events with just one click.