Matched Betting Explained in 2022
Every punter looks to find a risk-free approach for maximizing the returns and beating the bookies. However, most of them haven’t heard about matched betting. Luckily, our team of experienced punters is here to provide you all the necessary information about this betting technique. You can take advantage of it and improve your rate of success in sports betting. Learn everything about matched betting and start winning more money with your wagers! Let’s dig deeper into this topic.
How does Matched Betting work?
Matched betting is more a strategy than a wagering type since it applies maths and doesn’t rely on a chance. It is a risk-free technique that involves covering all possible outcomes of a sporting event. The goal of matched betting is to get profits regardless of who will win the contest.
If you have already read our hedge betting guide, this strategy may sound like the same thing. Although these two techniques are very similar, there is a significant difference between them. Matched betting involves using free bets and other sportsbooks’ promotions to get a guaranteed payout. Therefore, you do not look forward to capitalizing on odds movements or discrepancies but taking advantage of free bets. Matched betting consists of two different wagers. A back bet is the one predicting that an outcome will happen. Oppositely, a lay bet covers the situation where the team from a back wager doesn’t win.
How do I place & win a Matched Bet?
Although it might seem too complicated, placing a matched bet doesn’t take much time. Check these detailed steps and try putting one on your own.
- Find the sportsbooks with the most generous promotions: Since so called “no risk” matched betting usually relies on free bets, make sure to get the best offer. You can dip into the best sports betting sites and find one with the most lucrative promos.
- Place a back bet on the bookmaker’s website: After you have found the best free bet offer, make a lay wager with that free bet. Just navigate to the desired event, click on the odds, and submit a wager.
- Head to another bookie to place a lay wager: Next step is setting a lay bet. You should go to another bookie and put the opposite wager to the one from the previous step. Make sure that a lay bet covers all possible outcomes along with a back bet.
- Collect your profits: At this point, it doesn’t matter who will win eventually. In either case, one of your wagers will succeed and bring you some returns.
What Sports offer Matched Betting?
Matched betting is not restricted to a specific sport. Wherever you find a valuable opportunity to make a matched bet, you should use it. However, some sports are more suitable than others, and let’s check those.
Cricket is the most popular sport in India, and its nature is also suitable for matched betting. Since there are only two possible outcomes of a cricket game, you can find lots of opportunities for placing a matched bet. Just analyze the odds thoroughly and find the best value for maximizing your profits.
Another sport which eliminates the prospect of a draw is tennis. There is always one player that will win a match, and the two-way nature of this sport is a perfect fit for matched betting. Since there are lots of tournaments around the world, you should be able to find attractive opportunities quite often.
Although there are three possibilities in a football game, matched batting applies to the world’s most popular sport as well. You can use the Double Chance market to cover all outcomes and ensure some profits from this technique. As long as the odds are high enough, you should explore opportunities for matched betting.
Examples for Matched Betting
Let’s illustrate this exciting strategy in two practical examples. Thanks to these, it will be more straightforward for you how matched betting works. We are going to make it as simple as possible and avoid involving betting exchanges.
Winning example of Matched Betting
You are an IPL fan, and you analyzed the odds given on the match between Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals.
Let’s assume that you have already qualified for a free bet. You use it to place a back bet on the Indians to win. After you have done so, you head to another sportsbook to place a real-money lay bet on the Capitals. At this point, you can just enjoy the game. If the Indians win, you should deduct your lay bet stake from the payout to calculate the profits. On the other hand, if the Capitals celebrate, you earn the lay bet payout deducted with the lay bet stake.
Losing example of Matched Betting
You decided to place a matched bet on the Champions League clash between Chelsea and Sevilla. Your back bet covers Chelsea’s victory, and you head to another bookie to place a lay bet on Sevilla to win. However, you missed covering a draw as a possible outcome. Indeed, the nets remained still in the game, and you lost your both back and lay wagers.
Is a Matched Bet a Good Bet?
Although matched betting is risk-free, it doesn’t mean you should take it easy. You always need to be focused and careful not to miss covering a possible outcome since it can result in losses. There are also some tips and tricks you can use to get the most out of your matched betting. We are going to share some of them.
5 Tips for your next bets
- Deal with sports and markets you understand the best: If you are new in matched betting, always stick to markets and sports you know the best. You don’t want to encounter surprises that can cost you money. As your experience grows, you can start exploring other opportunities. You won’t get rich overnight, so be ready to put some time into this strategy as well.
- Keep track of your cash: It is vital to monitor your money. As it is going to be spread across different accounts, you should always know where it is. If you forget about having some funds at one of the accounts, that means you missed opportunities to generate profits.
- Search for no deposit offers: Although sportsbooks do not so frequently provide them, no deposit promos can bring you higher profits. Logically, since you don’t need to make an initial investment in qualifying for the promotion, you can use that money for matched betting.
- Keep your accounts secure: Security is one of the crucial points, as you are going to deal with multiple accounts. Keep your credentials in a safe place, as there are different tools that you can use for storing them.
- Act fast: Have the bookies’ websites at your fingertips. Bookmark their pages to navigate quickly to their pages.
Which betting site is the best to bet on?
We are sure you feel much more comfortable about matched betting at this point. Now, it is time to head to 10Cric and create an online account if you don’t have one already. Be focused, apply the advice from this guide, and start placing your matched bets. You will see benefits in the long term, and this technique can make your wagering experience a profitable business.
Matched betting is a legitimate way of sports wagering. It exploits loopholes between different bookmakers and betting exchanges. They don’t necessarily lose as a consequence of your matched bets, as you are only taking advantage of their promo offers.
Although it is always much easier if you know the sports, you don’t need to be an expert to be profitable in matched betting. Since the outcome of the event is irrelevant as you will win anyway, your sport expertise skills don’t affect this strategy.
Matched betting is a risk-free technique, but it requires some time to get considerable profits. You cannot get rich overnight since the winnings are not huge. On the other hand, they can be constant, and that’s why you need to be patient to get significant returns.
We already mentioned that it is a risk-free strategy, but only if it is appropriately applied. By this, we refer to covering all the possible outcomes of the sporting event. If you overlook backing at least one of them, you are at risk of losing the entire stake.