To offer you a full range of functions when you visit our website, recognize your preferences, and make the use of our website more comfortable and convenient, we use “cookies.”
What are Cookies?
A cookie, pixel or similar technology is a small file or information saved on your computer or device when you visit the website. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
By using our website, you agree to the use and storage of cookies on your computer or device.
You can generally view our website without cookies, but certain parts of the website may not work properly, or navigating be slower.
If you do not wish cookies to be stored on your computer or device, you can deactivate the relevant option in the system settings of your browser. You can also delete stored cookies in the system settings of your browser at any time.
More information on how to deactivate or delete cookies can be found here: https://www.aboutcookies.org/cookie-faq/. However, please keep in mind that if you do not accept any cookies this may restrict the functionality of our offerings.
1. Categories of cookies
Some cookies are:
- necessary in technical terms (technical necessity)
- stored and used for a certain time period (storage duration)
- placed and stored by us or a third party (cookie provider).
1.1 Technical necessity
Cookies that are technically:
- Necessary:We use certain cookies because they are strictly necessary in order for the website and its functions to work properly. These cookies are automatically placed on your computer or device when you access the website or a certain function, unless you have set your browser to reject cookies.
1.2 Storage duration
- Session cookies:Some cookies are only needed for the duration of your website session, so called “session cookies”. They will be erased or become invalid as soon as you leave our website or your current session expires. Session cookies are used, for example, to retain certain information during your session.
- Permanent cookies:Some cookies are stored for a longer period. For example, it allows to recognize you when you access our website again at a later time and access saved settings. As a result, you can access webpages faster or with greater convenience, for example that you do not need to set certain options again, such as your chosen language. Permanent cookies are automatically deleted after a predefined period.
- Flow cookies:These cookies are used for communication between our internal servers within our company group. They are placed on your computer or device when you start navigating the website and deleted after the end of your navigation on the website. Flow cookies are given a unique identification number but does not allow us to draw any conclusions regarding the actual customer or user.
1.3 Cookie providers
- Provider cookies:These are cookies are placed by us or the operator of our website, who is commissioned by us.
You can deactivate Google Analytics using a browser add-on if you do not wish the website analysis to take place. You can download the add-on here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=.
This add-on stores “opt-out” information on your device that serves to match up your deactivation of Google Analytics. Please note that this kind of “opt-out” only leads to the deactivation of Google Analytics for the device and browser from which the opt-out was activated. In addition, you may need to reactivate it if you delete cookies from your device.
Our most common cookies are:
|Name of cookie||Cookie provider||Purpose|
|Google Analytics||This Cookie is placed by Google. It enables our website to learn information about our users’ use of our site, such as the time of visit, the pages viewed, whether the user has visited before and the websites visited prior to visiting ours.|
|Facebook Pixel||This Cookie is placed by Facebook. It enables our website to measure, optimize and build audiences for advertising campaigns served on Facebook.|
|One Signal||One Signal||This Cookie is placed by One Signal. It enables our website to remember that you subscribed to receive push notifications. It also helps us deliver personalized notifications.|
|UseInfluence||UseInfluence||This Cookie is placed by UseInfluence. It enables our website to remember that you clicked on a link or made another interaction with our website. It also helps us deliver personalized notifications.|
|VWO||VWO||This Cookie is placed by VWO. VWO places cookies in end user’s and customer’s browser to identify the user. Cookies do not contain any of your personal data. They may also collect and store information locally on your device, using mechanisms such as browser web storage.|
|Hotjar||Hotjar||This Cookie is placed by Hotjar. It collects non-personal information, with the overall aim of providing you with a better website experience, diagnose technical problems and analyze trends.|
|Unbounce||Unbounce||Unbounce is a tool that helps us build better landing pages. Unbounce cookies will be used to collect non-personal data that will be used to improve the landing pages and provide a better experience.|
|AdWords||AdWords||AdWords is used to enable Google PPC (pay per click) campaigns.|
|Double Click||Double Click||Double Click is used for advertisers and to advertise on multiple ad servers.|