Best SA Sports Betting Bonus in 2022
Are you new to online sports betting and looking to win? Do you want to capitalize in the best way possible and increase your profits? Sports betting bonus offers are the best way to do this as they provide you with extra cash to wager and more value for every deposit you make. We have tested countless bonus offers and free bets that online bookmakers have available and have selected the best one just for you. Keep reading and find out what makes a good betting bonus and where you can get one.
Types of Betting Bonuses: These Offers you should know
New players who sign up with sports betting sites can claim many different types of betting promotions and bonuses. Those looking to make the best of these promos should know what’s on offer, so we have prepared a short list of the most common offers you can expect from online bookmakers right here:
- Deposit Bonus: Deposit bonuses are simplest of betting offers and they are issued to players who make a deposit with a bookmaker. When the first deposit is made, the bookie will usually double the deposit, up to a certain amount of money.
- Free Bets: Unlike deposit bonuses which are paid as extra cash in the player’s balance, a free bet is paid as a single usable voucher. Use the free bet in full to wager on a market of your choice and keep any winnings you make.
- Risk-free Bets: Risk-free bets allow players to make a real money wager without taking any risks. If you lose, the operator will refund you your loses. This is a common type of a sportsbook bonus issued to newly registered players at online sportsbooks.
Of course, it’s not only the new players who can get some kickback from the bookies. Existing customers at online bookies can look forward to bonuses such as:
- Reload Bonuses: Deposit bonuses for players who already claimed their welcome bonus in the past and are looking to make a new deposit.
- Loyalty Bonuses: Bonuses for the most loyal players. The more you play, the more chance you have of earning a loyalty bonus.
- Mobile Bonuses: Punters who make their wagers using their mobile phones can get some extra value at certain bookmakers.
- Boosted Odds: Common betting promotions include boosted odds. These are special prices on certain combination bets or some markets
What are Wagering or Playthrough Requirements?
Choosing which bonus to claim is about more than simply looking at how much extra cash you can get. The best sportsbook bonus is not always the biggest one, as each bonus comes with certain terms and conditions which need to be met before bonus money is converted to real money.
Before all other terms, players should look at the wagering or playthrough requirement attached to the bonus. The wagering requirement is a common term of all betting bonuses. This terms indicates how much revenue a player must generate before they can cash out the winnings and the bonus money they received.
If one simply tries to cash out bonus money upon receiving it, they will forfeit the bonus. Instead, the bonus amount must be wagered a certain number of times. Best betting bonuses only require the player to wager the money one time, while the less favourable bonuses may require the bonus to be wagered as many as 10 times.
Remember, if you are considering taking on a betting bonus, don’t necessarily jump for the biggest one. Considering the sports betting bonus rollover is an important part of the decision making process when choosing which promotion to take.
What does a good Betting Bonus look like?
So you are ready to take on a betting bonus? If so, you should carefully consider which one you want to take first. There are countless different bonuses on offer and each one of them has its upsides and downsides. We have weighed many different bonuses and have discovered that there are many elements that make up a perfect betting bonus. These include:
- Bonus Amount: The first parameter of a betting bonus is the sheer amount of extra cash you can get. Consider this first of all and try to take bonuses that add a significant amount of money to your balance. If a bonus is big and other terms are favourable, getting it is in your best interest.
- Bonus Percentage: Not all bonuses match the player’s deposit the same way. While most deposit bonuses are 100% matches, some can be 50% or 200% matches as well. The bigger the percentage, the more value you get, provided that other terms are not unfavourable.
- Free Bets: Plenty of betting sites with welcome bonus add additional free bets to the players who claim the bonus. With such bonuses, you can get extra added value on top of the bonus itself, making them twice as lucrative.
- Wagering Requirements: As already mentioned, wagering requirements are crucial to the final value of the bonus. The more reasonable the requirements are, the more actual cash you stand to get. Make sure that the requirements are not too high if you want to cash in on your bonus.
- Bonus Time: This bonus parameter is not as crucial as others. However, some bonuses can be very restrictive in terms of time one has to wager them. Make sure you know how long you can wager the bonus before it expires before you claim it.
All of the above parameters should be considered before a bonus offer is claimed. On top of that, make sure you find out whether any special sports betting bonus codes are required to claim a certain bonus. If so, remember to use the codes at the right time while claiming the offer, so you don’t end up not getting the bonus despite fulfilling the other requirements that relate to it.
Top 5 Tips to Fulfill the Sportsbook Wagering Requirements
Once you have claimed a betting bonus, you will need to meet the wagering requirements. Meeting these is not too hard, but we have some good tips that will help make it even easier. Here are the five tips to keep in mind when looking to clear your betting bonus wagering requirements:
- Bet on familiar sports: The most important thing when betting is to bet on what you know. Making bets on sports or competitions and betting types you aren’t familiar with is never a good idea. Bet on the sports you know best and the results should follow.
- Look at the odds above all else: Regardless of what you think may happen in a game, always look at the betting odds above all else. Even if a game is likely to end one way, there is no point betting on it if the odds are bad. Look for value in the mix of good odds and realistic expectations.
- Bet slowly: You don’t need to complete your wagering requirements all in one bet, so bet gradually and build up your bankroll. By splitting your money between many bets, you decrease the chances of busting your entire roll on an unlucky bet.
- Bet smart: Approach sports betting as a business and you may end up winning in the long run. Only make investments when the odds are right and the bookies seem to be in the wrong. Don’t make impulsive bets that are based on your emotions of preferences as a sports fan.
- Get Help from Experts: Sports betting experts and tipsters can be of great help to casual sports bettors. We recommend looking for good betting tips and predictions from real experts to help you make profitable bets.
8 Reasons why the Bonus Can’t be Withdrawn
So you have claimed a betting sign up bonus and you can’t seem to cash it out? There are a few reasons that you may be having a problem with your bonus, and we have listed the main ones. If you have failed at cashing out your bonus, here are a few potential reasons why that may be the case:
- You haven’t met the wagering requirements: This is the most likely scenario. You are trying to cash out your bonus funds but haven’t completed the playthrough. If you aren’t sure, consult the operator’s customer support.
- You played excluded games: With betting bonuses, some games or competitions may be excluded from the promotion. Betting on such events will not count towards your wagering requirement.
- The bonus has expired: Practically every betting bonus comes with an expiry date. Make sure you know how long you have to meet the wagering requirements of the bonus.
- You haven’t deposited in time: If you never received the bonus, it is possible you took too long to make a deposit. Most bonuses are only issued for a certain time after registering.
- You exceeded the maximum win: Many bonuses come with a maximum win, especially if you claimed a sports betting bonus without deposit. In such cases, only this amount will be cashable.
- Using excluded payment methods: Some payment methods can be excluded from promotions. These are usually e-wallets which are often used by scam artists to try and make money off the bookie.
- Using the bonus with another promotion: It is almost never possible to use a betting bonus in connection with other promos. Make sure you are only taking one single bonus at a time and you should be OK.
- Wrong promo code: Some bonuses require you to use a sportsbook promo code. If you used the wrong code or no code, you won’t get the bonus.
Our Top 5 Sports Betting Sites
Are you ready to start betting for real money and claim amazing betting bonuses at South Africa’s leading bookmakers? The list below shows our picks for the top 5 betting sites in the country. Check them all out and sign up for your favourites for online betting:
Our Top 5 Betting Apps
Do you prefer betting on the go? Fortunately, there is a great number of amazing mobile betting apps which you can use to bet on your phone or tablet. Download some of South Africa’s finest betting apps and make your wagers anywhere you are and at any time. Check out the list below for the best betting apps out there:
Sports betting bonuses are promotional offers that sportsbooks use to attract customers. These bonuses can be claimed by players to boost their bankrolls and increase the amount of money they can bet with. There are several types of betting bonuses available.
There are several types of popular bonuses one can claim. Most popular are the betting site sign up bonuses which are issued to new players. Other bonuses include reload bonuses, free bets, boosted odds and many different types of limited time promotions.
Receiving a bonus can be quite easy. Some bookmakers only require that you sign up for an account to receive a small no deposit bonus. At other times, you will be required to make a deposit to claim your bonus and may need to use a special code to do so.
Some betting bonuses require the use of a promotional code. These codes can be claimed here at BettingBilly or at the operator’s site itself. If a promotional code is required, you will have to enter it at the right time in order to be eligible for the bonus.
The bonus code needs to be entered into a field during either registration or the deposit process. The bonus field will be clearly marked and will usually stand out, so it will be hard to miss. It is crucial you use a promo code at sites where one is required.
Some bonuses require a deposit to be made. Welcome bonuses that include a deposit match bonus fall into this category. These bonuses match the player’s deposit in full, up to a certain amount. Some free bet bonuses also require the player to make a real money deposit first.
Wagering requirements refer to the minimum amount that a player must wager before his bonus money becomes cashable. The wagering requirements depend on the bonus one has taken and range between 1x and 10x for most sportsbooks.
There may be limits as to the amount of money that you can win from a bonus. This is usually not the case with deposit bonuses, but no deposit bonuses often have such a maximum. In this case, you will only be able to withdraw the maximum amount from your account.
There may be an expiration date on your bonus. First of all, there will usually be a limit as to how long you can claim a bonus after registering. Once a bonus is claimed, there is a fixed period in which you must meet the wagering requirement, usually no longer than 30 days.
You may end up forfeiting your bonus if you break some of the terms and conditions of the offer. This may include trying to cash out your money before meeting the requirements or trying to make bets that will guarantee you reach the wagering requirement with low risk.