Mobile Betting Apps 2021
Are you sick of missing great betting opportunities because you didn’t place your bet in time? There is no reason for this to be the case anymore, as mobile betting is now available in South Africa. Using mobile betting apps, users can place their bets on the go, using only their mobile phones. We have reviewed all the best mobile sports betting sites in South Africa and found the best ones. Find out how you can bet online using your mobile device and what advantages are in it for you.
The Rise of Mobile Betting
Sports betting has been a favorite pastime of South African people for a long time. Statistics indicate that about 50% of South African adults bet on sports at least occasionally. The introduction of online betting has made this hobby even more prevalent among the population.
In recent years, there has been a massive shift in the way online bets are placed. PCs used to be the main betting devices in the past. Today, however, a growing number of players are using betting apps on their phones and tablets to make their bets.
The mobile trend is constantly growing and the number of mobile players is increasing by the day. South Africa is following this trend. Mobile devices are quickly becoming the number one way to place sports bets and there are many reasons for that. Convenience is the number one reason for mobile betting being so popular, but there are other important factors which we have covered on this page.
What Indicates a Good Betting App?
Today, there is a growing number of mobile betting sites available to the players. Most of these provide a relatively similar service at first sight. However, there are many differences to take a note of. We have reviewed numerous betting apps and have discovered the most important things to look at. These are the top 5 factors we think you should keep an eye out for when choosing a betting app to install on your device:
- Mobile Betting Offer & Odds: The overall selection of betting markets is a primary concern. You want to make sure there are many games and markets to choose from. Betting on an app that offers a good selection is always better. The average betting odds must also be considered. The more favorable the odds with a certain site, the more value there is for you.
- Mobile In-Play Betting: All the top betting apps offer live betting as one of the features. Betting on games that are already underway is a great way to make watching sports more exciting. Looking for mobile apps with a good in-play betting platform is a good idea, as live betting can make the experience so much more engaging.
- Mobile Bonus: Bonuses and promotions are important perks of online sports betting. Choosing an app with a solid sports betting bonus allows players to get extra value through additional betting money or risk free bets. Keep in mind that some apps even offer exclusive bonus for mobile players only.
- App Usability & Special Functions: There are many modern apps available but the top sports betting app must offer great usability and customization options. Look for an app that allows you to sort the markets according to your preferences, change the style and layout and one that simply looks and feels great to bet on.
- Payment Options: Finally, if you are going to bet online, you need to be able to deposit and cashout funds. This is why finding an app with a reliable mobile betting cashier is so important. Find an app that allows you to make deposits and withdrawals using your favorite payment methods and doesn’t charge much for this. We can help you with that!
Web Apps vs. Download Apps: Which is Better?
There are two main ways to bet using a mobile device. The first is a web app, which can be accessed using a mobile internet browser. The second is a downloadable mobile app for an Android or iOS powered device. Both of these come with some advantages and some operators offer both options.
Web based mobile apps are easy to access and quick to sign up with. Simply visiting the operator’s website takes the player straight into the action. These apps greatly resemble the desktop betting sites that operators offer. Web apps can be accessed using any type of a mobile device.
Downloadable apps, on the other hand, are more specific. A separate app must be developed for Android and iOS powered devices. The user must download the appropriate app. Some mobile betting apps are available in Apple’s app store. Android betting apps are never available in Google Play due to legal restrictions. Download links for both types of apps are always available on the operator’s websites.
Once the appropriate betting app is installed, sports bettors can get into the action fast and with ease. Downloadable apps offer more options, are faster and allow the user to stay logged in at all times. If you are serious about betting sports on your mobile phone, downloading appropriate apps is usually the best idea.
How do I install a Sports Betting App?
While web-based sports betting mobile apps are easy to access using a mobile internet browser, downloadable versions can be a bit more demanding. In order to bet on a downloadable app, one must first be downloaded and set up properly. For this reason, we bring you a short guide to downloading the best betting apps to your iOS or Android device:
- Choose an operator from our list of mobile sites
- Follow the link to their website
- Choose the iOS betting app to download
- Install the app and sign up for a free account
- Make your deposit and place your first bet
- Select a mobile site from our list
- Follow the link to their website
- Choose the Android betting app to download
- Allow the installation from unknown source
- Sign up, claim your bonus and start betting
Search for the best mobile betting apps can be a long and difficult one, but is well worth it. Finding the right app can mean a lot in the long run, as so much extra value can be found in betting with a premium app. For this reason, we suggest you look over all these factors before you start betting with any app:
- Betting offer and markets
- Overall betting odds and prices
- License and security protocols
- Payment options for deposits and cashouts
- Bonuses for mobile players
- Live betting platform quality
- Live streams, scores and other features
- Customer support availability
- App speed, layout and customizability
- Other gambling options
Our Top 5 Sports Betting Sites
We have reviewed all the major sports betting sites in South Africa and have rated them according to all the critical criteria. If you are looking to start betting online, check out the list below for the best available bookies. Choose any of the top betting sites and you will be in safe hands. Sign up today and start making your bets with the premium bookmakers in the country.
Our Top 5 Betting Bonuses
Betting bonuses are a big part of the overall value of online sports betting. We recommend always betting with a bonus if possible. For that reason, we have located the best possible betting bonuses available in South Africa. Check out the list below and find the finest promotional offers and free bets you can pick up. Choose the one you like the most to get started with getting your extra value right now.
8 Tips for Mobile Betting Beginners
Mobile sports betting isn’t exactly complicated but some mistakes can certainly happen, especially if you are a beginner. We understand this, so we have compiled a list of some of the most useful tips that novice sports bettors will certainly want to remember. Keep these 8 tips in mind at all times while betting on your mobile:
- Play with a strong internet connection: You want to have access to the internet at all times so you don’t miss out on the bet you wanted to make or get worse odds than you hoped for. Especially important when betting on live games.
- Bet with multiple sites: There are many mobile betting apps and sites available. Make sure you have accounts with as many as possible so you don’t miss out on the best odds.
- Bet with your head: Avoid making emotional and impulsive decisions when betting on sports. Rather, try to make every decision based on actual information and with a cool head.
- Bet on what you know best: You should always be betting on the sports you know well. Making bets on unknown markets is a recipe for disaster. We recommend betting only on matches you are going to watch or know a lot about ahead of time.
- Get all the info you can: Before you make any bets, try to educate yourself as well as possible. Scour the internet for reliable information and good tips and don’t make impulsive bets based on emotions.
- Accept the losses: No matter how smart you bet, you are going to lose sometimes. Accept this as part of the game and don’t go chasing your losses to no end. This is not the way to win in the long run.
- Bet what you can lose: your bankroll is your main tool in sports betting. This is why betting money you can’t really afford to lose is never a good idea. Make sure to only bet with money specifically reserved for sports betting.
- Use your favorite device: Using a mobile device you are used to can be helpful. Use your phone or tablet to make bets easily and quickly and avoid making mistakes or missing things.
Mobile betting refers to betting on sports events using various mobile betting apps. These apps can be web based or downloadable and depend on the type of mobile device one is using. In either case, players can place bets on all the betting markets using nothing but their mobile phone or table.
There are countless sports betting apps out there, many of them available in South Africa. We have reviewed and listed all the top sites for mobile betting online but the final choice is always up to the player. Look over our listed sites and make sure to pay attention to the criteria we listed in our checklist.
In order to bet online using your mobile device, you don’t have to download an app. Some of the operators offer web based mobile apps, which can be accessed using a mobile web browser. In this case, there is no need to download an actual app to your device.
Yes! Almost every online betting app that is available also offers the cashier section, which allows players to deposit and withdraw money. Many different payment methods are usually available for players to choose from.
Yes! Once you have downloaded a mobile app or accessed it via your web browser, you will be able to register for a free account. This means there is no need to access the desktop sites at all, as the entire process can be completed from your phone.
Dedicated sports betting apps are usually offered for Android and iOS based devices. This includes Samsung phones and iPhones. However, web based mobile betting apps are also available and can be accessed using any type of modern mobile device.
Yes! Most sports betting bonuses that are available to players on online sportsbooks can be claimed by mobile players as well. What’s even more, many bookies offer special mobile only bonuses to entire players to try their mobile betting platforms.
Yes! Most major mobile bookmakers also offer a live betting platform. This platform allows for live betting, meaning betting on sports events that are already underway. Live betting on mobile devices is the fastest way to get in on the action.
Yes! All mobile betting sites and apps listed at BettingBilly are safe to play at. These apps have been licensed and approved by the appropriate authorities and they apply all the necessary safety protocols to ensure players are treated fairly and safe from any third party intrusions.
Of course! Mobile bookmakers will allow you to cash out your winnings using a range of payment methods, which may differ from bookie to bookie. However, you can be sure that any money you end up winning with one of our listed bookmakers will be paid out to you in full.