Sports Betting Types Explained: Full List 2021
If you are looking to expand your horizons in the sports betting space, there are tons of different betting types available. No matter what sport you are looking at, whether it is cricket, horse racing, rugby or soccer, there will be tons of choice on offer.
Each of the different betting types will have their own pros and cons. Therefore, sports bettors can pick and choose when you use these different types of bet depending on the circumstances. This guide gives you a brief oversight of all the leading betting types on offer today.
Top 5 Betting Types Explained
While there are many different betting types available these days, some of them are more popular than others. Here is a brief look at the different options and how you can use them in your own betting:
- Both teams to score: One of the most popular types of bets you will come across in South Africa is the both teams to score [both teams to score] market. This type of bet is as simple as it sounds. If you are looking at a soccer match, for example, you are betting that both teams will score in a game. There are different variations of this bet, such as wagering that both teams will score and a certain team will also win the game.
- Handicap betting: One of the great aspects of placing bets on sports is that you can apply handicaps so it evens out the playing field. This means that you can bet on games involving heavily mismatched teams as there is a handicap in place. For example, if South Africa is playing England in rugby, if South Africa is being offered to win at -2, this means that for your bet to win, South Africa needs to win the games by more than two points.
- Live betting: As sports betting platforms improve, live betting also gets a lot better. This allows you to place bets on games that are ongoing, rather than only placing bets before the game starts. You will have access to many different markets, allowing you to react to what you are seeing during the game and placing a bet to take advantage of a potential opportunity.
- Yankee bet: A Yankee bet has four different selections that compile into a total of 11 bets. This includes six doubles, four trebles, and an accumulator. The only difference for a Lucky 15 is that there are no single bets. This is a great way to combine a number of different games together.
- Draw no bet: Another popular type of bet in South Africa is draw no bet. This narrows down the possible outcomes of a given game. For example, if you are betting on South Africa to win a rugby match in the draw no bet market, our bet will win if South Africa wins, your stake will be returned if there is a draw and it will lose if South Africa loses.
What is the perfect betting type for Rugby?
Rugby is one of the most exciting games around today, with South Africa being very successful on the international stage in recent years. Perhaps the best type of bet for a rugby game will be handicap betting. Games can quickly change in terms of the scoreline as tries are scored. Using a handicap evens out potential heavily sided games, allowing you still make a decent profit even if South Africa are strong favorites.
What is the perfect betting type for Horse Racing?
Horse racing has a more limited selection of betting types on offer. The each way bet is the bread and butter for longer priced horses. This allows you to spread out the risk of backing a horse to win, as half of your take will go towards a place bet. Therefore, if the horse finishes in the top few places, you will still earn some sort of return even if it does not win the race.
What is the perfect betting type for Soccer?
The both teams to score market is ideal for soccer betting. This allows you to not have to bet on the outcome of the game, just that you believe both of the teams are going to score. The defenses may be weak or both teams might have top-quality strikers which surprises you to place this bet.
Which betting site is the best to bet on?
Don't hesitate to register an account at bet.co.za, and try out some of the most exciting betting types. Fund your account with some money, and start placing your bets. Apply the right strategy, and we are confident you are going to be successful with tips and tricks from our comprehensive guides.
When you are aware of the various tools at your disposal, you will be able to adapt to every possible situation. To get started with these betting types, you can register for a sports betting account in just a few minutes.