Asian Handicap Betting Explained in 2022
Asian Handicap betting is one of the most important betting types that you will come across. This is because this betting market allows you to expand your betting possibilities when you are looking at games that have severe mismatches.
Asian Handicap betting levels the playing field by applying a handicap to the strong favorite, making the odds more attractive for bettors. This guide looks at everything you need to know about Asian Handicap betting.
How does Asian Handicap Betting work?
If you are looking to get started with Asian Handicap betting, there are a few things that you need to be aware of. With sports, there are sometimes going to be games that are very evenly matched, with the two teams or athletes being hard to separate. However, there are very often times when there are heavy mismatches, when a leading team is playing a struggling one.
Usually, the odds for the favorite in the mismatch are not going to be attractive for you to bet on. The Asian Handicap bet type applies a handicap to the favorite and improves their odds. An example of Asian Handicap betting is South Africa beating Italy in a rugby game, with South Africa having a -20.5 points handicap on their final score at odds of 11/10.
How do I place & win Asian Handicap Betting?
If you want to get started using Asian Handicap betting, then there are a few key steps that you need to follow. Once you have a solid plan in place and you are following each step along the way, you will be putting yourself in the best position possible to have a profitable experience with this bet type in the long run.
- Step 1: Find a potential opportunity: Your first port of call will be finding a game that has a potential mismatch and could offer a good opportunity for Asian Handicap betting. This could be a cricket game between South Africa and Ireland for example. You then need to look at the different Asian Handicap options, there will usually be varying levels of handicaps you can apply, with differing odds.
- Step 2: Deciding on a given bet: Once you are aware of the different options, you can do some research and your own base of knowledge to decide what you think is going to happen in the given game and then choose a corresponding Asian Handicap bet that fits this idea.
- Step 3: Placing the bet: Now you will be ready to place the bet at your desired stake. If you do not already have a sports betting account, you will need to create one. This only takes a few minutes to complete before you can start betting.
What sports offer Asian Handicap Betting?
Most sports will offer Asian Handicap betting in some shape or form. This is because you can often easily create a handicap in the majority of different sporting contests, particularly team events. Here are some of the most common sports you will find Asian Handicap betting for in South Africa:
- Rugby: Rugby [rugby betting] is very popular in terms of Asian Handicap betting. As there can be a lot of tries scored and points accumulated in a game of rugby, this can cause large mismatches in the final score. Therefore, if the All Blacks are playing Fiji for example, the New Zealand team may win the game by 60 points. Therefore, the handicap for this game could be -60 for the All Blacks, making it more realistic for you to back this team.
- Cricket: With cricket betting [cricket betting], you can often apply Asian Handicap betting to the winning margin of the game. This could be the number of runs a team wins by for example. As cricket matches can often take a few days, Asian Handicap betting can be a fun way to bring a bit more interest to a game that is very lopsided.
- Soccer: Soccer betting [soccer betting] was perhaps the originator for Asian Handicap betting. This sees you making the odds more even in games involving two mismatched teams. If Manchester United are playing a non-league team, the Asian Handicap may be Manchester United -2.5 goals. This means that the winning margin for United needs to be at least 3 goals for you to win this wager.
Examples for Asian Handicap Betting?
If you want to see an example of an Asian Handicap bet, here you will see a rugby game between South Africa and Russia. South Africa are heavy favorites, so the Asian Handicap market is ideal to even the playing field for bettors.
Winning example of Asian Handicap Betting?
If you believe that South Africa is going to win the game by more than 50 points, you will place an Asian Handicap bet at South Africa -50 at odds of 11/10. If you bet R100 on this outcome, you win a profit of R110 as South Africa won the game by 66 points.
Losing Example of Asian Handicap Betting?
If you believe that South Africa is going to win the game by more than 50 points, you will place an Asian Handicap bet at South Africa -50 at odds of 1.1. South Africa only wins the game by 40 points, so your bet is unsuccessful and you do not get any return.
Is Asian Handicap Betting a Good Bet?
Asian Handicap betting is a vital tool for all sports bettors across the world due to its great applications. You will be able to bet on heavy mismatches in a way that makes sense and potentially profitable for you. It is one of the more popular betting types you will come across, with this being a key part of many successful strategies.
5 Tips for your next bets
If you are looking to get involved with Asian Handicap betting, here are some useful tips to keep in mind when doing so:
- Tip 1: Don’t get greedy: There will be different levels of Asian Handicap bets you can place on a certain game. Some people get too greedy and try to maximize their odds by taking too big of a handicap as part of the bet. Take a more conservative approach with smaller handicaps in order to get more consistent returns over time.
- Tip 2: Do your homework: It is vital that you do your homework about given teams. This means looking at their recent results, winning margins, and historical matchups. This allows you to get a better idea of what might happen.
- Tip 3: Get the best odds: When placing Asian Handicap bets, you want to make sure that you are getting the best odds. An easy way to do this is to have an account with every leading sportsbook.
- Tip 4: Experiment: You will come across all different types of Asian Handicap betting markets. There will be certain types of markets that will account for draws, while others will require you to win only.
- Tip 5: Get expert advice: A quick way to see what way the experts place Asian Handicap bets is by signing up for an expert picks service. Billy’s List is free to sign up for expert picks offering that can show you how the experts place these types of bets.
Which betting site is the best to bet on?
Asian handicap doesn’t seem so complicated at this point, does it? It is the right moment to apply these tips and tricks to real money betting. Go to bet.co.za, as this sportsbook will provide you the most comfortable wagering experience. Sign up for an online account and make your first deposit. Dip into the bet.co.za offer, keep in mind strategies from this article, and start winning in the long term!
Once you take a look at the available Asian Handicap betting markets for a given game, you will quickly learn what to expect. Trial and error will be your friend as you can learn about what type of bet is best suited to a particular situation. The basic premise of an Asian Handicap is very easy and straightforward.
Yes, you are able to place these types of bets if you are using a mobile device. Most online sportsbooks will have some sort of mobile offering, whether it is through an app that you can download or simply by placing your bets directly through the browser website.
The best times to use Asian Handicap bets are where there are mismatches between two teams or two athletes. If it is a closely matched game, then there is not much point using Asian Handicap bets as the two teams will likely be evenly matched and it can be hard to predict which way the event will go.
Most sports betting sites [best sports betting sites] will allow you to use any free bet offers to be placed on Asian Handicap betting markets. There are certain types of betting markets that a given free bet cannot be used on, so make sure to read the terms and conditions of the given offer.