Both Teams to Score Betting Explained in 2021
One of the most popular betting types that you will come across as a bettor in South Africa is both teams to score (BTTS) market. The name of this betting type is pretty self-explanatory, you are betting on both of the teams in a given fixture scoring during the game.
This is a useful bet when you are not sure who is going to win a fixture, but you think that there is going to be plenty of scoring. In this guide, we will be looking at all aspects of using both teams to score markets.
How does Both Teams to Score Betting work?
The idea of both teams to score bets is very simple. You are trying to predict if both teams are going to score in a match or not. You can bet on the ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ outcome, whichever you think is most likely to happen.
A lot of people like to combine this type of bet with a match-winner wager to enhance overall odds. This is usually known as both teams to score and win (BTTS and win bet) bet. As you are combining two bets together, you will be getting better odds. You may think that one team is going to win but you have a feeling that the opposition will also score in the fixture.
How do I place & win Both Teams to Score Betting?
If you like the sound of both teams to score bet, you will be ready to try it out for yourself. It is a good idea to keep the process simple, but consistent as this allows you to find the best opportunities to be profitable with your betting over the long run. There are a couple of key steps to keep in mind when doing so.
- Step 1: Identify an opportunity: Your first port of call is identifying a sporting event where the BTTS bet is going to be a possibility. As you can bet for or against this outcome, you have some flexibility.
- Step 2: Placing the bet: Once you have found a given match that you fancy, you will want to make sure that you are happy with the odds offered and place the bet as you please. To do so, all you need to do is pick either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to the questions of both teams to score.
- Step 3: Creating an account: If you do not have a sports betting account currently, you will have to register for one. This process is pretty quick to do and you can usually get your hands on a nice freebet [freebets] welcome offer.
What sports offer Both Teams to Score Betting?
Naturally, there are only going to be certain sports that will offer both teams to score markets. This is simply down to the nature of the given sport and if this type of market makes sense in terms of the scoring system. Here are the most popular sports in which you can use both teams to score bet type:
- Rugby: Rugby betting is massively popular in South Africa and while most games that are evenly matched will have plenty of scoring from both teams, there will be certain matchups where this is not a given. For a game that involves a heavy underdog, there may be an opportunity for you to place a both teams to score bet.
- Soccer: Perhaps the most popular sport with regards to both teams to score betting market is soccer. This is because it is the ideal fit for the sport where goals can be hard to come by. There are also tons of different soccer games taking place each and every day, allowing you plenty of opportunities to try out this type of bet for yourself.
One way in which you can use it in soccer games is when you are unsure what team is going to win a given game, but you feel that both are likely to score. This could be due to both teams having strong attacking and scoring records or having particularly poor defensive records.
There are just some matchups that tend to have a lot of goals, such as derby games. On the other hand, if two teams are struggling to score goals or have very strong defensives, then betting against both teams to score can be a good option.
Examples for Both Teams to Score Betting?
The following examples give you proper insight as to what you can expect when it comes to placing both teams to score bets. This allows you to follow the lead and place these bets for yourself in the right circumstances.
Winning example of Both Teams to Score Betting?
If South Africa are playing a soccer international game against France and you think both of the teams are going to score and you bet R100 on this outcome at odds of 1.1, then you will get a profit of R110 if South Africa wins the fixture 2-1 as both teams have scored.
Losing Example of Both Teams to Score Betting?
If you think that both South Africa and France are going to score but the end result is 1-0 in favor of South Africa, you have lost your both teams to score bet and will not get any return.
Is Both Teams to Score Betting a Good Bet?
Both teams to score betting market is definitely a great tool to have in your collection. It provides you with the chance to combine multiple selections to enhance your odds in a given fixture. Rather than having to predict the actual outcome of a game, you can simply bet on if you think there are going to be goals or not from both teams.
5 Tips for your next bets
If you want to get started with both teams to score bets, then here are a few tips that could come in handy for doing so:
- Tip 1: Do your research: The best way to find opportunities for both teams to score bets is by doing your research and finding matchups that are conducive for this bet type. It might be two very attacking teams with good scoring records going against each other or a match where historically there are plenty of goals.
- Tip 2: Find the best odds: When placing both teams to score bets, you want to get the best odds for doing so. This means shopping around the various sports betting sites. This is why it is useful having accounts with a number of different platforms as you can always bet at the best odds.
- Tip 3: Learn from the best: A great way to learn the ropes with both teams to score bets is by getting access to expert tips. There are many services where you can see what bets experts are placing. Billy's List is a service that is free to sign up for and you can get both teams to score picks straight to your inbox.
- Tip 4: Boost your odds: Adding both teams to score to other bets is a great way to increase the odds on offer. For example, if you are confident that one team will win a fixture, but there will be plenty of goals, you should combine a match-winner bet with a both teams to score bet.
- Tip 5: Experiment: A good way to get to grips with using both teams to score bets is by trying out different approaches and strategies. Through trial and error, you will find the approach that suits your betting style the best.
Which betting site is the best to bet on?
It's time for action since you learned everything about both teams to score betting type. Register for an online account at bet.co.za since this operator will provide you the best wagering experience. Don't forget to load your account with some money, and start placing your bets now! There is nothing complicated around both teams to score bets, and you should enjoy big success with strategies from this guide!
Yes, most sportsbooks in South Africa allow you to place bets through your mobile device. This could be in the form of a dedicated app that you download. Otherwise, most platforms will allow you to place bets directly through your web browser through its mobile-optimized website.
Most bookmakers will allow you to use free bet offers when you are looking to place both teams to score bets. To double-check that this is the case, you will need to check the terms and conditions of that specific offer This is because some offers have curtailments on the types of betting markets that you can use free bets.
There are a lot of sports where there will be no chance for you to use both teams to score bets, such as cricket and tennis. However, these sports will have their own types of bets that can be used in a similar fashion. For example, over/under the total amount of runs that will be scored in a given cricket match.
A popular feature with a lot of online sportsbooks is the cash-out feature. This allows you to cut your losses or cash out some profit when your bet is still live. If you have multiple both teams to score selections combined, the cash out may be a possibility, as well as if you only have a single both teams to score bet.