Double Chance Bet Explained in 2021
There are many great betting types available to sports bettors in South Africa, with one of the popular variants being the double chance bet. This allows you to bet on two potential outcomes of a given game, increasing your chances of having a winning bet.
For a normal game where there is the possibility of two teams winning or there being a draw, you can bet on two of these outcomes with a single bet. This article looks at the double chance meaning and ways in which you can use this type of bet to your advantage.
How does Double Chance Bet work?
The idea of a Double Chance Bet is very simple, you are betting on two possible outcomes instead of one. Normally, you will bet on what team you think is going to win a match or bet on it being a draw.
The Double Chance bet sees you being able to bet on one team winning and the possibility of the game being a draw at the same time or on both teams winning and there not being a draw. This takes some risk out of the equation in case there is a last-minute score that could ruin your bet. It is a useful tool to have in your armory, even if it decreases your odds for the bet.
How do I place & win Double Chance Bet?
The process of placing and winning a Double Chance bet is pretty straightforward in principle. By making sure that you are properly following each step along the way, you are boosting your chances as much as possible of using this bet type to be profitable in the long term. Here is a quick outline of the steps that are involved:
- Step 1: Find an opportunity: You should look for a certain match that looks enticing to you. This could be for your favorite sport If you are confident that one team is going to win but you want to hedge your bet, the Double Chance bet is ideal for this, as you can bet on your preferred team winning, as well as a draw through the same bet.
- Step 2: Getting the best odds: In order to place this bet you want to make sure that you are getting the best odds to do so. This means shopping around for the best odds.
- Step 3: Placing the bet: As soon as you have found a site where you get the best odds for a Double Chance bet, then you will be able to sign up for an account if you do not already have one. This takes just a few minutes to do, so you will be betting in no time at all.
What sports offer Double Chance Bets?
There are a lot of different sports that offer you the Double Chance Bet market. Usually, this will be for those sports where there is win or draw possibilities among two competing teams or athletes. This means that you have tons of chances to use this bet type. Here are some of the more popular sports to look at in this regard:
- Rugby: Rugby betting is very popular in South Africa and Double Chance bet is a great way to help you along this journey. This type of bet allows you to lower your potential risk in a given game in case there is a draw. It is best for evenly-sided matches that could come down to the kick of a ball after 80 minutes have elapsed.
- Soccer: Soccer is another sport that is an ideal fit for Double Chance Bets as there are two teams looking to win and a draw also being a possibility. If one team looks like it should win the game but you are concerned about a last-minute or flukey goal leaving the match in a draw, then the Double Chance Bet will be your friend.
Examples for Double Chance Bets?
If you are betting on a rugby game between South Africa and New Zealand, the two teams will likely be evenly matched. If the game is being played in South Africa, you will favor a South Africa victory. However, with these games often being close affairs, you decide to hedge against the draw by using the double chance bet.
Winning example of Double Chance Bet?
If you use the double chance bet to back a South Africa win and a draw, with the final results of the game being 21-21, this means that your bet is going to be a winner as you have covered the draw result.
Losing Example of Double Chance Bet?
If you back South Africa to win or draw the match and New Zealand are victorious, you will lose your stake as part of this bet. This is the only potential outcome where you lose your stake.
Is Double Chance Bet a Good Bet?
A double chance bet is a very useful tool to play around with. It helps you to lower your risk and take out some uncertainty. You can use it to great effect on many sports, providing you with some insurance in case things go wrong. While it is not the most common type of bet, it still has a place in your toolbox.
5 Tips for your next bets
If you want to begin with double chance betting, here are a few tips you should keep in mind when doing so:
- Tip 1: Do your research: When you are looking at betting opportunities, you should do your research on the teams involved. This includes looking at their historical matchups. Sometimes you will come across two teams that have had a lot of draws with each other over the years, so a double chance bet can be ideal for mitigating this risk.
- Tip 2: Use it in the right circumstances: As the double chance bet cuts your odds rather than just picking one team to win, it is important that you only use this type of bet when it is only necessary.
- Tip 3: Get expert advice: If you want to get a better idea of the ways in which the experts use double chance bets, you can sign up for a free pick betting service such as Billy’s List. This free service sends expert picks straight to your inbox.
- Tip 4: Don’t forget about both teams: As well as backing one team and the draw with a double chance bet, you can also ignore the draw and wager on the two teams winning. This can be a good option when you believe that no matter what happens there won’t be a draw.
- Tip 5: Trial and error: To learn the best ways in which you can use the double chance bet, experimenting with different types of bets can be very useful. This allows you to get an insight into when it works well and when it can be improved upon.
Which betting site is the best to bet on?
After you have learned everything about the double chance bet, you should find a reliable operator to start placing your bets. You don't need to roam around and waste your time as we highly recommend bet.co.za. You will enjoy a memorable wagering experience, so go straight to the bet.co.za website and sign up for an account. Make a deposit, pick your selections wisely, and with the advice from this article, you will enjoy profits in the long term!
This will depend on the operator and the specific free bet offer that you are using. A lot of the time, you will be able to use free bets to use these types of bets. However, you should still read the offer’s terms and conditions as certain betting types are often excluded from these offers.
Yes, most sportsbooks will have mobile platforms whereby you can place the likes of double chance bets when you are on the go. Some will have an app that you can download to your mobile device, while others have mobile websites that you can access through your web browser.
The cash-out feature is a very useful tool for bettors. It allows people to cut their losses or take some profits while the bet is still live. Most double chance bets will have this option if it is available on the given platform. Knowing when to use the cash-out feature is going to be a skill in itself.
There are many different circumstances when you should try out the double chance bet. You will not come across too many circumstances when it isn’t a useful risk tolerance tool. However, if there is a very lopsided matchup, then it doesn’t make much sense to be backing the draw or the heavy underdog.