Head to Head Betting Explained in 2021
If you are looking to keep things simple, head to head betting is perhaps the most straightforward betting type out there today. It simply pits two opponents together in the betting and you decide which of these parties is going to come out victorious in the event. This guide looks at all of the different aspects involved with making a head to head bet.
How does Head to Head Betting work?
The idea of head to head betting is very simple. There are two opponents matched up against each other and you are betting on which party you think is going to come out on top.
This could be for a rugby match, soccer game, or even for the likes of golf tournaments where you can pair two different players together and bet on who will have the better round. It is the core part of any betting strategy.
How do I place & win Head to Head Betting?
If you want to get started with some head to head (H2H) betting, there is a very simple process that you need to follow. By getting yourself in a good routine with placing these types of bets, you can set yourself up for being successful as much as possible. Here are a lot of the key steps that are involved in that process:
- Step 1: Find a market: You will want to first find a betting opportunity for a head to head. This usually will be associated with your favorite sport as you have a lot of knowledge about it. You can find a matchup that you think is only going to have one winner and hopefully have odds that are worthwhile betting on.
- Step 2: Create an account: Next you will need to set up your sports betting account if you do not already have one. You can check out expert reviews to help you with this process and the registration process usually only takes a few minutes to complete.
- Step 3: Place your bets; As soon as you have decided on your bet and have an account that is loaded with funds, you can then add the selection to your betslip and decide how much you want to stake. There may be a welcome free bet offer that you can use on this head to head wager.
What sports offer Head to Head Betting?
Pretty much every sport will have head to head betting in some shape or form. It is a core part of betting and is very simple to understand. It is certainly something that can help as part of your overall strategy. Here are a couple of the most popular sports for head to head betting:
- Rugby: If you are betting on the outcome of a rugby match, the most common type of bet will be head to head. This sees you deciding on which team is going to win, without any handicap being applied or any other special betting rules in place. The odds displayed are what will be applied to your stake if you are successful. You might want to focus on betting on tightly matched games or you might spot lucrative opportunities with heavy underdogs that could come out on top.
- Soccer: With soccer games, these contests can go either way a lot of the time. This sport is ideal for betting as there is always going to be a clearcut result, whether it is a win for one team or the match ending in a draw. Like rugby, you can take a variety of different approaches as to what types of matchups you will focus on with your head to head soccer bets.
Examples for Head to Head Betting?
If you are looking at placing a head to head, we will look at an example involving South Africa and Australia in a rugby game. These games are usually hard fought, with two of the best teams in the world taking on each other.
Winning example of Head to Head Betting?
If you think that South Africa is going to win this game, you might place R100 on this outcome on 1.1 odds. After South Africa wins 16-3, you will make a profit of R110 off this bet as South Africa has won the head to head matchup.
Losing Example of Head to Head Betting?
If Australia wins the game or there is a draw, then your bet will be a loser and you will get no return. This is why the bet is so straightforward, you can quickly see if you win or lose.
Is Head to Head Betting a Good Bet?
Head to head betting is a core part of all betting strategies and is certainly going to be an ideal way to place your wagers. It provides you with a ton of different sporting events to bet on in a simple and straightforward manner. While it is not the most common bet type, it still has its place.
5 Tips for your next bets
If you want to start off with head to head bet, then there are some tips you might want to keep in mind. These will help you along the way and help you to put your best foot forward.
- Tip 1: Do your homework: In order to identify a good bet for a head to head wager, you need to do some research. Historical performances in matches between the two teams or two athletes in a great starting place, as well as looking at recent results.
- Tip 2: Find the best odds: For head to head markets, every sportsbook will cater to this betting type. Therefore, there will be a variety of odds on offer for the same bet. This is why you should shop around and find the best odds.
- Tip 3: Don’t focus on longshots: While the odds for longshots can be very lucrative, they have long odds for a reason. If you are only focusing on the long-priced selections, it can lead to you struggling to make consistent returns over time.
- Tip 4: Adding selections together: Head to head betting is an ideal way for you to combine different selections into a multiple bet. The optimal number of selections will be a max of four, as it gives you a decent chance of being successful without having too many ways for it to go wrong.
- Tip 5: Get expert advice: Experts will specialize in head to head bets for specific sports and you can learn from the way that they approach head to head wagering. Billy’s List is free to sign up for as a service that sends head to head bet picks straight to your email inbox.
Which Head to Head site is the best to bet on?
Although there is nothing complicated about head to head betting, advice from this guide can help you become more successful. Also, you need to find a reliable operator, and bet.co.za is the one we highly recommend. Don’t waste any time, and go straight to the bet.co.za website. Register for an online account, make a deposit, and kick-off your head to head betting experience. With our tips, you can make it more successful!
Pretty much every sport will have head to head betting options in some shape or form. Even for the likes of horse races, there will be head to head markets to see which of two horses will perform better than the other or what horse will win the race outright. Therefore, this is probably the most common bet type you will see.
The vast majority of free bet offers will allow you to place these bets on head to head wagers. The terms and conditions of promotions will vary, which is why it is important that you take the time to read them properly. There will be certain betting types that you cannot bet on using a free bet offer.
The vast majority of bet markets that are a part of a desktop sportsbook will also appear on the mobile platform too. These days, more and more people place bets on their mobile devices and head to head bets are the most common bet type out there, so you can always count on this availability.
Live betting is getting more and more popular as you can place wagers on a given event even after it has started. The core market that will be offered in this regard is the head to head bet. Therefore, you will almost always have this option when you are trying to place in-play bets.