Live Betting Explained in 2021
If you enjoy watching sports, you will likely have built up a strong knowledge base regarding your favorite sport and its participants and a great way to use your knowledge when watching these events is by taking part in live betting. This is a betting type that allows you to place a live bet while an event is ongoing, allowing you to react to the changing circumstances in a game. This guide looks at all of the different aspects involved with live betting.
How does Live Betting work?
The idea of live betting is very simple. Most betting markets will be offered before a sports event begins in what is called the pre-event trading. Once the game starts this is when live betting or in-play betting begins. There are numerous markets offered during the course of the game, such as next try scorer and the match-winner.
A lot of people like to use their knowledge of a sport to pick up on potential trends that could turn into profitable opportunities. You also can quickly see how your bet returns out with live betting as the action is already in full swing.
How do I place & win Live Betting?
If you like the sound of live betting, then you will be ready to get started. A lot of platforms have in-depth live betting interfaces, showing all of the ongoing events, markets and odds that update in real-time. Some will have the latest stats of the game and certain platforms even offer live streaming of the sports events. Here are some key steps to follow when live betting:
- Step 1: Find a good event: If you are looking for a game to place a live bet on, there will usually be a lot of different choices. The most popular sports for live betting tend to be the likes of soccer and rugby. Usually, you will be already watching a game and you then decide to place a bet. While watching, you can often spot something that you can take advantage of through a live bet.
- Step 2: Create an account: Before you can place a live bet, you need to have a sports betting account. This sign up process only takes a few minutes and you can get started with live betting in just a few minutes.
- Step 3: Place your bet: As the game is ongoing, the odds can quickly change as certain things happen during a game. For example, if a try is scored, the markets will suspend and the odds will then change before going live again. You need to be decisive when placing a live betting wager.
What sports offer Live Betting?
Most sports will offer some sort of live betting opportunities, but this all depends on the depth of the live betting offering on a given platform. Some sports betting sites will be better than others in this regard. Here are some of the most popular live betting sports:
- Rugby: If you are watching a rugby game, you may have an inkling about how the game is going to change or what player might score the next try. You can use this knowledge and your experience to identify these possible opportunities.
- Soccer: Soccer live betting is also very popular and is perhaps the best supported in terms of the range of markets. You can often bet on everything from what team will get the next corner to what player will get the next yellow card. You also will usually have access to live soccer games that are taking place across the world every day.
- Tennis: Tennis is a sport that is very popular for live bettors. This is because every new point is an opportunity to bet on the outcome, whether it is a double fault, ace, server wins the points or the defender wins the point.
Examples for Live Betting?
If you are looking at a rugby game between South Africa and New Zealand, you may want to place a live bet on this fixture.
Winning example of Live Betting?
If you are watching the game and you sense that one time is losing their discipline and could soon get a yellow card by the referee, you may spot a potential betting opportunity that can be placed ahead of this potential yellow card. If you bet that New Zealand will get a yellow card during the rest of the game at odds of 1.1 and a stake of R100, you will make an R110 profit if there is a yellow card for New Zealand.
Losing Example of Live Betting?
If you bet that New Zealand will get a yellow card but this does not happen, then you will get no return off your bet. There is always going to be a chance of losing a bet, no matter if it is made pre-game or in-play.
Is Live Betting a Good Bet?
For all sports fans who enjoy watching events as they happen, live betting can be a great way to further enhance your experience and potentially improve your betting profitability. There are many different sports and events that will be available for live betting, so it is always an option.
5 Tips for your next bets
To get started with live betting, there are some important things to keep in mind. While it can appear simple on the surface, there are a few different nuances involved that need consideration. Here are a few tips that will help you when getting started.
- Tip 1: Watch a lot of sport: If you are watching a lot of games with a betting mindset, this will allow you to spot potential trends and opportunities that can be taken advantage of. You can practice by making pretend bets while watching a game and seeing what the outcome will be.
- Tip 2: Tune in: A lot of people place live bets when they aren’t even watching the game. To take live betting seriously, you need to be tuned in and not watching a dozen different games at once.
- Tip 3: Try different markets: While the selection of live betting markets is not as big as you will find pre-game, there are still a lot of great choices there for you. Trying out different markets shows you what tools you have at your disposal going forward.
- Tip 4: Get expert advice: You can read live betting guides and get expert in-play picks from successful bettors to see what sorts of opportunities they are availing of.
- Tip 5: Enjoy the game: Having some money riding on the outcome of a game adds to its excitement, but you should never let it ruin the experience. Only bet what you can afford to lose.
Which Live Betting site is the best to bet on?
Live betting adds extra incentive to the wagering experience. After reading our guide, you should feel live betting in action. Don't hesitate anymore, and go to bet.co.za website, as the operator is highly recommended by us. Open an online account, put some money on it, and dip into the live betting offer. Feel the unique experience and thrill, and start being profitable in the long term!
There are some sports betting sites that will allow you to access live streams of certain sporting events. In some cases, you will need to have bet on the game or have some money in your account in order to view the streams. Then there are certain sites that do not offer this feature at all.
Free bets come in many different forms, with each having their own terms and conditions linked to them. This is why you need to carefully read the policy of each bonus that you get your hands on. Some offers will curtail the types of betting markets that you can use the free bet on.
Most sports betting sites have some sort of support for mobile players, whether it is through an app that you download or through a mobile site. The majority of platforms will offer live betting through mobile, but there will be some that don’t. This is why you need to do your research beforehand.
Most popular sports will usually have some form of live betting. Some more obscure sports and events will not get much coverage on a lot of sports betting sites. There are also concerns of match-fixing among lower-level leagues and some operators do not want to offer betting markets on underage games.