Yankee Bet Explained in 2022
One of the more exciting betting types you come across will be multiples bets, such as yankee bets. This is a bet that combines four different selections together into 11 different bets. There are six doubles, four trebles, and a single four-fold accumulator. Yankee betting is an enjoyable way to put yourself in with a chance of a lucrative payout. This guide looks at the different aspects associated with what is a Yankee bet.
How does a Yankee Bet work?
If you want to learn about what is a Yankee bet, the idea is pretty simple. You have four different selections added together in 11 different bets. There will be six doubles, four trebles, and a single four-fold accumulator. The only difference between Yankee betting and a Lucky 15 is that you will not come across any singles bets as part of Yankee betting. It is a great betting type to boost your odds for a number of events combined together.
How do I place & win Yankee Betting?
If you like the idea of using Yankee betting as part of your betting approach, there are a few simple steps you need to follow. This allows you to quickly learn the ropes of combining your four selections together and puts you well on your way as being a profitable and successful bettor, all things going well:
- Step 1: Look for good bets: You need to start off by getting together four different viable betting selections. Some people like to go with more conservative options to boost their chances of winning, while others like longer odds, so the potential payout is quite large.
- Step 2: Find an operator: You will need to create an account with a sports betting site if you do not already have one. This process does not take long at all and you will normally get your hands on a welcome offer.
- Step 3: Place your bet: In order to place a Yankee bet, you need to select each of your four selections and each of them to the same betslip. You will see the Yankee bet as being one of the available options on the betslip. Simply enter the stake you want to put on this wager and confirm the bet.
What sports offer Yankee Betting?
Nearly every sport will allow you to use Yankee bets in order to combine different selectors together. Most commonly, the Yankee bets will be made up of match-winner bets. While they don’t have to be from the same sport this is usually going to be the case.
- Cricket: Cricket matches are ideal for Yankee bets, but generally, the one-day games are preferable. This is because the five-day test series can lead to you waiting around a long time to see if your bet is successful or not.
- Horse Racing: The likes of Yankee betting and Lucky 15 wagers are particularly popular in horse racing. There are some nice odds you can get for horses winning races and adding them together can quickly build up some nice wagering odds for your Yankee bet. You have the option of doing each way Yankee horse racing bets.
- Soccer: A lot of people like multiple bets like accumulators for soccer games. By using Yankee betting, you are sticking to a handful of solid selections and your bet is not ruined if just one of the teams loses and lets down your whole bet. You have a lot more flexibility with Yankee betting.
Example for a Yankee Bet
If you are looking at a horse racing card and you pick out a single horse from four different races that you think have a good chance of winning, you can put them together in a Yankee bet.
Yankee Betting winning bet example
If you bet on four horses in a Yankee bet and each of them wins, you will get paid out on each of the 11 bets. If one is a loser, you will get paid out on the bet that does not involve that particular horse.
If you use horses that have odds of 13.1, 7.1, 3.0, and 2.38 and each of them wins, you will get a total return of R14,856.25 from your R10 Yankee bet on each selection (R110 in total). To see the different winnings depending on odds and how many winners you have there are plenty of online calculators out there.
Yankee Betting losing bet example
If only one or none of your four selections are winners, your payout will be zero. If your two winners are the horses at 2.38 and 7.1, your return from betting R10 on each of the 11 bets will be R166.25, a profit of R56.25.
Is a Yankee Bet a Good Bet?
Yankee betting is definitely a great type of bet to have access to. It creates a bit of extra excitement due to the nice payouts you can get if you have a few winners. The odds stack on top of each other, so you can build up some lucrative bets, once these selections are in with a chance.
5 Tips for your next bets
If you are beginning with Yankee betting and you need a few tips to get started, you have come to the right place. Here is some advice to keep in mind when placing these types of bets:
- Tip 1: Consider your stake: When you are involved in Yankee betting, you need to remember that you need to stake a bet on each of the 11 selections. Therefore, an R100 bet on a Yankee bet will lead to a total stake of R1,100.
- Tip 2: Have some conservative selections: When you are choosing your four selections, it’s a good idea to have at least one banker selection. You only get paid out if you have at least two winners, so this guaranteed selection will give you a leg up on reaching this requirement.
- Tip 3: Don’t rely on Yankees: While Yankee betting is a very enjoyable way to combine numerous selections together, you should only use this as a part of your betting strategy and not solely focus on this betting type.
- Tip 4: Don’t forget each way; If you are placing a Yankee bet on the likes of horse racing, don’t forget that you can place each way Yankees. This increases your chances of getting a payout.
- Tip 5: Use expert tips: You can sign up to expert pick services like Billy’s List and use these expert picks as part of your Yankee bets to boost your chances of being successful.
Which Yankee Betting site is the best to bet on?
Now when you know everything about Yankee bet, it is time to go straight to bet.co.za website and start putting your knowledge into practice. Register for an online account, and make your first deposit if you haven’t done this already. Select your preferred picks, apply tips and tricks from this guide, and enhance your betting experience! They will help you become profitable in the long term!
There are many different forms of free bet offers that you will come across. These will each have their own terms and conditions, so you need to read the bonus policy before doing anything. Free bets often exclude certain types of betting markets from being able to be used with the free bet.
If you are betting on the likes of horse races and one of your horses ends up being a non-runner, this is less than ideal. What happens next will depend on the operator you are using. Normally, your bets will go ahead as normal. For example, if there is a non-runner and the three other selections win, then you will get paid out on the fourfold as a treble.
Most sports betting operators will have a decent mobile betting setup. This is because more and more people are placing bets using their phones. This means that the likes of Yankee bets are almost always available on these devices. You simply choose each selection and add them to the same betslip.
The cash-out feature is very popular with sports betting sites these days. It allows you to cash out of your bets early, either cutting your losses or taking some profits. Most sportsbooks will allow you to cash out early from your Yankee bets, with the payout depending on the success of your selections to date.