How to bet on College Football in 2021
College football is a massive business in the United States. A lot of regions that do not have an NFL team have college teams that they support when they play games all across the nation. These players are fighting it out for the pride of their schools with many also looking to impress in an attempt to make it into the NFL. There are tons of exciting rivalries that take place during the course of the college football season. This presents plenty of great betting opportunities for people to take advantage of when it comes to betting college football online.
- Betting on college football: The basics
- Examples of betting on college football
- Biggest college football events for betting
- Placing a bet on college football: Step-by-Step
- Betting on college football for beginners: How to bet
- Betting on college football for professionals: How to bet
- Betting on college football: Try it now at one of the top 5 betting sites
Betting on college football: The basics
The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) is in charge of organizing college football in North America. There are separate divisions depending on the strength of the given teams, as well as the divisions being split into conferences depending on the region of the teams.
As there is no minor league system for football in the USA, college football acts as the feeder system for all of the NFL teams. The best players in college football are hoping to make it to the big leagues, so they are putting everything into their performances in an effort to get noticed by scouts.
At the highest level of NCAA college football, there are a handful of teams that have been there or thereabouts in recent years when it comes to being crowned as national champion. The likes of the Ohio State Buckeyes, Alabama Crimson Tide and the Clemson Tigers have been dominating this scene for some time.
As well as these big games, there are tons of local rivalries that see tens of thousands of fans pack it into the stadiums to see how their team gets on. There is more loyalty in the college football game a lot of the time as the players aren't getting paid for their efforts.
In terms of betting on college football sports betting, there are plenty of opportunities. All of the games will normally be covered by the leading college football betting sites for a range of markets, such as betting on college football over/under and betting the spread. This includes both pre-game and live betting markets. NFL betting is more popular, but this does not take anything away from the college football experience. You just need to be aware of the particular nuances that are associated with betting on college football.
Examples of betting on college football
If you are looking at the spread for Alabama to beat the Georgia Bulldogs, Alabama will often be the favorite to win. There could be a -3.5 points handicap in place for this game on Alabama, with this outcome paying out at odds of +110. This means that Alabama needs to win by at least four points in order to cover the spread.
Winning example of betting on college football
If you think that Alabama is going to cover the spread and you bet $20 on this outcome, you will make a profit of $22, as well as get your $20 stake returned to you. Alabama needs to win the game by at least four points for this to happen.
Losing example of betting on college football
If Alabama only win the game by a single point, this means that they did not manage to cover the spread and you will lose your $20 bet and have no return.
Biggest college football events for betting
There are a lot of different top-quality NCAA college football games taking place each year. Some of these will be games that are based on local rivalries, such as two same state teams playing one another. Others may be traditional rivals or those who are performing the best in the given year. Here are some of the most popular betting on college football events every season.
National championship game
Every season, the best four teams from college football will make it into a series to battle it out for the national championship. A selection committee picks the four teams, with the first seed playing the fourth seed and the second seed team playing the third team. The two winners will then play against one another in the final game. The game takes place at a neutral venue with the stadium holding at least 65,000 people.
The Rose Bowl takes place each season usually on New Year’s Day in Pasadena, California. It is the oldest bowl game that is still taking place today, having started in 1902. It usually is the most attended NCAA college football game each year and usually the Pac-12 and Big Ten conference champions will be playing one another in this game. USC has a massive lead in terms of all-time wins in the Rose Bowl, having won it on 25 different occasions.
Alabama has been one of the most dominant teams in the NCAA college football scene over the past decade. Every year it plays its arch rivals and fellow in-state team, the Auburn Tigers. Both teams are part of the SEC and is one of the biggest rivalries in college football. The first meeting of the sides came in 1893, with Alabama having won the game on 46 occasions compared to the 37 wins for Auburn. The game normally takes place over Thanksgiving weekend and it's always highly anticipated by bettors.
Placing a bet on college football: Step-by-Step
To get started with betting on college football, you can follow a few easy steps. Then you will be ready to put your money on the line! Here are the four key steps:
Step 1: Identify a sportsbook: To check out a list of the best sports betting sites in your region, you can use the Betting Billy state checker tool to do so. List out what you are looking for in an offering and use this list of priorities to narrow down the list of options.
Step 2: Start your new account: As soon as you have picked a sports betting site, you can then register for your account. Just add in the required information and agree to the various terms and conditions of the site. Then provide some proof of ID and proof of address.
Step 3: Deposit some funds: You then can add funds to your new account. There should be a wide range of different deposit options to use. Only add enough money that you’re happy with losing. Sometimes you may need to enter in a promo code at this point in order to activate a welcome bonus
Step 4: Place some bets: Now you have money in your account, you are able to place some bets on NCAA college football games. Just add the selection to your betslip and enter what sum you want to bet on it.
Betting on college football for beginners: How to bet
If you are just learning the ropes of betting on college football, then here are a few tips you can implement to accelerate the learning curve:
- Tip 1: Focus on what you know: In the beginning, you are better off sticking with the standard types of bets for college football, such as match winner and betting the spread. If you try to get too complex straight away, there is the chance that you will quickly get in too deep.
- Tip 2: Find a niche: It is always a good idea to narrow your focus with your betting on college football. Stick to a certain team or conference as this helps you to quickly become more of an expert in these areas.
- Tip 3: Use an expert betting college football picks service: Billy’s List is an expert sports picks service that you can sign up to for free and get the picks sent straight to your email inbox. Using this type of service allows you to see what the experts are doing and learn what types of bets and stakes you need to place.
- Tip 4: Stats can be misleading: With college football, there are a lot more variables to consider and players are not going to be as consistent. This is why you should not overly rely on statistics. Historical matchups also are not much use as the players involved in the teams changes a lot from season to season.
- Tip 5: Check out the lower tier games: A lot of people betting on college football only focus on the biggest teams. However, in the lower divisions and less popular conferences there can be a lot more opportunity as the odds setters do not take as long or have as much knowledge about these games, presenting potential opportunities.
Betting on college football for professionals: How to bet
Tons of people make a lot of money through their betting on college football. They are able to consistently make solid returns over the long-term, pitting their knowledge to the test week in and week out. Here are some of the common traits that you will often see between these various experts:
- Always obtaining the best odds: One of the simplest ways to maximize the returns you are getting from your betting on college football is by always making sure that you get the best odds possible for every bet. To achieve this, you will need to have an account with all of the major sportsbook sites in your state so you can always pick and choose where you place your bets.
- Place your bets early: As there is not as much money going on betting on college football, the odds are going to change more dramatically when people start placing their bets. You should be ready to place your bets each week when the odds are released allowing you to get early mover advantage.
- Adapt and overcome: Every sports bettor will have bad patches and they will not win every bet. To get out of a rut, experienced bettors will look at every aspect of the betting process to see where they are going wrong and what can be done to rectify the situation.
Betting on college football: Try it now at one of the top 5 betting sites
Betting on college football is a no-brainer if you are a fan of the sport. There are endless opportunities each week during the season for you to place a variety of bets. By choosing one of the best sports betting sites, you are getting access to all sorts of great features and bonus offers. Signing up for a sportsbook account today is quick and easy.
There is not going to be one single platform that definitively always has the best odds for every college football game. Instead, this will differ between the operators. This is why most successful sports bettors will have an account with all of the leading sites, so they can always get access to the best odds.
There are all sorts of promotions and offers that sports betting sites will have for college football. This may be through a simple free bet or insurance in case just one of your parlay selections is a loser. Others will have money back offers if a certain player scores the first touchdown or give a price boost on a certain outcome occurring.
There are often live betting markets on college football, but this will vary depending on what state you are in. These markets will update in real-time, allowing you to adapt to what you are seeing during a game and potentially profit as a result of placing these bets.
There are a lot of sports betting sites these days that will offer live streams of sporting events. For some of these streams, you will need to have placed a bet on the given game in order to get access to the stream. Some of these operators will offer college football live streaming.
Every state has its own rules about online sports betting. This is why the mobile sports betting apps will have a geolocation feature that is able to track what state you are in when you are logged into your account. This ensures that you are legally able to place a bet.