How to bet on College Football Over/Under in 2021
You are never going to be short of opportunities with betting on college football over/under markets. The games come thick and fast during the season, with many divisions and conferences bringing the best young talent in the sport together as they strive to make it to the big leagues. The games are a lot more mistake prone, which makes for more excitement a lot of the time. With the college game, there is more of a chance for large swings in the score and for upsets. One of the best types of betting is college football over/under bet types. This guide looks at the ins and outs for these types of offerings, as well as other popular betting options.
- College football over/under betting: The basics
- Examples of college football over/under betting
- Biggest college football events for betting
- Placing a bet on college football: Step-by-Step
- College football over/under betting for beginners: How to bet
- College football over/under betting for professionals: How to bet
- College football over/under betting: Try it now at one of the top 5 betting sites
College football over/under betting: The basics
College football is big business in North America. The players are heavily recruited when they are in high school. With the battle being very competitive to get the best players. Most of the players for the leading teams will start out their college careers with the ambition to impress enough during their stay to get a chance at the NFL.
There is no minor league system for the NFL, so the college game acts as this medium. There are separate divisions as organized by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with these divisions also being split up into different conferences. The SEC is perhaps the most competitive of these conferences in recent years.
For bettors there are plenty of great options available when it comes to the college game. There are so many games every weekend that there are always great value and opportunities to be had. While some weeks there will be mismatches in terms of the quality of the teams, this is where the likes of college football over/under betting comes in.
This type of betting can even out the mismatches and make it more viable for you to bet for or against a strong favorite in a given fixture. Sports betting sites will always be well-stocked up with college football games, so you will never be short of betting opportunities. Here are some other popular football betting markets to consider:
Examples of college football over/under betting
If you are placing a bet on Alabama against Auburn in the Iron Bowl, you may want to look at the over/under markets. For this game, the over/under spreads for the winning margin of the game is 3.5 points. This means that the team has to win the game by at least four points in order for this bet to be a winner. For the sake of this example, the odds for this bet will be +110.
Winning example of college football over/under betting
If you bet $10 on the winning margin of the game being over 3.5 points and Alabama wins the game by 10 points, this means that your bet will be a winner. You will win a $11 profit and get your $10 stake returned to your account for a total return of $21.
Losing example of college football over/under betting
If you bet $10 on the winning margin of the game being over 3.5 point and Alabama wins the game by 2 points, this means that your bet is a loser and you will lose your stake and not get any return on your bet.
Biggest college football events for betting
Every season there are massive games that highlight the quality of the college football scene. This will see the cream rise to the top in a lot of cases, with the best of the best pitting themselves against one another. Then on the other hand you will have the likes of local rivalries that can get very heated and often spill over.
Here are some of the biggest college football over/under betting events for you to keep an eye out for every year:
Every year, the best four teams in the college football scene are selected by a committee These teams will be seeded, with the first-place seed playing the fourth place seed and the second playing the third seed as part of a mini-play off. The two winners will then advance to the national championship game. This will be held at a neutral venue that has a capacity of at least 65,000. Whatever team comes out on top will be deemed to be the best college football team in the country that year. With it comes a lot of different betting markets, including a lot of over/under options.
The Sugar Bowl takes place every year in New Orleans. It was first played in 1935 and is the second-oldest bowl game in the sport, only behind the Rose Bowl. The matchups in this game have changed over the years. These days, there is usually a team from the SEC definitely taking part. In recent years, the participants include the likes of Georgia, Clemson, Alabama and Ohio State.
The NCAA Orange Bowl takes place every year in Miami, usually taking place on New Year’s Day. Along with a couple of other competitions, it is the second-oldest bowl game in the sport, having first been played in 1935. Often years it will be the ACC champion that takes part in this game if it is not one of the top four seeds for the national championship. Some of the teams to take part in the bowl game in recent years include Alabama, Oklahoma, Virginia, Florida State and Clemson.
Placing a bet on college football: Step-by-Step
Now that you have learned a bit about college football over/under betting, you are able to get in on the action for yourself and begin placing bets on these games. There are the simple steps you need to follow to do so:
- Step 1: Find a sportsbook: You can use the state checker tool that is free to access on Betting Billy in order to see what platforms are open for you to place bets within your region. To quickly filter down this list, you should remove any platforms that do not fit into your list of priorities.
- Step 2: Make an account: As soon as you have picked a sportsbook, you can sign up for an account for free. Just enter the requested information and agree to the terms of the site. You will also need to provide some proof of address, such as a recent utility bill and a copy of some photo ID before you are able to proceed with the completed registration.
- Step 3: Deposit funds: You can now put some money into your account. Choose one of the payment methods to do so, being aware of any potential fees and processing times. Only deposit what you can afford and enter any relevant bonus code that will activate a welcome free bet offer depending on the operator.
- Step 4: Start wagering: You can now take a look at the different college football over/under betting markets. You should have all sorts of different games to look at. When you arrive at a good bet with decent odds, you add it to the betslip and confirm how much you are going to bet on this outcome.
College football over/under betting for beginners: How to bet
It is a good idea to check out some helpful tips before embarking on your betting journey. Here are some tips that can help you along the way in the beginning days for your sports betting account:
- Tip 1: Take advantage of all offers: You will have access to the likes of a free bet welcome offer when you create a new sports betting account in most cases. You’ll also have access to regular promotions along the way, such as enhanced prices, money back offers and parlay insurance. Take advantage of all these offers so you can minimize your staked funds.
- Tip 2: Do your research: A lot of information about college football is not going to be as easily accessible as it might be for the likes of NFL games. This is why you should dig a bit deeper. Going the extra mile in the search for important information can yield you potentially lucrative results if you get some great odds for your bets.
- Tip 3: Switch it up: While over/under college basketball betting has a lot of great pros, it is also a good idea to test out different betting types along the way. This gives you some good experience as to what tools you have at your disposal going forward with your betting.
- Tip 4: Use expert picks: By seeing what types of bets experts are making, you can use this information to improve your own betting. Billy’s List is free to sign up for email service with expert sports picks getting sent straight into your email inbox.
- Tip 5: Avoid your favorite teams: If you support a particular college football team, it is a good idea to avoid betting on fixtures in which this team is involved. Otherwise, your views can become skewed and mention may come into the equation, which is to be avoided at all costs.
College football over/under betting for professionals: How to bet
There are plenty of people who make a great living from their sports betting picks. NCAA college basketball over/under betting often has a big role to play in this regard. Here are some trends that you can see across the board with successful sports bettors:
- Finding the best odds: Being profitable comes down to a lot of factors. One of the easiest of these variables to control is the odds that you place your picks at. You are able to sign up for a sports betting account with all of the leading operators and alway shop around for the best odds when you are making a bet.
- Self-reflection: When you are sports betting, even the best sports bettors are not going to be able to win every single bet. They are able to look at their mistakes, gain some insight as to what went wrong and strive to not repeat these same mistakes once more.
- Narrowing your focus: Most experienced sports bettors will have a narrow focus with their betting. They will just focus on a few different teams or conferences rather than spreading themselves too thin. This is an effective approach to keep in mind with your own betting.
College football over/under betting: Try it now at one of the top 5 betting sites
As you have seen throughout this guide, there are plenty of perks associated with NCAA college football over/under betting. You will never be short of a game to place a bet on during the season, with a lot of potential for upsets and significantly profitable bets along the way. With the best betting sites, you can quickly build up your balance, starting with some of the great free bet welcome offers.
This will change depending on the state that you are going to be betting from. Some states will only require you to be 18 years old to make a wager, while other sites will outline that you have to be 21 years old. The state checker tool will show you what the legal age is in any state that you are looking at.
Yes, nearly all of the online sports betting sites will have mobile offering. Oftentimes, this will be in the form of a dedicated app that can be downloaded. Other times they will just allow you to access the desktop site through the web browser on your mobile device.
The process of confirming your age and identity as part of the registration process is vital in order to satisfy anti-money laundering and know your customer checks. Otherwise, the sites will run into issues with the federal authorities. This process is usually pretty seamless and will allow you to get on with your betting with minimal delay.
There are plenty of different types of promotions associated with betting on sports. People will have their own preferences, but free bets are always welcomed. You also have price boosts, money back offers and parlay insurance. Reading the terms and conditions of an offer will give you a proper insight as to what you can expect no matter if it is tailored to the NFL, NCAAF, MLB or NBA.
There is more money placed on NFL games due to their profile. This means that the odds will change quicker with NCAA college football because of less money being bet as a whole. There will often be better data available for NFL games and players rather than for college games.