How to bet on Formula 1 in 2022
Formula One (F1) is one of the most exciting forms of car racing in the world today. The cars are the fastest road racing cars in the world today, meaning that there is a lot of excitement for fans. The season also has many twists and turns as it moves from track to track across the world. With ten teams and 20 drivers taking part in the F1 championship each season, it is certainly an ideal way to get started betting on sports. There are loads of different betting markets you can check out for F1 races. Everything from lap time markets to over/under betting is available. This guide looks at different aspects associated with F1 betting.
F1 betting: The basics
F1 is the highest class of single seater racing in the world, with the World Drivers’ Championship being one of the most exciting racing series you will find. The circuits for these races have been purpose built largely, with portions of the race sometimes taking place on public roads. The season sees each driver and team earning points depending on their finishes in the given races.
The traditional base for F1 is in Europe, but the races take place all across the world. More than half of the races in the 2019 season for example took place outside of Europe. Finances play a big role in F1, with it costing about $120 million each year to run a middle of the road team. However, the popularity of the sport has created a lot of opportunity for the teams.
Most major fast car manufacturers that you could think of have a team in F1, such as Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren. The drivers themselves also have high profiles, with Lewis Hamilton being one of the most dominant drivers in recent years. The Englishman won three consecutive championships from 2017 through 2019.
In terms of F1 betting, there are plenty of markets for you to sink your teeth into. Naturally, race winner bets are going to be the most popular betting type that you will come across. Then you have the likes of trying to predict what drivers will have a podium finish or you can take part in betting markets that match up different drivers on a head-to-head basis. Futures betting and lap times are other popular betting markets, as well as prop bets. Whatever you enjoy about F1 can be bet on, there is plenty of variety.
Examples for F1 betting
If you are looking to place a F1 bet, there are many different types of bets to check out. For a F1 over/under bet, there are different markets this can apply to. For example, there may be an over/under market on a given race for how many final points the two drivers on a given team will win.
Winning example of F1 betting
If the sports betting site places the over/under for the total number of points Mercedes drivers will win in a race is 2 points and you believe that they will win more points than this, you will place a bet on over. If the odds are +110 for this over bet and you bet $10, you will get a total return of $21. This will be $11 profit and your $10 stake.
Losing example of F1 betting
If you back the over market for the total point received by Mercedes and they fail to meet the target, you will then lose your $10 stake and not win any return from this bet.
Biggest F1 events for placing an Over/Under bet
There are more than 20 races each season as part of the F1 championship. These races take place over the world and there are many legendary races that the drivers, teams and fans look forward to more than any other. Each race has its own distinguishing characteristics. Here are three of the biggest F1 races that take place every season:
Monaco Grand Prix
The Monaco Grand Prix has been taking place since 1929, usually taking place in May. It is one of the most prestigious races in the sport and is also a part of the Triple Crown of Motorsport along with the Indianapolis 500 and 24 Hours of Le Mans.
The race in Monaco is known for its glamour and it takes place in the narrow streets of the city, with a lot of tight corners and changes in elevation. This makes it one of the hardest circuits that drivers have to race on during the season. The famous Ayrton Senna holds the most victories in this race, having won it on six occasions, including winning it five years in a row.
British Grand Prix
The British Grand Prix has been taking place since 1926 and it takes place at Silverstone in recent decades. It is the oldest race still in the F1 racing calendar each season, with the Italian Grand Prix being the only permanent fixture since the F1 championship first launched in 1950. Lewis Hamilton has won this race more than any other driver, having won it on seven occasions, including having won it seven times in eight seasons.
Italian Grand Prix
The Italian Grand Prix is the fifth oldest national Grand Prix and first took place in 1921. It has been a part of the F1 season every year since it officially began. Every year, except for one, the race has taken place at Monza. It is known for being a very competitive race, with a large range of winners coming out on top in this race. Michael Schumacher and Lewis Hamilton jointly hold the record for the most Italian Grand Prix wins.
Placing a bet on F1: Step-by-Step
If you want to get started with Formula 1 betting, then there are a few simple steps you need to follow first. This process doesn’t take long at all, so you will be ready to go in just a few minutes. Here are the key steps:
- Step 1: Find a good F1 betting site: You should look for a list of the best F1 betting sites and then start to narrow down the options. You may have certain priorities, such as in-race betting or certain payment methods. Make sure that you choose an operator that has plenty of F1 betting options.
- Step 2: Create your account: Now that you have chosen a sports betting operator, you can then start your new account. Just add in your personal information as outlined by the operator, agree to the terms and conditions and then provide proof of address and proof of identity.
- Step 3: Add funds: You can now make your first account deposit. Make sure that you have a look to see what the welcome offer for the given sports betting site may be. As you could have to enter a bonus code when making your initial deposit to activate the deal. Only deposit what you can afford to lose.
- Step 4: Start betting: Now that you have funds in your account, you can check out the F1 betting markets and find a bet that tickles your fancy. Simply add it to your betslip and enter the sum you want to wager on this bet and confirm it.
F1 betting for beginners: How to bet
As a beginner, there may be some useful tips that you can take on board to make sure that you are not making any silly mistakes that could hurt your bottom line. Here are some simple, but effective tips to take on board with your F1 betting:
- Tip 1: Look at race form: While the current form of driver is important to consider, the previous form the drivers have at certain circuits is even more important. There are some drivers who always perform well at certain circuits and this can present you with some good value at long odds.
- Tip 2: Check the weather conditions: With F1 races, the weather conditions on the day of the race can mean that your betting selections will change. With the in-depth stats available for F1 races, you can see how the different drivers perform in certain ground conditions. This can give you an edge.
- Tip 3: Watch plenty of races: When you are getting started with F1 betting, the best thing you can do is watch F1 races. This will give you an idea of certain trends and potential betting opportunities that may exist, as well as improving your knowledge of the sport.
- Tip 4: Stay within your means: It is important that you properly manage your account balance and don’t blow it on a couple of races. In the beginning, start small with your stakes, as you are likely to make mistakes. As you get more confident, and are generating consistent results, you can then increase your bet sizes.
- Tip 5: Get expert picks: A great way to start building your knowledge of F1 betting is getting picks from some experts. Billy’s List is a service that is free to sign up for and you will get expert sports picks emailed straight to your inbox.
F1 betting for professionals: How to bet
There are a lot of professionals who make a full-time living from betting on the likes of F1 betting picks. They have tried and tested methods in which they can consistently profit over the long-term. Here are some key pieces of advice to take on board from the experts:
- Learning from mistakes: No matter how good or smart you are as a bettor, you are not going to win every single bet. This means that there are plenty of opportunities to learn from your mistakes, using this feedback to improve your chances of being successful.
- Gain an edge: Expert sports bettors are always trying to get an edge on those people who are setting the odds for the F1 race. This means staying up to date with the latest race and driver updates via social media, being able to quickly react to any breaking news.
- Enjoy the process: While a lot of people’s livelihoods depend on betting, F1 racing is a very popular sport to watch. Having a bet on the line can enhance the viewing experience and your bets should not ruin this experience for you. Only bet what you can afford to lose and don’t sweat the losses.
F1 betting: Try it now at one of the top 5 betting sites
F1 betting has tons of opportunities for you as a sports bettor. You can see the fastest race cars in the world take to the track. By putting money on the line, you are going to even further enhance this entire experience. In just a few minutes you could have your new sports betting account set up and ready to go, with a great free bet offer kicking off your new account on the right foot.
Nearly every licensed sports betting site that you visit is going to offer Formula 1 betting. While the variety of markets may differ somewhat from operator to operator, most of your bases should be covered no matter what operator you choose. Once you do your research before signing up for an account, you will be good to go.
Yes, betting in-race is one of the most popular types of gambling. This allows you to react to the goings-on in a given race, potentially spotting an opportunity that you can take advantage of. Most sports betting sites offer these markets, so you can watch the race and still be able to place bets.
There are some sports betting sites that live stream sports to their users accounts. Sometimes you need to have placed a bet on the given game or race before getting access to this live stream. This is not a given, so you will need to check to see if your specific sports betting site offers this type of a service.
With Formula 1 betting, it is always great when you are able to get in on some sort of promotion. There may be a free bet that you have received that you can use or a money back offer whereby if your driver finishes in second place in the race that you will get your stake back. Always be fully aware of the different active promotions.
Most online sports betting sites these days also have a mobile offering. This could be through an app that you can download or through your mobile device’s web browser. As a result, you are able to place F1 bets on these races no matter where in the state you are, once there are licensed mobile sportsbooks in the region.