How to bet on Football in 2021
If you are looking to get in on some action when it comes to football betting, you have come to the right place. There are plenty of betting opportunities in both the NFL and NCAA college football seasons each year. You have a heap of different types of markets you can have a look at, with many great offers boosting your long-term profitability. This guide looks at the ins and outs of the process of online football betting, giving you the knowledge needed to have a great experience when it comes to these activities.
Football betting: The basics
There is both professional and college football to consider when it comes to betting on football games. Both of these are very popular among bettors. The NFL sees the best players in the game battling it out on the field each week. The ultimate goal at the end of the season is to be crowned as world champion and win the Super Bowl. There is massive money involved in the professional scene and there is a global fan base for teams.
As a result, there is a lot more money bet on professional football games rather than college alternatives. This means you will often have more in-depth markets available to bet on, as well as great live betting options. This goes for the regular and postseason each year. You also have the option to place bets on the likes of the NFL Draft and the Pro Bowl selections. All of these options add to the whole experience of following the pro football league.
For the college football game, there is a lot more local pride involved. People in their home state will support local teams or their alma mater from other states. While the betting markets may be a bit more limited, you still have plenty of choice. Oftentimes the fan bases are even more passionate at the college level, and there are a lot more potential upsets than what you might see in the pro leagues.
The various conferences have their own rivalries each season, with the bowl games bringing the best of the best against one another to achieve ultimate honors come the end of the season. One of the most popular ways to bet on football games is through over/under betting. This provides you with an easy way to place bets on the upcoming games. Here are some other popular football betting markets to consider:
Examples for football betting
If you are looking to place a bet on a game involving the New England Patriots and the San Francisco 49ers, you will look at the various markets. The odds of the Patriots winning the game by at least 3.5 points is +110 with a given sports betting site.
Winning example of football betting
If you believe that the Patriots are going to win the game by at least four points, then you will place a $10 bet on the over market. As the Patriots win the game by ten points, you will make a profit of $11, as well as getting your $10 stake returned to you.
Losing example of football betting
If the Patriots lose the game, your over bet on them will not be successful and you will lose your $10 stake and not have any return at all.
Biggest football events for placing an Over/Under bet
There are many massive football games that take place every season that capture the imagination of the fans. This goes for both pro and college football. The best players will come together in these games and put their talents to the test, with the goal of coming out on top by the end of the game. Here are three of the most popular football games for you to bet on during the season:
The biggest game in football each year is the Super Bowl. All 32 NFL teams battle it out to reach this holy grail come the end of the season and to be crowned as the world champions. There have been many upsets over the years in this game, as well as massive comebacks and supreme displays of talent. The Super Bowl receives more bets every year than pretty much any other sports event, with tons of promotions and exciting betting opportunities being available.
National Championship Game
The National Championship game in college football puts the two best teams in the country against each other. Whatever team comes out on top will be crowned as the NCAA Division 1 Football Bowl Subdivision champion. This game always takes place at a neutral venue and the best talent often is showcased in this game before many of the players move onto the pro leagues.
AFC and NFC Championship games
After the regular NFL season, there are the play-offs. As the team moves through the respective NFC and AFC divisions, two teams are ultimately left standing and play in the championship game in an effort to earn a coveted place in the Super Bowl. There are many massive rivalries in these games over the years, with many grudge matches being extremely existing and enjoyable, particularly for bettors.
Placing an Over/Under bet on football: Step-by-Step
If you are looking to start betting on football, there are a few key steps that you are going to need to take. These will allow you to get up and running pretty quickly. Here are some of those simple steps easily outlined for you:
- Step 1: Find a sports betting site: You should check out the state checker tool on BettingBilly to see what betting sites for football are licensed in your given state. You can then start to filter through these options, finding one that is a good fit for your priorities and football betting needs.
- Step 2: Create an account: As soon as you have chosen a given sportsbook, you can then start the registration process. To do so, enter the standard personal information, as well as agreeing to the terms and conditions of the site. Before you can start betting, you need to verify your identity and address by providing a couple of documents.
- Step 3: Add funds: When your new account has been created, it is then time to add funds to it. There will be a variety of payment methods available for you to do so. Simply decide what method you will use and how much you want to initially deposit. Only add funds that you are willing to lose. There may also be a requirement to enter a welcome offer bonus code at this stage, so make sure that you do not forget to follow this step.
- Step 4: Begin betting: You are now able to use your deposited funds to place bets. Have a look at the different football betting markets and see what stands out to you as being a good bet. This could be a spread bet or an over/under bet for example. Add this selection to the betslip and enter who much you want to stake before confirming this bet.
Football betting for beginners: How to bet
As a beginner with football betting, there are a lot of different things to consider. This can sometimes cause confusion among people. Here are some clear tips that may help to clarify matters for you:
- Tip 1: Avoid your favorite teams: One pitfall that a lot of beginners make is getting too emotional with their betting decisions and placing wagers on their favorite teams. There can be bias involved when this happens and you can overestimate the potential chances of your favorite team.
- Tip 2: Avail of bonus offers: When starting off, you want to maximize your learning opportunities while minimizing the money you are spending. By taking advantage of all welcome offers and regular promotions, you can often use a free bet or the likes to place more bets without necessarily putting more of your real money on the line.
- Tip 3: Place your bets early: When the odds are released each week for the games, there can be a big difference between the odds that are initially released and what these odds will be on the day of the game. You will get a lot better value if you are quick off the mark and have your bets placed early in the week.
- Tip 4: Do your research: To be a successful sports bettor, you need to be able to do proper research about the teams, players and officials involved in a given game. All aspects need to be looked at. Without doing proper research, you are guessing more than basing your bets off calculated decisions.
- Tip 5: Utilize experts: There are many NFL betting experts out there, with others focusing on college football. You can sign up for free to the Billy’s List sports picks service. This allows you to get football betting picks straight to your inbox.
Football betting for professionals: How to bet
Countless people manage to make a full-time living from football betting. They have consistently been able to be profitable over time and know how to spot opportunities. Here are some tips from these experts that you may be able to implement.
- Keep a narrow focus: A lot of professional bettors only stick to a certain niche. This may be avoiding college football or sticking to a certain conference. This allows them to develop more expert knowledge in this given area, ultimately helping to boost their edge over time.
- Keep an eye on breaking news: Social media is a great way to keep an eye out for breaking news about the injury of a player, suspension or dissent in the camp. By keeping a close eye on these updates, you may glean some valuable info that can be used to place a bet before the odds have taken this development into account.
- Learn from mistakes: Professional bettors are not going to win every bet. Each time that they lose, it presents a great learning opportunity that can be used to improve over time.
Football betting: Try it now at one of the top 5 betting sites
Football is one of the most popular sports around. The professional and college football leagues showcase supreme athletes, with the teams having cult-like followings in a lot of cases. You can add even more excitement to these games by having skin in the game There are countless betting options for you with football betting, so you’ll never get bored. To see for yourself, sign up for an account with a quality sports betting site today and claim your free bet offer.
The legal age for betting on football games will vary depending on what state you are in. For some states, you have to bet at least 18 years old while other states require you to be at least 21 years old. To see for yourself, you can use the state checker tool on Betting Billy and see what the specific age is for your state.
You are only able to place sports bets online when you are inside of a state where there are licensed offerings. If you are outside of this jurisdiction, you cannot place these bets. Mobile apps have a geolocation feature that is able to track what state you are in to ensure that you are not breaking the rules.
Loyalty programs are very popular among the likes of online casinos. They are not as common with sports betting sites. However, you will often come across some platforms that do offer a service. This allows you to build loyalty points with every real money bet that you make. You can then exchange these loyalty points for different types of free bets and cash back bonuses.
This all depends on your experience and preferences. Generally, NFL betting is more popular because of the higher profile of the teams and players. For college football, there is less money coming in, which means that odds can change a lot quicker when money comes in. You may not have the depth of markets with college football compared to the professional game.
There are many different football betting sites in the USA market today. They all have their own pros and cons. Football is an integral part of each of these offerings as it is one of the most popular sports to bet on. Therefore, it will be hard to find an operator that cannot fulfill your football betting needs.
You always have opportunities for betting during the season, both pre-game and through live betting. You should sign up for a sports betting site today and see the quality for yourself.