How to bet on NASCAR in 2020
The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) has been around since 1948 and under the organization there are more than 1,500 races that take place every season. Naturally, there are different tiers to NASCAR racing, with the NASCAR Cup Series being the highest competition level with the likes of the Daytona 500 being a major race. A lot of people enjoy NASCAR betting as there are always plenty of variables to be considered and plenty of time to bet during races. This guide looks at the ins and outs of NASCAR betting.
NASCAR betting: The basics
You will not be able to find too many sports in the world that will be faster and more intense than NASCAR. It is the leading form of stock car racing and fans are always highly entertained by the best of the best taking their talents to the track.
There are a lot more variables to consider with NASCAR betting than most other sports. This is because there tends to be 43 different drivers taking part in the race with each being in with a chance to win the event.
For many years, NASCAR was focused in the United States, but it has begun to expand its presence across the world in more recent years. As well as expanding into the likes of Canada and Mexico, it aims to have races across Europe and Asia in the coming years.
This will expose a new set of fans to the sport and grow its profile even further. This will also give more exposure for NASCAR betting to sports bettors on a global level.
Types of Bets in NASCAR
As NASCAR is different to a lot of different sports, there will also be different types of sports bets that will be used. Here are some of those betting types:
Moneyline bets come in different forms when it comes to NASCAR betting. The most basic version of a moneyline bet will be predicting which driver you think is going to win the race outright. It’s as simple as that. You also have the ability to bet on a given driver finishing in one of the place positions if you want to provide yourself with a bit more of a margin of safety to win a bet.
If you have a feeling that a certain driver will perform well at the track but may not have the longevity to come out on top by the end of it, the fastest lap time market could be for you. This is ideal also because it is not dependent on the final outcome of the race.
One of the most popular types of NASCAR bets is driver matchups. This matches up two different drivers against each other and you decide which of these drivers you think is going to finish in a better position.
This allows you to always have something on the line even if the two drivers aren't at the front of the pack. You also have the option to combine the odds for numerous matchup selections into one single bet with decent odds and parlay bet.
With prop bets, you are trying to predict if something in particular is going to happen during the race. This could be a skilled prop bet where you are trying to use your knowledge of the sport to try to come out on top. There are also more fun types of prop bets that are an entertainment factor.
Futures betting is particularly popular at the start of the season. It allows you to try to accurately predict what will happen in a future event. For example, you may try to predict who will win the season-long championship or what driver will have the most individual race wins during the year.
Biggest NASCAR games for placing a bet
There are many major races each season as part of the NASCAR season. These attract massive viewer numbers, as well as high volumes of bets.
The Daytona 500 takes place each year at the Daytona International Speedway track in Florida and has been taking place since 1959. It is the biggest individual race on the calendar each season, with having the biggest purse by a considerable amount. It usually is held during February each year and is often the first race each year of the NASCAR Cup Series.
NASCAR Cup Series
The NASCAR Cup Series is the leading series of races as part of the NASCAR organization. It has been taking place since 1949 and has undergone numerous name changes over the years. This is based on a points system, with drivers getting more points the higher position they finish in the rankings, as well as for the amount of laps they have led the race for.
There is a playoff aspect to this series after there have been 26 regular races. There are 10 races as part of the playoff series, making for a competitive finale to see what driver will be crowned as the NASCAR champion for the season.
Place a bet on NASCAR: Step-by-Step
If you are ready to begin with your NASCAR betting experience, then this guide is for you. There are a few steps involved, each taking a short amount of time to complete. You will be betting on NASCAR races before you know it.
- Step 1: Choose a sportsbook: Your initial move will be to figure out what sportsbook you are going to use. To make this process a bit easier, try out the BettingBilly sportsbook comparison tool. This quickly shows you what the available options are for you in the state and you can see the best aspects of the different offerings.
- Step 2: Create your account: As soon as you have chosen what sportsbook you want to use, it will be time to set up this new account. This process takes just a few short minutes as you enter key personal and contact info.
- Step 3: Verify the new account: Before you can begin NASCAR betting, you need to verify your new sportsbook account. This means you need to provide some proof of ID and proof of address to the operator.
- Step 4: Make a deposit: Now that the verification has been completed, you can add some money to your account and start placing NASCAR bets. Make sure to enter any relevant promo code at this stage if there is a welcome bonus offer in place.
NASCAR betting for beginners: How to bet
If you are looking to dive head first into NASCAR betting, then there will be some tips that will be useful to keep in mind. These will help to smooth some bumps you will experience along the way.
- Tip 1: Learn the ropes: As there are plenty of races each season in NASCAR, there is no point trying to get most of your balance on one given race. You should allocate an equal sum to each race so you have the chance to improve and learn some lessons without being out of pocket. Try different types of betting markets and see what fits your eye the best.
- Tip 2: Do your research: There is a lot of data you can look at when it comes to NASCAR drivers and races. While you can get bogged down in data, it is important to know what drivers have a good track record for example, as well as good current form and who matches up well with other drivers. Taking the time to do some research can pay off nice dividends.
- Tip 3: Use bonus offers: There will normally be some form of a free bet offer you can get when you register for a new sports betting site. Make sure to avail of this free bet as it gives you an extra chance to make a return without having any risk on board. There may also be regular promotions that can be used as part of your NASCAR betting.
- Tip 4: Get expert picks: You should have a look at expert NASCAR betting picks to get an idea as to what types of bets and stakes you should be considering. Billy’s List is completely free to sign up for and you will get expert NASCAR betting picks straight to your email inbox.
- Tip 5: Be patient: When you start out with any new pursuit, there are going to be periods of frustration. It is important to keep your emotions in check when you are betting or else you will make rash decisions. Take a patient approach and don’t worry if you are not too successful with your first few bets.
NASCAR betting for professionals: How to bet
There are a lot of people out there that make a full-time living as a sports bettor. Many of these people look at NASCAR to make consistent levels of profit. While different people use different strategies, there are some nuggets that stay true for all of these people.
Getting the best odds: One of the easiest things to control no matter what your experience may be as a sports bettor is the odds that you are getting for a given NASCAR betting selection. Experienced bettors will search around for the best odds, having accounts with all of the major sports betting sites. Even small variations in the odds can make big differences over time.
Learn from your mistakes: Even consistently profitable sports bettors will not win every bet and they will go through losing streaks. What they do is learn from these mistakes, analyzing where their bets may have gone wrong and what can be done to ensure that this is not going to happen again.
NASCAR betting: Try it now at one of the top 5 betting sites
There are countless leading sports betting sites out there today that it can be a bit overwhelming trying to decide what one to sign up for. Thankfully, BettingBilly does a lot of this hard work for you thanks to its sportsbook comparison tool. Check it out today to get started with NASCAR betting in minutes.
There is not going to be a definitive best betting site for NASCAR betting. There will be different sites that standout in certain regards. For example, one platform may tend to have very good odds for NASCAR races while others will be focusing on providing a great in-race betting experience.
Most sportsbooks will provide you with a welcome offer when you sign up for an account. This is normally in the form of a free bet, so this is an ideal way to place a NASCAR bet without having to risk your own money. For the bigger NASCAR races, a lot of sportsbooks will also offer special promotions for the NASCAR race.
Thankfully, you have plenty of flexibility in terms of the types of bets you can make with NASCAR races you are not narrowed into a couple of strict options. You can take time to explore every option and see what tends to work the best for you. Over time, you may realize that you are more profitable with one particular type of bet.
As NASCAR races take plenty of time, this presents plenty of betting opportunities during the race to place bets you can react to what you are seeing during the race to potentially capitalize through in-race betting. Most sportsbooks have great interfaces for live betting that will regularly update a variety of markets for the big races.
You can have a sportsbook chosen in a few minutes if you use the BettingBilly comparison tool. The sign up process from start to finish will take a max of five minutes in most cases and a deposit will take less than a minute to make. Then you will have your money ready to go to start placing some NASCAR bets as you see fit.