How to bet Over/Under on Football in 2021
Football is extremely popular both in the USA and across the world. Whether it is the professional game or college football, there are always a lot of different betting opportunities during the course of these seasons. You can see some of the best athletes in the world take to the field and pull amazing feats of strength and skill on a weekly basis. While this in itself makes the games very exciting, you can add an extra layer of interest by adding in some betting. Perhaps the most popular form of betting on football is through over/under bets. These provide you with great flexibility and are very simple to understand. This guide looks at the common traits associated with over/under football betting.
- Over/under Football betting: The basics
- Examples for over/under football betting
- Biggest football events for placing an Over/Under bet
- Placing an Over/Under bet on football: Step-by-Step
- Over/under football betting for beginners: How to bet
- Over/under football betting for professionals: How to bet
- Over/under football betting: Try it now at one of the top 5 betting sites
Over/under Football betting: The basics
College football has always been massively popular. People usually support a college team from their own state, or they support the out-of-state college that they attended. Whatever the case may be, the fans are loud and passionate, creating a carnival atmosphere a lot of the time. This is the highlight of the football careers for most of these college players and they put their everything into every game that they play. There are different standards of college football, with each division also being split up into conferences.
Some of these conferences will be more competitive than others. For example, for recent decades, the SEC conference has been particularly strong. While there will not be as much money bet on college football games that NFL games there are still going to be tons of over/under betting markets. You also have both pre-game and live betting options open to you.
For professional football, the NFL is the top of the pile. Players get paid massive sums to put their bodies on the line every week. These games are much faster than those seen on the college level, with the margin of error being smaller.
As a result, games can often turn on a dime in the league, adding to the overall excitement. This is an ideal scenario for sports bettors, as they are usually always in with a chance of having a successful bet if things go their way in a game. You will never be short of different betting types you can use as a part of betting on NFL and NCAA games.
Examples for over/under football betting
If you are betting on a game involving the Kansas City Chiefs and the Seattle Seahawks, there will be an over/under betting market for all sorts of different betting types. These examples set the over/under for the winning score number for either team to be 3.5 points.
Winning example of over/under football betting
If you think that the Kansas City Chiefs are going to win the game by at least 4 points scored, you will place a bet on the over portion of this over/under bet. The odds for this event occurring are 11/10 and you place a $10 bet. If the Chiefs win the game by 10 points, you will make a profit of $11, as well as get your $10 bet returned to you.
Losing example of over/under football betting
If the Chiefs only win the game by 2 points, this means that your bet is a loser and you will not get any return from your bet.
Biggest football events for placing an Over/Under bet
There are many massive games that take place in college and professional football each year. Some of these games see geographical rivals battling it out, while other rivalries have been built up over years of constantly going toe to toe with one another.
Whatever the case may be, some games each season stand out from the rest in terms of their excitement and prestige. Along with that excitement comes a lot of betting opportunities. Here are some of the biggest events for over/under football betting:
The Super Bowl is the crowning jewel of the NFL and football as a whole. The world champions will be crowned after this game finishes, with each NFL team starting out the season with their eyes on this prize. Only one team can be crowned as champion,with many nail-biting games taking place over the years. The one thing that can be said about the Super Bowl is that from year to year, anything can happen. There can be blowouts, low scoring games or massive comebacks.
NFC and AFC Championship games
The winner of these games will progress into the Super Bowl in order to play each other for the big prize. These are the two main divisions in the NFL, being divided by geographical means for the most part. Usually, the teams that have been the most consistent during the year will get to this final game. Many bitter rivalries have been seen in these games in recent times, such as between the likes of the Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots and the Baltimore Ravens.
College National Championship
The college national championship sees the best college team crowned as the champion at the end of the year. This game always takes place on a neutral venue and attracts massive crowds. A lot of these players will be playing their last game as a college football before moving onto the big leagues. While these players do not get paid for playing college football, the prestige and honor is massive, with these champions going down into history forever more if they win.
Placing an Over/Under bet on football: Step-by-Step
If you are ready to get started placing over/under football bets, there are some steps that need to be completed beforehand. They only take a few minutes and you’ll then be good to go. Here are those key steps:
- Step 1: Select a sportsbook: The first step is selecting a sports betting. The easiest way to do so is use the Betting Billy state checker tool to see what licensed sportsbooks are operating in your given state. Then start to narrow down this list by looking at your preferences in a sportsbook.
- Step 2: Sign up: Once you have chosen a sportsbook, you can sign up for an account. It requires you to add personal info and agree to the site’s terms and conditions. Then you need to provide a copy of proof of address and some photo ID.
- Step 3: Deposit money: You can now use various payment methods to add some funds into your new account. Only deposit what you can afford to lose and make sure to add any relevant bonus code when making this transaction if this is a required step as part of the operator's welcome offer.
- Step 4: Start wagering: You can now start placing over/under football bets. When you find an opportunity that could be profitable, you can add it to the betslip and enter how much you want to place on this bet.
Over/under football betting for beginners: How to bet
As a beginner, there are many different things to take into account when you get started. With over/under betting, it is very easy to understand this bet type, but it is a different story being able to be profitable with it. Here are some tips to help you:
- Tip 1: Do your research: It is important that you do your research into the player and teams in a given game. You can spot potential trends and information that will help you with your over/under betting.
- Tip 2: Use free bet offers: It is a good idea to make sure that you are stacking the odds in your favor as much as possible. As a result, using all of the free bet offers that you can get your hands on is a great way of minimizing downside and minimizing your potential profit.
- Tip 3: Don’t let emotion rule you: It is vital when you are betting that you do not allow your emotions to cloud your judgement. This can be detrimental, especially when betting on your favorite teams. Always leave emotion out of matters.
- Tip 4: Don’t overly rely on previous matchups: For college football, the teams change a lot from year to year. Therefore, it is not a good idea to look too far into the past for the two teams previous battle with one another. Recent form is going to be a lot more relevant.
- Tip 5: Get expert picks: You can sign up to an expert betting tips service like the Billy’s List and get over/under betting tips sent directly to your inbox on a regular basis.
Over/under football betting for professionals: How to bet
Many professional bettors have their own distinct strategies and methods whereby they can constantly profit over the long run. However there are some commonalities that stand out from their betting patterns. Here are some of those patterns:
- Managing your money: It is important that you are being smart with your betting balance and not blowing it all in one weekend of games. Professional bettors diversify their holdings and don't put too much skin in the game for a given match or week. Pick and choose your moments.
- Get the best odds: Professional bettors will have accounts with all of the leading football betting sites. This allows them to always get the best odds and maximize their return for every bet.
- Reflection: No professional bettor is going to win every bet. When they lose, it is a great method by which they can learn from mistakes and improve their future betting.
Over/under football betting: Try it now at one of the top 5 betting sites
You have a massive amount of choice with over/under football betting. All major sports betting sites will have in-depth betting markets no matter what game you are looking at. This is a simple type of betting, but it is understandable and allows you to have a stake in the game itself. To add to your enjoyment of football games, sign up for a sports betting account in just a few minutes and get started betting.
This will depend on what state you are currently in. There are some states where the legal age is 18 years old, with this rising to 21 years old in other states. Use the state checker tool to see for yourself what the legal age may be in your particular state so you know for sure.
All licensed sports betting sites in the USA will require you to provide some form of photo ID and proof of address when signing up for an account for the first time. This is a requirement as per the anti-money laundering laws and is done to protect the operator and the public. The process of verifying these documents is usually very quick.
It is always a great idea to use betting bonuses to minimize your downside risk. For football betting, you have the likes of a free bet offer that does what is says on the tin. You may also get parlay insurance, a price boost or a money back offer if a certain event happens during the course of a game.
The vast majority of mobile sports betting sites will allow you to conduct transactions. These can even be quicker a lot of the time when making deposits or withdrawals through an app or mobile browser. Simply select the payment methods and enter the value of the given transaction and you will be good to go. There may be a fee associated with the transaction depending on what method you use. You should also check the processing times on offer from the given operator.
Loyalty programs are a lot more common when it comes to online casinos rather than online sports betting sites. However, there are some platforms that do give you loyalty points every time you place a real money bet. These points can then be redeemed for the likes of free bets or cash back bonuses.