How to bet on Premier League in 2021
The Premier League is the biggest soccer league in the world. It attracts some of the best players from around the globe and there are always fierce battles for the title most seasons. It has been taking place since 1992 and is constantly going from strength to strength. It is extremely popular as a league for sports bettors. Each game gets a large number of bets each week. This soccer betting guide looks at all of the different aspects associated with Premier League betting in the USA.
- Premier League betting: The basics
- Types of Bets in Premier League
- Biggest Premier League teams for placing a bet
- Place a bet on Premier League: Step-by-Step
- Premier League betting for beginners: How to bet
- Premier League betting for professionals: How to bet
- Premier League betting: Try it now at one of the top 5 betting sites
Premier League betting: The basics
The Premier League initially began in 1992 and it has grown into the biggest league in the world in terms of viewership. There are 20 teams that take part in the Premier League each season, with each team playing 38 matches each season. The season itself begins in August and normally ends in May, with most of the games taking place over the weekends.
There are massive television deals in place for the Premier League as it is the most watched sports league anywhere in the world. Since the starting of the Premier League, there have been six different teams to have won the title, with Manchester United being well on top with 13 titles.
Premier League betting is highly popular no matter where in the world you go. There are tons of markets for these games, with live betting being well supported. You have tons of coverage on television for these games also. Other popular forms of soccer betting include:
Types of Bets in Premier League
For every Premier League game, you will have hundreds of different betting markets to check out. This means that you are never going to be bored with the vast selection of options. Here are some of the most popular betting types for Premier League betting these days:
A moneyline bet is the most basic form of Premier League betting. This allows you to bet on the outcome of the game. In its most basic form. A moneyline bet sees you try to predict that the team in a fixture will come out on top. There are spread markets for moneyline bets where a handicap is added to the favorite.
This makes for a more even playing field for potential mismatches. For example, if there is a 1.5 goal spread applied to a favorite, this means that they need to win by at least 2 goals in order for your bet to be a winner. There are all sorts of associated bets, including asian handicap markets.
Futures betting sees you attempting to predict the outcome of some event in the future. An example of futures betting in the Premier League is trying to predict what team will be crowned as champion come the end of the season. You may also engage in futures betting for individual players, such as picking the player you believe will be the top goalscorer come year end.
Prop betting sees you getting access to odds for certain players or team’s individual performances during the game, with these odds not really being correlated with the result of the game. For example, you may bet on how many goals a player will score or how many corners a team will get during a game.
Parlay betting or an accumulator bet allows you to combine the odds of a number of different picks together into a single bet. You need every one of these picks to win in order for the overall bet to win. The odds will multiply with each other as you add more picks to the bet. Naturally, with the higher level of risk, the higher the win reward will be as the odds rise. This type of betting is extremely popular in Premier League betting.
Scorecast markets are very popular in Premier League betting. This could include predicting the exact final score of a game or what the score will be at half-time. There are all sorts of goalscorer markets for both individual players and teams that are popular among sports bettors.
Biggest Premier League teams for placing a bet
There are many top quality Premier League teams that tend to dominate each and every season. Naturally, these teams are going to attract football fans from across the world and there is going to be more money bet on the games in which these teams are involved in during a given week. Other notable football teams include Tottenhum Hotspur, Arsenal, Burnley and Leicester City.
Liverpool have traditionally been one of the best clubs in England. While they had never won a Premier League up until 2020, they finally got over the line. They play an exciting brand of soccer, with many exciting players taking to the football field every game. The likes of Mo Salah are prolific goal scorers and the tight defense is known for keeping clean sheets.
Manchester United are perhaps the most recognizable football team in the world. They have won a record 13 Premier League titles and while they are not as strong these days as they once were, they are usually there or thereabouts each season. They are known for being able to score and concede plenty of goals, creating an exciting game that is end to end.
Manchester City has emerged over the past decade as a force to be reckoned with after getting new owners that invented a lot of money into the club. Now some of the league's best players ply their trade in this half of Manchester. Perhaps the most prolific football striker in recent years, Sergio Augero is part of the lineup on a regular basis.
Place a bet on Premier League: Step-by-Step
If you are ready to start betting on Premier League games, then you will have to tick a few boxes first. Here is a guide to walk you through these key steps:
- Step 1: Select a sportsbook: You can use the BettingBilly sportsbook comparison tool to see what option your state is going to be a good fit for you. Everyone will have their open priorities when it comes to what they want in a sportsbook.
- Step 2: Register: You will be able to set up a new account as soon as you have chosen a sportsbook. This will normally take a few minutes and entails you entering a variety of contact and personal info, as well as setting up your account details and agreeing the conditions and terms of the site.
- Step 3: Account verification: The process of verifying a new account takes just a few minutes but it is a requirement for all licensed sportsbooks. You simply need to provide some proof of address and proof of ID so the site can confirm you are who you claim to be.
- Step 4: Get started betting: To get started betting, you need to add some funds to your account. While doing so, make sure you enter any relevant bonus code to trigger a welcome bonus offer that may be part of an offering. You will then be ready to start placing Premier League bets.
Premier League betting for beginners: How to bet
There are some key tips that will be useful to keep in mind if you are new to Premier League betting. These will give you the stepping stones needed to hopefully go onto become a successful sports bettor.
- Tip 1: Remember international windows: During the Premier League season, there are a number of times when there are breaks due to international football games taking place. When players return from these games, they can be fatigued from the extra games and travel, while those who were not away will be well rested. These are times when there can be potential upsets in the odds.
- Tip 2: Consider matchups: While there are always players coming and coming each season, there will still be useful trends and data you can pick up about given matchups between teams. Home and away records are very important, with some players and teams tending to raise their performances somehow each time they come across a given opponent.
- Tip 3: Don’t get too greedy: Parlay betting or accumulator bets are highly popular among those engaging in Premier League betting. They may add eight or more teams to their selection each week. However, you only have a very slim chance of winning. Instead, you should focus on parlay bets with at most four selections.
- Tip 4: Get expert sports picks: As a beginner sports bettor, it is a good idea to learn from the experts. Billy’s List is free to sign up for and you will get emails sent to your inbox regularly with expert betting tips for Premier League games.
- Tip 5: Don’t get emotional: Soccer fans can tend to get very emotional when it comes to the team they support and the teams they dislike. This can often play into the betting for a beginner. This is something to be avoided, so it is often a good idea to avoid betting on your favorite team.
Premier League betting for professionals: How to bet
A lot of sports bettors have seen a lot of success over the years with Premier League betting. They all have different approaches, but there are often some trends you can see to take advantage of for yourself:
- Playing the odds: One of the easiest things you can copy is always making sure you are getting the best odds for a given pick. Expert bettors have sportsbook accounts with all the leading operators. This means they will always get access to the best odds.
- Doing your homework: Expert sports bettors are also staying up to date with the latest news about players and teams. This could be news of an injury, a falling out with teammates or a manager or a suspension. Whatever the case may be, if you do your homework, you can often find an edge on the sportsbooks.
- Learn from your mistakes: Experienced bettors do not win every bet. What they do well is learning from these experiences instead of just moving onto the next game. By analyzing your mistakes, you will constantly be improving your ability as a sports bettor.
Premier League betting: Try it now at one of the top 5 betting sites
If you like the look of Premier League betting, adding an extra form of excitement to watching these great games, you have come to the right place. You can use the BettingBilly comparison tool to find the best fit sportsbook for you. Waste no time and sign up for an account straight away.
There is no one size fits all approach to Premier League betting. This is why it is good to be aware of most of the major types of betting options for Premier League games. You will be able to take a horses for courses approach and always have a good tool for a given situation.
There is no one sportsbook that is going to be the best all round in terms of Premier League betting odds. However, there will be some sites that as a whole have a very good odds offering for these games. You can see these options by using the BettingBilly sportsbook comparison tool.
This will be dependent on the given person. For example, you may want a very good in-play offering for Premier League games that regularly updates odds, has in-depth states and a variety of betting markets. You may simply want a certain payment method to be offered. Make a list of priorities and work down the list of operators using it.
When you register for a new sports betting account, you will almost always be able to access a welcome bonus offer. You may need a promo code to activate this offer, which is often a free bet. There will also be regular promotions for Premier League games on a lot of sportsbooks, such as enhanced odds or insurance on your parlays.
While this has been a controversial topic in recent times, a lot of sportsbooks still allow you to place bets on players transferring from Premier League clubs to another. There are concerns that players may get involved in trading insider information to their friends and family about these transfers that may then be used to place bets.