How to bet on UFC in 2020
The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is the leading mixed martial arts (MMA) organization in the world today. It hosts some of the best fights in the space each year, with most of the world’s fighters being part of this fighting organization. This provides ample MMA betting opportunities.
Having started in 1993, its profile has exploded in recent years thanks to big attractions such as Conor McGregor. Sports betting on UFC fights is popular, with this being a raw, head to head battle between a couple of fighters. This guide will look at the various aspects involved with UFC betting online.
UFC betting: The basics
The first UFC was held in 1993 and the sports organization has gone through a number of changes over the years. It is based in Las Vegas, Nevada and there are fight nights that take place all across the world on a regular basis. There are a dozen weight divisions in total, eight being for men and four divisions for women fighters.
There have been more than 500 events as part of the UFC over the years. The president of the UFC is Dana White, having been in this position since 2011 and he has guided the sports organization to much success. The best fighters in the sport often combine various fighting disciplines, such as wrestling, boxing and Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
Sports betting on UFC events has become more popular in recent years as the profile of the sport has continually grown. You have a range of different types of betting options in this regard, adding an extra bit of excitement to these fights.
Types of Bets in UFC
UFC betting is a bit different to some of the other major sports that are popular today. This is because they pit two fighters against one another rather than being a team based sport. Here are some of the more popular betting markets for you to check out with the UFC.
A moneyline bet is the most straightforward type of bet that you will come across with UFC betting. It effectively has you backing the fighter that you think is going to win the match.
You can also bet on the method by which the MMA fighter will win, such as a technical knockout or a submission. The odds will be greater if you are trying to predict what round the fight will end and what method will be used when ending this fight during the given round.
Futures betting allows you to look ahead to the future and bet on some potential outcome of a future event. For example, you may place a bet on who will be the next heavyweight champion or betting on who will be the next champion to lose their belt. This is usually a more long term type of bet.
Prop betting relates to specific aspects of a given MMA fighter’s stats during a game. For example, you may place a bet on the range of punches they will throw during a fight or how many successful takedowns they will have during the fight. This is a way to bet on a fight without it necessarily being depending on the final outcome of the bout.
Parlay betting allows you to combine numerous single selections into one bet. You may add a number of fight winner selections into one bet for a given fight night. This will see each of the odds for the selections multiple with the odds of one another.
This leads to large potential returns, which is ideal. Naturally, the more selections you add to parlays, the higher the risk of losing will be as you need every selection to win for the overall bet to win.
Biggest UFC events for placing a bet
There are many notable UFC events that take place every year. These will often be in the form of a title fight or a rematch or a highly anticipated matchup between a couple of fighters that have a lot of bad blood. Here are some of the more popular fighters to bet on:
Conor McGregor is an Irish MMA fighter who has formerly been a featherweight and a lightweight champion. He is well-known for his trash talking and has crossed over to the world of boxing, having fought Floyd Mayweather Jr. He has set all sorts of different records for pay per view numbers for his UFC fights and he is known for being a controversial figure.
Jon Jones is considered to be one of the best MMA fighters to ever fight in the UFC. He also became the youngest champion in the history of the UFC in 2011 when he won the UFC lightweight championship at just 23 years old. He has been part of numerous doping controversies over the years as well as having a number of run ins with the law. Jones has had a number of notable rivalries, particularly with Daniel Cormier.
Nunes is a Brazilian female MMA fighter who has been the bantamweight and featherweight champion, becoming the first woman fighter in the UFC to become a two-division champion and only the third fighter to ever hold two titles at the same time. She was also the first fighter to successfully defend both of these titles while holding them at the same time. Many see her as being the best female fighter of all time.
Place a bet on UFC: Step-by-Step
If you are looking to get started with placing UFC bets, then you will need to follow a few different steps in order to do so. Here they are laid out in an easy to see manner:
- Step 1: Find a good sportsbook: You will need to figure out what your priorities are going to be with a sportsbook. Some people like to have certain types of payment methods while others prefer the best betting odds. You can use the BettingBilly comparison tool to see the available options in your state.
- Step 2: Sign Up: You can now sign up for an account with the new sportsbook. This normally takes a few minutes, requiring you to give them some personal info, such as full name and address, as well as your contact details and setting an account username and password.
- Step 3: Verify your profile: A required part of the sign up process is verifying your account. This requires you to provide some proof of ID and proof of address. This usually takes only a couple of minutes and approval is pretty quick for most operators.
- Step 4: Start betting: You will be ready to start betting after you have added funds to this new account. To make your first deposit, simply choose from one of the payment methods There may be a promo code for a welcome bonus offer that needs to be entered when you are conducting this transaction.
UFC betting for beginners: How to bet
If you are just getting started with UFC betting, there are some useful tips that might be able to help you get to grips with the process of being a successful bettor. Here are a few tips for you to apply to your betting:
- Tip 1: Take advantage of bonus offers: A welcome bonus is a great way to start your new sports betting account and it provides you with a free bet that can usually be used to place a bet in a risk-free manner. There may also be bonus offers for existing customers for big UFC fights.
- Tip 2: Watch plenty of fights: It is a good idea to watch as many UFC fights as possible with a thought being kept on the betting outcomes for these fights. By watching many fights and figuring out when certain fighters tend to tire out or when certain fighters tend to push hard for a finish can all be used in the future when you are considering making different bets.
- Tip 3: Do your homework: There are a lot of different styles as part of the UFC. Some fighters focus on fighting standup only and will never try to get a submission while others will try to take every fight to the ground and make it a wrestling fest. It is important when betting on a fight that you know the two styles of the two fighters involved.
- Tip 4: Trying a bit of everything: When starting out with betting on UFC fights, you should try a wide variety of different betting types so you can see what ways each of the options works. You will know for future reference what type so bets should be used in different situations.
- Tip 5: Get expert picks: A great way to figure out what types of UFC bets you should be placing is signing up for a free picks service. Billy’s List sends you free email tips from a bunch of experts on a regular basis.
UFC betting for professionals: How to bet
There are some bettors that can make a full time living from betting, with UFC being one of their areas of focus. While successful bettors tend to have different policies and approaches to betting, there are some common trends that persist:
- Shopping around: The experienced bettors will know that even the smallest change in odds can have a massive effect over the long run on your levels of profit. This is why they tend to have accounts with all of the best sportsbooks so they can always get the lowest odds for a bet that they are making.
- Finding a niche: A lot of experienced bettors can look at historical data and see that certain types of bets tend to yield them the best results on average. By focusing on your strengths, you will be improving your chances of being a success. This could go for the same as a certain type of weight class that you see a lot of success.
- Not spreading themselves thin: Successful bettors will not be placing bets on every fight on a given card instead, they will focus on a couple of different bouts with their bets. They back their research and will put money on the line where they are the most confident.
UFC betting: Try it now at one of the top 5 betting sites
There are many leading sports betting sites on the market today that allow in-depth UFC betting options. You can see the options available to you through the BettingBilly operator comparison tool. Then you can sign up for the sportsbook site in just a few minutes and begin betting. What more could you want?
There is no single definitive betting type that is best for UFC betting. You will see what type of betting lines tend to yield the best results for you when you have been placing bets for some time on the UFC and seeing what the data shows in terms of performance levels. Different bet types will be ideal for different types of situations.
There is no sportsbook that is completely dedicated to UFC betting or focuses on it more than other parts of its offering. However, certain operators will come out on top in certain regards. For example, some sportsbooks will have very good in-play betting options for UFC fights, while others tend to have pretty low odds for most UFC fights. Many top bettors sign up for all of the leading sportsbooks so they can get the best of both worlds.
There are many exciting UFC fighters in the sport today that attract massive crowds and viewing numbers. However, it may not always be the most high-profile fighters who are the best to bet on. Some fighters are very consistent over time in how and when they win/loss fights. The more predictable a fighter may be, the more confidence you can have in your betting.
As part of the sign up process for most sportsbooks, you will receive a welcome bonus. This is usually a type of a free bet offer, giving you a risk-free chance to boost your account balance. For bigger UFC cards, there may be special promotions on offer through sportsbooks for existing bettors.
Every fighter will have their own strengths and weaknesses both in the octagon and when it comes to betting. Some are just so unpredictable that it can be hard with any certainty to guess what version of themselves will turn up on a given day. While unpredictability can lead to higher odds for certain markets, your confidence levels on your bets will also decrease in line with this uncertainty.