US Sports Betting Review in 2021
BettingBilly is devoted to bringing you a detailed and up-to-date sports betting review in an attempt to bring you the best sportsbook sites available. We take a look at the legal situation in the United States while bringing about an interactive way to set up your preferences and list favorites through Billy’s List.
Are Online Bookmakers Legal in the USA?
The legal obstacles sportsbetting in the United States faced for years had many sports betting review sites focus on offshore gambling opportunities which explored a gray area. Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act had a federal betting ban in place and there have been few legit sportsbook sites to go for.
However, the Supreme Court has ruled PASPA a violation of the 10th Amendment in 2018 and this meant lifting the ban on sports betting, among others. This opened the door for the states to take over the regulation of sports gambling through bills and establishing authorities, which many have used already.
Over 15 states already passed the bills to make sports betting legal and establish a regulated market. Even more are considering passing such bills at the moment, as we finding ourselves in possibly the most uncertain time for US bettors ever. Indeed, there are new developments almost every day and the situation feels as complicated as ever.
Still, this has had a major impact on offshore sportsbook sites as players have fewer reasons to register and play. BettingBilly is on the continuous lookout and a relentless search for legal changes, best sports betting site offers, games you can play, and more. Billy’s List will allow you to sign up for free and receive updates as well as daily betting tips, serving as a unique service you need to use. Indeed, even if your state hasn’t legalized sportsbetting yet, we strongly advise you to set up and wait for it.
Online vs. Offline Sports Betting
Online sports betting reviews all suggest the same: online sportsbooks wouldn’t exist without brick-and-mortar establishments in the first place but offer sustainable advantages. We don’t feel retail sportsbooks will ever become obsolete but there is more reason to set up with an online site every day.
Firstly, the betting offer is huge and the number of sports you can bet is just growing. You can take your time and do your research before placing bets too, which certainly beats going to a retail casino or racetrack to do so. The sites offer improved flexibility and grabbing the best odds was never as easy.
Indeed, you can deposit and bet from the comfort of your home or mobile devices. Top sports betting sites allow you to play around the clock, with quality customer support to facilitate the process. Furthermore, you can often find welcome bonus offers in the shape of free bets, deposit bonuses or odds boosts. This will help you make the best of your money and boost your bankroll early on.
Legal vs. Offshore Sports Betting
US players have been in the gray for a long time, struggling to find fully legal and legit sports betting opportunities. However, sports betting legalization made a boom and immediately saw a shift in power, turning attention from offshore sportsbooks and some would even say marginalizing them.
Sticking with legal US betting sites is advised by all experts for a number of reasons. Offshore companies can offer no guarantee to pay out winnings and hold rights to arbitrate any potential issues, with somewhat vague regulatory bodies in the Caribbean. A legal site, on the other hand, has to work with a number of authorities and have more responsibilities which ultimately means better security.
What this also means is a more serious approach to gambling and sports betting business, devotion to fund safety and data protection. We can thus only advise you to deposit and bet with legal bookies, even if the pricing feels lucrative with offshore sportsbooks.
Sports Betting Review: 5 Most played Betting Types
As with many sports betting sites reviews, we cannot deny the space to the many betting types at hand with almost any online sportsbook site. Still, US players have their favorites and we now cover just some of them!
- Moneyline: One of the simplest and most popular bet types, Moneyline betting offers bettors to choose the winners and wager with provided odds. This is very popular with seemingly evenly matched games and events.
- Point Spread betting: When there are more prominent favorites in games, Point spread betting offers players to even the field. Our sports spread betting review covers all about the type, where sportsbooks will offer spreads in an attempt to make the outcome more uncertain and fittingly boost the odds.
- Teaser betting: You can also adjust the point spread on your own, which is called a Teaser bet. Sportsbooks generally allow you to move it anywhere between four and 14 points and have resulting odds ready for the taking.
- Over/Under betting: Whether you want to use it for points, assists, touchdowns, homeruns, or any other stat available, Over/Under betting serves as a fan favorite when it comes to stats. Site will provide the line they consider border and allow you to bet if the outcome will be higher or lower than the suggested value.
- Hedge Betting: Hedge betting allows more experienced and pro bettors to either secure slight profits by finding odds differences between betting sites and backing both outcomes.
Top 10 Sports Events to bet on
The same goes for major and minor sports US bettors like investing their money on, with some favorites and some possibly unexpected options snatching a spot on our list below. Let’s cover the top sports to bet on with US sportsbooks!
- Super Bowl betting: There’s no better way to start this list than straight from the top. Super Bowl betting serves as the single most attractive event to US bettors throughout the year and it’s only been breaking records year after year.
- Football betting: Football betting in general offers great opportunities and has been one of the main magnets for US players throughout the season. With a great number of markets for every single game, it’s bound to have something for every fan.
- Political betting: More unconventional, political betting has been catching the eye of many in the know as bettors predict US elections but also the political events across the globe with many big sportsbooks.
- Soccer betting: Soccer betting has been dominated by major European leagues and the World Cup, but the rising MLS popularity has brought domestic competitions to the forefront throughout the season as well.
- NBA betting: Basketball is very popular across the world and NBA betting certainly stands as one of the major points of interest. It has been very popular with offshore companies but legal sportsbetting now has more games you can play every week.
- Baseball betting: Baseball has a great fan base of its own but it’s been said baseball betting is not as popular as some other US sports. Still, major events get a huge range of markets in the offer and serve as a great opportunity for knowledgeable fans.
- Tennis betting: Tennis betting has its highlights throughout the year as well with all ATP tournaments, which brings about great interest from pros and recreational bettors alike.
- Horse betting: Quite possibly the first sportsbetting around, Horse betting offers a consistent range of races you can choose which certainly has added to its popularity over the years.
- eSports: Rise of eSports was quickly followed by the rise of eSports betting, which follows big-money tournaments from around the globe and offers a unique live sportsbetting experience if you play games.
- UFC: One of the best paid martial arts, UFC betting rakes in great money with major fights as any given sportsbook gets you a profound offer. Indeed, bettors enjoy options and this gives great width to the offer.
Our Test Categories
To give you a better understanding how we review a sportsbetting site, we’ll now present some of the major test categories we go over. We only look into fully legal options and investigate mobile apps, bonuses, money handling, casino and poker opportunities, and more.
Betting offer: We first look at what you can actually bet on. It’s important to have a wide range of sports, live events, and markets in the offer, even if you will only use some when you just sign up.
Parlay picks: Parlays are an important part of such an investigation, where we provide regular picks through Billy’s List and make sure to check if each sportsbook has them in store during our review.
In-play betting: Live betting has become instrumental for bettors who enjoy watching live streams. We take a look at sportsbook’s Live offer and the quality of the In-play service in general.
Mobile betting: Just like casino and many other services, we like sports betting on the go as well. It’s thus important to have quality mobile apps that facilitate bets and we always make it a detailed sports betting app review.
Welcome bonus and promotions: We find many bettors love grabbing a welcome bonus. We check out each bookie’s bonus offer as well as number of other promotions, including free money bonuses and odds boosts.
Support: Customer support is very important for sportsbooks for more than one reason. It’s the sole contact with the players and serves to smooth out their experience, whether it’s when you’re just making the account, first deposit money, or have trouble with a bonus you want to claim.
Payment options: Every casino and sportsbook provide a set of methods you can use to deposit and withdraw funds. We take a closer look at the options, fees, deposit and withdrawal times, and which allow grabbing a bonus.
Limits and odds: Best odds hold obvious importance to sportsbetting experience but it’s also important to select sportsbook with deposit, withdrawal, and betting limits which best suit your pocket.
Usability: We also dig deep into the sportsbook’s site and offer an insight on the design as well as functionality. User-friendly interface plays a huge role in a casino, poker, or sportsbook site we choose.
Security: Legal sportsbetting sites will usually treat security with great care, investing in firewalls, data encryption, payment processors, and more. We always make sure sportsbook sites we suggest use top-notch protocols.
- Betting Offer
- Parlay Picks
- In-Play Betting
- Mobile Betting
- Welcome Bonus & Promotions
- Payment Options
- Limits & Odds
Finding the best gambling spot for yourself is never easy. When you think you’ve got a favorite, we suggest making a checklist of your preferences and following through to see whether online sports betting reviews feature all you care about. Here are things we check before setting up an account:
- League & market availability
- Betting odds
- Mobile betting platform
- Live betting options
- Customer support
- Parlay selections
- Payment options
- Fast cashouts
- Welcome bonus
- Other betting promotions
Our Top 5 Sports Betting Bonus
Many of the sportsbooks now offer a sports betting bonus of sort and selecting one has become an important part when picking a site. If you are hunting for free money, here is a list of some of the best bonuses out there for you to overview!
Our Top 5 Betting Apps
If you enjoy gambling on the go, mobile apps could prove even more important than a bonus itself. It is important to have a quality sports betting app for your preferred device, which will breathe a solid design and great functionality. Here are some of the apps we found!
5 Tips for the Beginning
If you have a sportsbook in mind and want to set up an account for the first time, we do have some important advice to share first. Check out these beginner tips and make the best out of them.
Use your knowledge: Make the best out of what you already know. This goes especially true if you are sports fan and have a league you’ve been following for years. Bet on sports you know about rather than picking exotic markets only because the odds are lucrative.
Don’t stop at just one: We always suggest you check out more than a single sportsbook. This way you can compare your experience with one and the other, from customer support and interface to live offer and major event odds.
Gamble responsibly: Don’t bet with money you cannot afford to lose. Always take time before you decide to deposit new money, regardless if you are going for a sportsbook, casino, or a poker room.
Money management: Once you made up your bankroll and set betting limits for yourself, don’t use your account otherwise without an analysis. Special offers should never cloud your judgment and force you into new bets.
Use Billy’s List: We are here to help so why not use it! Billy’s List provides you with an overview of all the necessary information while also providing betting tips. Read reviews and other people’s opinions, as this could be a great way to start off your online sportsbetting experience.
It depends on the state you are in. Supreme Court allowed states to regulate the sports betting markets alone, finding PASPA act breaking the 10th Amendment and practically lifting the ban which was in force since 1992.
The number of states legalizing sportsbetting is increasing and the constant change could be hard to follow. You can sign up to Billy’s List for free and we’ll let you in on any changes as they happen, if your state is not already listed.
You will need legal documents proving your ID and legal status. You need to be at least 21 and a resident of a state which already legalized it. You will also need a way to fund your account and withdraw potential winnings.
All sportsbooks have banking methods they accept explicitly listed. Good bookies will allow a range of different options for you to choose from. You can find more info on these with our sportsbook or payment method reviews.
Yes, chances are you can. Many of the best bookies offer welcome bonuses, which often come in the form of a deposit bonus or free money offer. We suggest you also check out the running promotions and odds boosts.
Most of the deposit options are usually listed for withdrawals too. This will depend on the bookie you choose, of course, and you should check out the available methods before making your deposits.
Good sportsbook sites will offer a good game selection on a range of sports and markets. Most of the US fan favorites such as NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, and MLS are available together with more exotic picks such as e-Sports and politics.
Yes, betting on the go has never been given as much focus. There are usually separate Android and iPhone betting apps. You should always go for a book offering quality service with no glitches when you reach for your phone.
There is no one answer to this. You have to bear in mind your preferences and select one of the best sportsbooks in the offer. We suggest you use Billy ‘s List and even make a checklist of your own to make sure you have all the features you need.
You can always contact customer support to get to the bottom of any issues you might face. Customer care is very important with sportsbooks we suggest, offering friendly and knowledgeable service through most part of the day.