Welcome! The UFC is excited to host you again in the UFC Apex this Saturday, the 28th of August. It’s the ultimate striker’s showdown as two top 10 featherweights face off as the main event. Also, we will be treated to the season finale of The Return of The Ultimate Fighter: Team Volkanovski vs. Team Ortega. Stay with us for the best odds, bets, picks and predictions.
UFC Fight Night (Barbosa vs. Chikadze) General Information:
- Date: Saturday, August 28, 2021
- TV-Time: ESPN+, 10:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: UFC Apex
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fights: 6 Main Fights & 6 Preliminary Cards.
- Main Event: Edson Barboza vs. Giga Chikadze
Expert Pick #1 – Barboza to win @-115
The main card of the evening looks to be a lively striking match between two top 10 featherweights. Both men come into the fight looking very strong. This fight looks like it will be a very close one. Chikadze is on the back of 6 straight wins in the UFC, extending to 8 straight wins overall. In contrast, Barboza is finding his feet in the division after making the step down from Lightweight. The game looks fairly balanced. Barboza has the Reach advantage, Chikadze has a Height advantage.
Our first expert pick is a Barboza win. The reason for this pick is that Chikadze’s wins have come through, overpowering his opponents, which is unlikely to be the case with Barboza because he is relatively strong for the Featherweight division after making his way down from Lightweight. On the other hand, Barboza has a clinical setup with which he outclasses his opponents. We believe his agility and strength will give him the “W”.
Records: Edson Barboza 22-9-0 | Giga Chikadze 13-2-0 Main Card – Featherweight (145lbs)– Approx. Start Time: 10:30 p.m. ET
Expert Pick #2 – Aldrich to win @-400
JJ has not had a stable fighting career in the UFC. However, she has considerable fighting experience, having come up against tough opposition like Maycee Barber, Danielle Taylor and Cortney Casy. On the other hand, Vanessa Demopoulos is also a great fighter that is quick on her feet with a decent striking rate.
Our second pick of the Night is a JJ Aldrich win. While JJ has not been winning convincingly recently, she has been able to grind out some nice wins recently. Moreso, her significant size advantage will likely mean that she will control the match and overpower Vanessa for a win.
Records: JJ Aldrich 9-4-0 | Vanessa Demopoulos 5-2-0 Preliminary Card – (W) Flyweight (125lbs) – Approx. Start Time: 10:30 p.m. ET
Expert Pick #3 – Martinez to win @-275
Martinez is up against the “Ninja” from Argentina. At face value, this fight screams a Mana Martinez win. Guido Cannetti is one of the older fighters in the division. While this often translates into experience, it is not the case here for Cannetti, with his recent fights being too far apart to rely on them as a basis for form. On the other hand, Martinez has won four of his last 5 fights and looks like he is in stellar form.
Our pick for this is a Mana Martinez win. He has several factors in his favor for this match, including height, reach and age advantage. These factors should be sufficient to land him a win.
Records: Mana Martinez 8-2-0 | Guido Cannetti 8-6-0 Preliminary Card – Bantamweight (135lbs)– Approx. Start Time: 10:30 p.m. ET
Complete Card & Predictions for the Night
Former GLORY kickboxer Giga Chikadze will do battle with Edson Barboza this weekend at the UFC Apex in his biggest career fight yet. Also, Vegas will host a pair of The Ultimate Fighter 29 finale fights as Byran Battle battles Gilbert Urbina and Brady Hiestand guns for Ricky Turcios. Stay with us for the best predictions, odds, and bets.
- Featherweight (145lbs): Edson Barboza vs. Giga Chikadze – Barboza via KO/TKO
- Middleweight (185lbs): Byran Battle vs. Gilbert Urbina – Battle via Decision
- Bantamweight (135lbs): Ricky Turcios vs. Brady Hiestand– Turcios via Decision
- Welterweight (170lbs): Kevin Lee vs. Daniel Rodriguez – Rodriguez via KO/TKO
- Middleweight (185lbs): Andre Petroski vs. Michael Gilmore – Petroski via Decision
- Middleweight (185lbs): Makhmud Muradov vs. Gerald Meerschaert – Muradov via Decision
- Middleweight (185lbs): Sam Alvey vs. Wellington Turman – Alvey via Decision
- Middleweight (185lbs): Alessio Di Chirico vs. Abdul Razak Alhassan – Chirico via Decision
- Light Heavyweight (205lbs): Dustin Jacoby vs. Darren Stewart – Jacoby via Decision
- (W) Flyweight (125lbs): JJ Aldrich vs. Vanessa Demopoulos – Aldrich via Decision
- Bantamweight (135lbs): Mana Martinez vs. Guido Canneti – Martinez to win Via KO/TKO
- Featherweight (145lbs): Jamall Emmers vs. Pat Sabatini – Emmers via Decision
This weekend, we will see a matchup between two similar archetypes in Barboza and Chikadze. The match is set to be a strike fest between two excellent strikers as Barboza looks to beat Chikadze and climb up the rankings. Also, there will be a pair of The Ultimate Fighter 29 finale bouts this weekend. The rest of the evening promises to be stellar. Stay tuned for more UFC bet predictions, odds, and picks.