The beautiful vegas lights will bear witness this Saturday at the UFC Apex centre in Las Vegas as Jared Canonnier will take on Kelvin Gastelum in this week’s UFC fight night for a chance to get within striking range of the middleweight title.
Also available this weekend is a list of epic battles that has the makings of a fight of the night material when the “Killer Gorilla” aims to hunt Kelvin Gastelum, the carpenter looks to knock down the Olympian from his lofty mountain, and a ferocious battle ensues between the “Cannibal” and the “Raw Dawg”. Continue reading to get the best picks, odds, Predictions for the night.
UFCFight Night: Cannonier vs. Gastelum General Information:
- Date: Saturday, August 21, 2021
- TV-Time: ESPN,10:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: UFC Apex Centre
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fights: 5 Main Fights, 4 Main Card & 6 Prelims
- Main Event: Jared Cannonier vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Expert Pick #1 – Cannonier to win @ -162
Jared Cannonier looks to have found his feet finally at the Middleweight division. He has been on a fantastic 3-1 run since he joined the middleweight recording his only loss against Robert Whittaker. In his arsenal, he has speed, strength, and agility.
On the other hand, Kelvin Gastelum is well known for his speed and ferocity; he is relentless. However, since his loss against the Last Stylebender in April 2019. He’s recorded three defeats, with his only win coming against Ian Heinisch.
Cannonier has a significant reach advantage in this matchup. Despite the considerable age gap, his pace and form makes him a safer bet
Records: Jared Cannonier 13-5-0 | Kelvin Gastellum 17-7-0
Main Card – Middleweight (185lbs) – Approx. Start Time: 10:30 p.m. ET
Expert Pick #2 – Madsen to win @ -182
With 31 professional fights for the UFC, Guida is a true veteran of the game. The carpenter is excellent on his feet and will be looking to impress against the olympian this weekend. The carpenter loves a great grappling match, and the stats show that he is quite experienced. He has won 13 matches by submission and lost 10.
Mark Madsen is not an Olympian in name only; he is an Olympic silver medalist in Greco-Roman wrestling. In the UFC, Masen is yet to be defeated. His flawless 10-0 record shows how well-rounded he is. His records consist of 3 submissions, 3 knockouts, and 4 decisions. This has the makings of a fairly even grappling match. Our expert pick is a Madsen win.
Records: Clay Guida 36-17-0 | Mark Madsen 10-0-0
Main card – Light Weight(155 lbs) – Approx. Start Time: 10:30 p.m. ET
Expert Pick #3 – Pichel to win @ -112
Hubbard will be looking to build on his most recent win this weekend in vegas. He has been on an alternating streak of wins and losses since he joined the UFC. However, he is not the cleanest hitter. Thud has a tenacious fight where he comes at his opponent relentlessly. On the other hand, Vinc Pichel has shown some inconsistency mainly through extended. The man from hell is a grappler from the depths that viciously wrangles his prey. Piche has a solid all-around game. He is a clean striker that is not to be toyed with. We believe that Vinc’s technical ability will is enough to see this one through.
Records: Vince Pichel 13-2-0 | Austin Hubbard 13-5-0
Main Card – Lightweight(155 lbs.) – Approx. Start Time: 10:30 p.m. ET
Complete Card & Predictions for the Night
UFC Vegas 35 promises to be thrilling. The main fight of the night takes place between former heavyweight Jared Cannonier and Kelvin Gastelum. There are several exciting matchups in Vegas this Saturday. Novices should pay attention when veterans Clay Guida and Mark Madsen put their years of experience to the test against each other. Stay tuned and get the best odds, tips, picks, and predictions for the night.
- Middleweight (185lbs): Jared Cannonier vs. Kelvin Gastelum – Cannonier via KO/TKO
- Lightweight (155lbs): Clay Guida vs. Mark Madsen – Madsen via Decision
- Heavyweight (265lbs): Parker Porter vs. Chase Sherman – Porter via Decision
- Flyweight (125 lbs): Alexandre Pantoja vs Bradon Royval – Royval via Decision
- Lightweight (155lbs): Vinc Pichel vs. Austin Hubbard – Pichel via KO/TKO
- Featherweight (145 lbs): Austin Lingo vs. Luis Saldana – Saldana via Decision
- Bantamweight (135 lbs): Brian Kelleher vs. Domingo Pilarte – Keheller via Decision.
- Bantamweight (135 lbs): Bea Malecki vs Josiane Nunes. Josiane via Decision
- Lightweight (155 lbs): Roosevelt Roberts vs. Ignacio Bahamondes – Roberts via Decision
- Welterweight (170lbs): Sasha Palatnikov vs. Ramiz Brahimaj – Brahimaj via Decision
- Light Heavyweight (205lbs): William Knight vs.Fabio Cherant – Knight via Decision
UFC fight night is back! This weekend is packed with a lot of fun as Titans lock horns in Vegas. Cannonier looks to get back on his feet in the UFC and the vets put their best to the test. The rest of the night promises to be spectacular. Stay tuned for more UFC bet predictions, odds, and picks.