After making a huge return to mixed martial arts action last weekend with the first fight night event of the year, the UFC is back with its first high-profile lineup this year in UFC 270. On Saturday, 22 January 2022, the Honda Center at Anaheim, California will play host to a sensational fight card that many fans have been looking forward to for a long time.
Current UFC heavyweight champion of the world, Francis “The Predator” Ngannou will be defending his title for the first time when he takes on former teammate, sparring partner, and interim heavyweight champion Cyril Gane. This colossal main event matchup is followed by another title fight in the co-main which features a trilogy-completing bout between flyweight champion Brandon “The Assassin Baby” and former champion Deiveson “ God of War” Figueiredo. Several other thrilling matchups complete the main and preliminary cards for this event. Stay with us for the best bets, odds, tips, and predictions for the night.
UFC 270: Ngannou vs. Gane General Information:
- Date: Saturday, January 22, 2022
- TV-Time: ESPN+, 10:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Honda Center
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Fights: 5 Fights on the Main Card and 10 fights on the Preliminary Card
- Main Event: Francis Ngannou vs. Cyril Gane
Expert Pick #1 – Gane to win @-155
Francis “The Predator” Ngannou will be defending his heavyweight title for the first time when he takes on his former sparring partner and supremely impressive interim heavyweight champion Cyril Gane. With Ngannou you know what to expect. The devastating knockout power that he possesses coupled with great boxing and pressure has been enough to put countless opponents away.
Cyril “Bon Gamin” Gane is a different kind of heavyweight. He combines amazing speed and movement with great technical ability and cardio. Gane has looked calm and dominant in all his fights in the UFC and is currently undefeated since making his first appearance in 2019. His speed and sleekness in offense and defense would prove too much to handle for a more laboured power puncher such as Ngannou. Cyril Gane is the future of the UFC heavyweight division, and our experts see him starting off his reign with a great victory over his former teammate Francis Ngannou.
Records: Francis Ngannou 16-3-0 | Cyril Gane 10-0-0 Main Card – Heavyweight (265lbs) – Approx. Start Time: 1:00 a.m. ET
Expert Pick #2 – Moreno to win @–175
Brandon “The Assassin Baby” Moreno and Deiveson “Deus da Guerra” Figueiredo face off for the third time in 2 years when they once again clash with the UFC flyweight title on the line. In the first two fights, Brandon Moreno looked impressive, only missing out by a majority decision draw the first time, and submitting Figueiredo the second time out.
Moreno has the better striking, grappling and cardio, and most importantly he has the heart of a champion. While Figueiredo may apply the early pressure and try to put Moreno away with his superior power, we see The Assassin Baby keeping his cool and coming out on top yet again to defend and retain his flyweight title.
Records: Brandon Moreno 19-5-2 | Deiveson Figueiredo 20-2-1 Main Card – Flyweight (125lbs) – Approx. Start Time: 12:00 a.m. ET
Expert Pick #3 – Nurmagomedov to win @–190
Cody Stamman and Said Nurmagomedov face off in a really interesting match at bantamweight. Cody Stamman has endured a mixed last few years in the UFC, losing three of his last five, including his last fight before this one. Said Nurmagomedov returned to winning ways after suffering his first loss in the UFC and he’ll be looking to put together a streak when he takes on Stamman.
Nurmagomedov has the height and reach advantages in this fight. He also has the better grappling and edges Cody Stamman in the striking department as well. We see Nurmagomedov being able to control this fight on the feet and defend the takedowns should Stamman attempt them. And our experts predict a convincing win for the promising Russian on the night.
Records: Cody Stamann 19-4-1 |Said Nurmagomedov 12-1-0 Main Card – Bantamweight (135lbs) – Approx. Start Time: 11:30 p.m. ET
Complete Card & Predictions for the Night
UFC 270: Ngannou vs. Gane presents two very difficult title fights to call, amongst other enthralling bouts in the main and preliminary cards of this event. Here are the Predictions, Odds, Bets, and Tips for this weekend:
- Heavyweight (265lbs): Francis Ngannou vs. Cyril Gane – Gane via Submission
- Flyweight(125lbs): Brandon Moreno vs. Deiveson Figueiredo – Moreno via Decision
- Bantamweight (135lbs): Cody Stamann vs. Said Nurmagomedov – Nurmagomedov via Submission
- Welterweight (170lbs): Michel Perreira vs. Andre Fialho – Perreira via KO/TKO
- Middleweight (185lbs): Rodolfo Vieira vs. Wellington Turman – Vieira via KO/TKO
- Welterweight (170lbs): Michael Morales vs. Trevin Giles – Morales via Decision
- Lightweight (155lbs): Matt Frevola vs. Gennaro Valdez – Valdez via KO/TKO
- Bantamweight (135lbs): Tony Gravely vs. Saimon Oliveira – Gravely via KO/TKO
- (W) Flyweight (125lbs): Jasmine Jasudavicius vs. Kay Hansen – Hansen via Decision
- Bantamweight (135lbs): Raoni Barcelos vs. Victor Henry – Barcelos via Decision
- (W) Strawweight (115lbs): Vanessa Demopoulos vs. Silvana Gómez Juárez – Juárez via KO/TKO
- Featherweight (145lbs): Ilia Topuria vs. Charles Jourdain – Touparia via Decision
- Welterweight (170lbs): Jack Della Maddalena vs. Pete Rodriguez – Maddalena via KO/TKO