UFC Fight Night action continues this weekend, with Vegas 40 billed to take place at the Apex Facility on the 16th, October. In one of the least anticipated main events of 2021, Aspen Ladd takes on Brazil’s Norma Dumont in a Women’s Featherweight clash. A win for either fighter would move them a step closer to challenging The Lioness, Amanda Nunes for the featherweight title.
UFC and MMA veteran, former UFC Heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski squares up against Carlos Felipe in the co-main event. One fight on the card that has fans very excited is the women’s flyweight bout between talented French striker Manin Fiorot and Brazilian submission artist Mayra Silva. On the overall, some solid action is to be expected in the octagon this weekend. Stay with us for the best bets, odds, tips, and predictions for the night.
UFC Fight Night: Ladd vs. Dumont General Information:
- Date: Saturday, October 16, 2021
- TV-Time: ESPN+, 4:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: UFC Apex
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fights: 5 Fights on the Main Card and 6 fights on the Preliminary Card
- Main Event: Aspen Ladd vs. Norma Dumont
Expert Pick #1 – Dumont to win @+225
Aspen Ladd and Norma Dumont at featherweight is a move up in weight class for both fighters, but this should not affect their fighting styles and approach by any means. Ladd has the edge in grappling as opposed to the advantage Dumont possesses on the feet.
Norma Dumont has never been taken down in the UFC, although many could argue that Aspen Ladd is a class above the wrestlers that she has gone up against in the past. The strategy for Dumont would be to defend the takedowns and pick Ladd apart on the feet, at range where she has the advantage. And we see this working out perfectly for the Brazilian, as she comes out on top in the end.
Records: Aspen Ladd 11-1-0 | Norma Dumont 14-1-2 Main Card – Women’s Featherweight (145lbs) – Approx. Start Time: 7:00 p.m. ET
Expert Pick #2 – Fiorot to win @–145
Knockout artist meets submission artist when Manon Fiorot takes on Mayra Silva at 125 pounds. It would seem that the only practical approach to victory for Mayra Silva would be to wrestle Fiorot and look for a submission or hold out for a decision win,
Manon Fiorot’s current 100% takedown defence record indicates that taking her down would be no mean feat. Add that to the fact that she’s also by far the better striker. We see this fight going only one way – Manon Fiorot extending her winning streak to ten in a row.
Records: Manon Fiorot 7-1-0 | Mayra Silva 7-1-1 Main Card – Women’s Flyweight (125lbs) – Approx. Start Time: 6:00 p.m. ET
Expert Pick #3 – Marquez to win @–147
For a fighter nicknamed “The Cuban Missile Crisis,” it’s a bit of a surprise that Julian Marquez is more of a submission artist than a knockout artist. All his wins in the UFC have been finishes (3 submissions). His opponent Jordan Wright boasts a similarly impressive finishing record – all of his wins in the UFC have been by KO/TKO. By all indications, Julian Marquez vs. Jordan Wright is a fight that should NOT be going the distance.
Wright clearly has the striking edge, his 5-inch reach advantage playing a massive role in that department. Julian Marquez’s game plan would be to pressure Jordan Wright immensely and weather the early first-round storm. Then he can implement his superior jiu-jitsu and make Wright feel like a fish out of water when he takes him to the ground. This strategy should be enough to see him secure the win on the night by a finish or through the judges’ decision.
Records: Julian Marquez 9-2-0 |Jordan Wright 12-1-0 Main Card – Middleweight (185lbs) – Approx. Start Time: 5:30 p.m. ET
Complete Card & Predictions for the Night
UFC Fight Night: Ladd vs Dumont presents preliminary and main cards that pit very evenly matched fighters against one another. We don’t see the sparks flying off for this one, but some action is to be expected nonetheless. Here are the Predictions, Odds, Bets and Tips for this weekend:
- Women’s Featherweight (145lbs): Aspen Ladd vs. Norma Dumont – Dumont via Decision
- Heavyweight (265lbs): Andrei Arlovski vs. Carlos Felipe – Arlovski via Decision
- Lightweight (155lbs): Jim Miller vs. Erik Gonzalez – Miller via Decision
- Women’s Flyweight (125lbs): Manon Fiorot vs. Mayra Silva – Fiorot via KO/TKO
- Middleweight (185lbs): Julian Marquez vs. Jordan Wright – Marquez via KO/TKO
- Middleweight (185lbs): Andrew Sanchez vs. Bruno Silva – Silva via Decision
- Welterweight (170lbs): Danny Roberts vs. Ramazan Emeev – Emeev via KO/TKO
- Women’s Flyweight (125lbs): Lupita Godinez vs. Luana Carolina – Godinez via Decision
- Featherweight (145lbs): L’udovit Klein vs. Nate Landwehr – Klein via KO/TKO
- Bantamweight (135lbs): Brandon Davis vs. Danaa Batgerel – Batgerel via Decision
- Women’s Strawweight (115lbs): Arienne Carnelossi vs. Istela Nunes – Carnelossi via Decision
UFC Fight Night 195 does not have the strongest lineups on the cards, but it is not an event that should be ignored. Several knockout and submission artists are billed to take centre stage in the octagon, and you certainly don’t want to miss out on the action. Tune in again next time for the best bets, odds, tips, and predictions