After two breathtaking back to back weekends of MMA PPV action, the UFC returns again this Saturday November 13, to the Apex Facility in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, with Fight Night 197: Holloway vs. Rodriguez. The main event featherweight clash between number 2 ranked contender Max Holloway and number 8 rank Yair Rodriguez is the only obvious standout matchup on the card, but there’s a lot of action to be expected nonetheless. Stay with us for the best bets, odds, tips,and predictions for the night.
UFC Fight Night 197: Holloway vs. Rodriguez General Information:
- Date:Saturday, November 13, 2021
- TV-Time: ESPN+, 4:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: UFC Apex Facility
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fights: 6 Fights on the Main Card and 5 fights on the Preliminary Card
- Main Event: Max Holloway vs. Yair Rodriguez
Expert Pick #1 – Holloway to win @-113
Former UFC Featherweight champion Max “Blessed” Holloway is on the hunt to recapture his featherweight belt from reigning champion Alexander Volkanovski and his way stands Yair Rodriguez. He will be looking to put together a streak and aim to mount another title charge. His superior boxing, cardio, takedown defence, relentless pressure and champion’s mentality would be enough to see him deliver a convincing win against Yair Rodriguez and setup a trilogy against his nemesis Alexander Volkanovski.
Records: Max Holloway 22-6-0| Yair Rodriguez 13-2-0 Main Card –Featherweight (145lbs) – Approx. Start Time: 6:00 p.m. ET
Expert Pick #2 – Spencer to win @–129
Felicia Spencer goes into this bout against Leah Letson looking to snap a 3-fight losing streak. To be fair to Spencer, her loses have come against some of the best in the division. And her opponent on the night, Leah Letson is nowhere near that category as of now. With her superior wrestling and striking, Felicia Spencer secures the win and goes back to winning ways.
Records: Felicia Spencer 8-3-0 | Leah Letson 5-1-0 Main Card – (W)Featherweight (145lbs) – Approx. Start Time: 5:00 p.m. ET
Expert Pick #3 – Song to win @–174
Despite being almost 10 years younger than his opponent, Yadong Song possesses arguably more experience than Julio Arce. The Chinese fighter faces a tough test in this one against a bigger and stronger Julio Arce who only recently made the drop to Bantamweight. Song clearly has the striking and speed advantage but Julio’s power cannot be underestimated. In what will be a really close standup fight, our expert’s prediction sees Song edging it slightly and coming out with the win.
Records: Yadong Song 17-5-1 |Julio Arce 17-4-0 Main Card – Bamtamweight (135lbs) – Approx. Start Time: 4:00 p.m. ET
Complete Card & Predictions for the Night
UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. Rodriguez presents a pretty decent fight card, perhaps giving the fans a moment to cool down after two consecutive blockbuster PPV events. There are a number of interesting fights to look out for however, in addition to a belter of a main event. Here are the Predictions, Odds, Bets and Tips for this weekend:
- Featherweight (145lbs): Max Holloway vs. Yair Rodriguez – Holloway via KO/TKO
- Heavyweight (265lbs): Ben Rothwell vs. Marcos Rogério de Lima– Rothwell via Decision
- (W)Featherweight (155lbs): Felicia Spencer vs. Leah Letson– Spencer via KO/TKO
- Welterweight 170lbs): Miguel Baeza vs. Khaos Williams – Williams via Decision
- Bantamweight (135lbs): Yadong Song vs. Julio Arce– Song via Decision
- Lightweight (155lbs): Thiago Moises vs. Joel Alvarez – Moises via KO/TKO
- (W) Flyweight 125lbs): Cynthia Calvillo vs. Andrea Lee – Calvillo via Decision
- Featherweight (145lbs): Sean Woodson vs. Colin Anglin – Woodson via Decision
- (W)Flyweight (125lbs):Cortney Casey vs. Liana Jojua – Jojua via Decision
- Welterweight(170lbs): Marc Diakese vs. Rafael Alves – Diakese via KO/TKO
- Heavyweight (265lbs): Kennedy Nzechukwu vs. Da Un Jung – Nzechukwu via Decision