UFC Fight Night action once again returns to the Apex facility, Las Vegas, Nevada, on Saturday, the 4th of December 2021, after a break from UFC events was observed last weekend. Former two-time undisputed UFC featherweight champion and future UFC Hall of Famer José Aldo, currently the number 5 ranked bantamweight in the UFC, looks to be gunning for perhaps one final attempt at becoming a two-division champion.
In his way stands fast rising star, and number 3 ranked bantamweight in the world, Rob Font. This captivating clash serves as the main event of the fight card this weekend. The co-main event is a matchup between top 15 lightweights Rafael “Ataman” Fiziev and the “Quake” Brad Riddell, as both fighters try to break into the top ten with a victory. Stay with us for the best bets, odds, tips,and predictions for all bouts on the fight card for the night.
UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Aldo General Information:
- Date:Saturday, December 4, 2021
- TV-Time: ESPN+, 7:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: UFC Apex Facility
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fights: 6 Fights on the Main Card and 9 fights on the Preliminary Card
- Main Event: Rob Font vs. José Aldo
Expert Pick #1 – Font to win @-160
In what is expected to be an explosive battle especially in the opening three rounds, José Aldo takes on Rob Font as both fighters aim to move a step closer to challenging for the Bantamweight title. José “Junior” Aldo is known for his blinding quick approaches to fights, putting immense pressure on his opponents and forcing their backs to the cage.
However, his striking speed is not quite what it once was, and he never really possessed the best cardio at any point in his career.It would be no surprise to see Rob Font factor these holes in Aldo’s game into his approach to the fight.
Font’s calmness and technique, coupled with the height and reach advantage he has over his opponent should see him control proceedings on the feet after weathering the early storm. Font also has a strong enough gas tank to keep this up for the entire five rounds, which is why our experts predict a well deserved win for the American on the night.
Records: Rob Font 11-2-0| José Aldo 19-7-0 Main Card –Bantamweight (135lbs) – Approx. Start Time: 12:30 a.m. ET
Expert Pick #2 – Crute to win @-152
Jimmy Crute has a chance to bounce back to winning ways when he faces Jamahal “Sweet Dreams” Hill who also comes into the fight on the back of the first defeat in his professional MMA career.Crute’s grappling and knockout power will meet Hill’s methodical striking and relentless pressure. W
hile Jamahal Hill could have a slight advantage on the feet, Jimmy Crute’s wrestling would be the ultimate deciding factor in this fight. Crute closing the distance early and mixing in power shots with takedowns is his most likely path to victory. Our experts see him executing this gameplan excellently as he goes back into the win column with a victory on the night.
Records: Jimmy Crute 12-2-0 | Jamahal Hill 8-1-0 Main Card – Light Heavyweight (205lbs) – Approx. Start Time: 11:00 p.m. ET
Expert Pick #3 – Allen to win @–124
MMA veteran Chris Curtis squares off against a young up and coming Brendan Allen at 170lbs. Chris “The Action Man” Curtis comes into this bout less than four weeks after scoring an impressive KO victory over Phil Hawes at UFC 268, extending his current win-streak to five.
He will be facing a completely different type of fighter in Brendan Allen, who is arguably a better striker and grappler than Hawes. Allen has the edge over Curtis in height and reach, and he would look to use this advantage to pick Curtis apart, mixing in devastating leg kicks with punishing counter strikes as he secures a dominant win.
Records: Brendan Allen 17-4-0 |Chris Curtis 27-8-0 Main Card – Middleweight (185lbs) – Approx. Start Time: 10:30 p.m. ET
Complete Card & Predictions for the Night
UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Aldo pits two of the best bantamweights in the world against each other in an eagerly anticipated main event clash. Fourteen other high level bouts are featured on the card. Here are the complete Predictions, Odds, Bets and Tips for all the fights this weekend:
- Bantamweight (135lbs): Rob Font vs. José Aldo – Font via Decision
- Lightweight (155lbs): Rafael Fiziev vs. Brad Riddell– Fiziev via Decision
- Lightweight (155lbs): Clay Guida vs. Leonardo Santos– Santos via Decision
- Light Heavyweight (125lbs): Jimmy Crute vs. Jamahal Hill – Crute via Submission
- Middleweight (135lbs): Brendan Allen vs. Chris Curtis – Allen via KO/TKO
- Welterweight (170lbs): Bryan Barberena vs. Darian Weeks – Barberena via KO/TKO
- Middleweight (185lbs): Maki Pitolo vs. Duško Todorovič – Todorovič via Decision
- Welterweight (170lbs): Jake Mathews vs. Jeremiah Wells – Wells via KO/TKO
- Flyweight (125lbs): Zhalgas Zhumagulov vs. Mabele Kape – Kape via Decision
- (W) Strawweight (115lbs): Mallory Martin vs. Cheyanne Vismas – Vismas via Decision
- Light Heavyweight (205lbs): Alonzo Menifield vs. William Knight – Menifield via Decision
- Lightweight (155lbs): Claudio Puelles vs. Chris Gruetzemacher – Puelles via Decision
- Heavyweight (265lbs): Azamat Murzakanov vs. Jared Vandera – Murzakanov via KO/TKO
- Welterweight (170lbs): Alex Morono vs. Mickey Gall – Morono via Decision
- Bantamweight (135lbs): Louis Smolka vs. Vince Morales – Smolka via KO/TKO
UFC and MMA legend José Aldo can be said to have seen it all and done it all in the world of mixed martial arts. Five years after becoming the undisputed featherweight champion, the Brazilian now has his sights set on making one final push for the bantamweight title.
His opponent on the night is American, Rob Font, a talented fighter who seems to just be entering his peak as a mixed martial artist. This fight has the makings of a classic, and you certainly don’t want to miss it. Tune in again next time for the best bets, odds, tips,and predictions