A second weekend of UFC fight night action is set to take place at the UFC Apex facility on Saturday the 23rd. Headlining a decent fight card in this event, Brazilian hard hitters Amanda Lemos and Jessica Andrade face off at strawweight. The co-main event pits UFC veteran Clay “The Carpenter” Guida against fellow lightweight Claudio Puelles in a three-round bout. Elsewhere, exciting flyweights Mudaerji Su and Manel Kape will be looking to climb higher the 125lbs top tens when they square off. A total of thirteen fights are lined up on the main and preliminary cards for this weekend. Stay with us for the best bets, odds, tips,and predictions for the night.
UFC Fight Night: Lemos vs. Andrade General Information:
- Date: Saturday, April 23, 2022
- TV-Time: ESPN+, 5:30 p.m. ET
- Venue: UFC Apex Facility
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fights: 6 Fights on the Main Card and 7 fights on the Preliminary Card
- Main Event: Amanda Lemos vs. Jessica Andrade
Expert Pick #1 – Andrade to win @-188
Former UFC Women’s Strawweight champion and two-time challenger Jessica Andrade takes to the octagon for the first time in almost half a year to take on fast-rising Brazilian Amanda Lemos in a main event bout. Andrade comes into this matchup on the back of three defeats in her last five while Lemos currently has a five-fight win streak. But it is worth considering that all of Andrade’s losses in that period have been against former or current champions.
Amanda Lemos is a dangerous striker with a lot of knockout power in the women’s strawweight division, which is why her height and reach advantages over Andrade might pose a problem for the former champion. However, Lemos has been known to drop off the intensity and power after the first round. And Andrade, by far the more experienced fighter, can certainly tough it out for the first round or two against an early onslaught. Andrade also has the better grappling of both fighters, and knockout power of her own. After surviving the barrage of strikes in the first round we expect Jessica Andrade to come back and control proceedings from then on. And our experts predict a win for Andrade on the night as she tries once again to mount another charge for the 115lbs title.
Records: Amanda Lemos 11-1-1 | Jessica Andrade 22-9-0 Main Card – (W)Strawweight (115lbs) – Approx. Start Time: 2:00 a.m. ET
Expert Pick #2 – Kape to win @-163
Mudaerji “The Tibetan Eagle” Su versus Manel Kape is another possibly exciting matchup on the card this weekend as both flyweights are very accomplished strikers who like to stand and engage. Su has the height advantage in this fight and that could help him control the fight to an extent as he looks to extend his winning run to four.
Kape, who will be looking for his third consecutive win, comes into this bout the faster, more technical and powerful striker, and we expect that to show forth in the fight. We expect the Portuguese fighter to put on a clinic against Su as he secures his own third consecutive win while putting an end to his opponent’s. Our experts predict a win for Manel Kape.
Records: Mudaerji Su 15-4-0 | Manel Kape 17-6-0 Main Card – Flyweight (125lbs) – Approx. Start Time: 12:30 a.m. ET
Expert Pick #3 – Jourdain to win @-150
Two exceptional strikers with similar professional fight records clash at featherweight in a potential fight of the night contender matchup. Charles Jourdain and Lando Vannata are expected to deliver a Muay Thai versus kickboxing clash that could very well turn into a slug fest.
The lack of a reach or height advantage for either fighter makes this fight that more evenly matched, but the pressure that Charles Jourdain fights with could be the decider here. Jourdain also attacks the body better, approaches fights smarter, possesses superior power, and has better cardio than Vannata. Which is why at the end of a grueling fight our experts see Charles Jourdain coming out on top.
Records: Charles Jourdain 12-4-1 |Lando Vannata 12-5-2 Main Card – Featherweight (145lbs) – Approx. Start Time: 12:00 a.m. ET
Complete Card & Predictions for the Night
UFC Fight Night: Lemos vs. Andrade presents another good fight night event with a few thrilling fights lined up. A solid main event and other potential slugfests are featured on the cards. Here are the Predictions, Odds, Bets and Tips for this weekend:
- (W) Strawweight (115lbs): Amanda Lemos vs. Jessica Andrade – Andrade via KO/TKO
- Lightweight (155lbs): Clay Guida vs. Claudio Puelles – Guida via Decision
- Heavyweight (265lbs): Alexandr Romanov vs. Chase Sherman – Romanov via KO/TKO
- (W) Flyweight (125lbs): Maycee Barber vs. Montana De La Rosa – Barber via Decision
- Flyweight (125lbs): Mudaerji Su vs. Manel Kape – Kape via Decision
- Welterweight (170lbs): Charles Jourdain vs. Lando Vannata – Jourdain via KO/TKO
- Middleweight (185lbs): Jordan Wright vs. Marc-Andre Barriault – Wright via Decision
- Welterweight (170lbs): Dwight Grant vs. Sergey Khandozhko – Khandozhko via Decision
- Light Heavyweight (205lbs): Tyson Pedro vs. Ike Villanueva – Pedro via Decision
- Bantamweight (135lbs): Aoriqileng vs. Cameron Elise – Aoriqileng via Decision
- Light Heavyweight (205lbs): Marcin Prachnio vs. Philipe Lins – Prachnio via Decision
- Lightweight (155lbs): Dean Barry vs. Mike Leavitt – Barry via KO/TKO