Double Chance Bet Explained in 2020
If you want to increase the likelihood of your wager, going with a double chance bet is much safer than single betting. Betting on double chance reduces the number of wager results and improves the probability of bets.
Double chance means that instead of only backing one of the three potential results, you back two. This makes a bet more likely to come to fruition as two outcomes of a three-way bet are already covered.
- What is a double chance bet?
- Types of double chance bets
- Placing a double chance bet: Step-by-Step
- Usual sports for placing a double result bet
- Example of betting on double chance
- Betting on a double result for beginners: How to bet
- Double chance bets for professionals: How to bet
- Betting on double chance: Try it now at one of the top 5 betting sites
What is a double chance bet?
A dual probability bet is when you wager on a 3-way market and you back two of the three possible outcome options. You do this by betting on one and not two markets. That's why this wagering proposition is called double chance (DC).
Let's take a look at two NHL wagers to explain this:
|Final Result||Bet type||Odds||Bet Success|
|Chicago Blackhawks 4:4 San Jose Sharks||Match Winner Betting: Chicago Blackhawks to win (1)||-116||Unsuccessful|
|DC: Blackhawks to win or draw (1X)||-357||Successful|
The NHL match between the Blackhawks and the Sharks ended in a draw. This means that those who backed either side to win in the match-winner market lost. Match or moneyline bets, also known as 1X2 wagers, cover only one result of the potential three.
On the other hand, if you wagered on the DC market, as in the example above, you would have won. There are three possible DC bets for a game such as the one above. These include:
- Home team to win and Draw (1X);
- Draw or Away team to win (X2);
- Home team to win or Away team to win (12).
DC bets increase the likelihood of a winning bet dramatically. However, they do this at a cost. The price that you pay for that increased winning probability is the lower odds you get.
If you back the Blackhawks to win, you get decent odds of -116. In contrast, if you opt for the dual chance bet of 1X, you get much lower odds of -357.
Types of double chance bets
As we saw above, you can place a double chance bet on full-time results. You can do the same thing with half-time soccer outcomes, first-period hockey results, and other interval outcomes.
If you wager on DC full-time, you bet on the final result only. It is important to note here that dual chance bets are only placed on regular time results unless the sportsbook specifies otherwise. This means that overtime and extra time outcomes are not taken into consideration.
DC half-time/1st period
Bettors can also place DC wagers on other results and not just the full-time one. This means that betting on double chance half-time results is an option for soccer bettors.
Similarly, betting on double result 1st-period outcomes is available to hockey betting enthusiasts.
Bettors can even place DC bets on 1st/2nd/3rd/4th quarter basketball results at bookmakers that offer these.
Placing a double chance bet: Step-by-Step
Placing a double chance bet is very easy and pretty straightforward. It is one of the main betting markets offered by bookmakers and as such is always in a prominent place. Follow our simple step-by-step guide to make this process even easier:
- Choose a reputable betting provider and open a betting account if you don't have one already. The top 5 betting sites listed below are a great choice in this regard.
- Deposit some money on your betting account. Go to the Cashier option or some similar icon to do this.
- Choose the sports that you want to place a DC wager on.
- Once you open a sports menu, select the leagues and competitions that you are interested in.
- Choose the games that you want to wager on.
- Select the double chance optionsthat you feel will be successful.
- Place your stake and submit your bet.
Usual sports for placing a double result bet
Double chance bets are usually reserved for soccer betting. However, bettors can also place dual probability bets on other sports such as American football, basketball, and hockey when extra time is excluded.
Let's explain this with several examples from some of these sports. Here's a soccer match from the MLS:
|Home Team||Away Team||1X||12||X2|
|DC United||Inter Miami||-278||-357||-164|
Double chance is one of the most popular betting markets in soccer. It has the same status as other well-known propositions such as the match-winner market, Over/Under totals, and betting lines. As such, it is very easy for bettors to find it. All soccer bookmakers offer DC betting without exception.
Betting on double chance is also available on sports such as hockey. Here's an example:
|Home Team||Away Team||1X||12||X2|
|Vancouver Canucks||New York Islanders||-263||-400||-152|
As you can see, the odds for the home or away win (12) are the lowest because the game is likely to produce a winner in regular time. However, if you feel that the draw is a likely result, you can bet 1X and X2 on hockey matches too.
Example of betting on double chance
Bettors place dual probability bets so that they can maximize chances of having a successful bet. However, betting on double result wagers is not always successful. Let's look at a winning and losing example of a DC wager.
Winning example of a double chance bet
Here’s how a successful DC bet looks like:
|Home Team||Away Team||Your bet||Final Result||Bet Success|
|New York Red Bull||Los Angeles FC||1X||3:3||Successful|
Any New York Red Bull victory would have resulted in a winning bet and the same is true for any draw outcome. The only losing result here is a Los Angeles victory.
Losing example of a double chance bet
Let's look at an unfavorable DC scenario:
|Home Team||Away Team||Your bet||Final Result||Bet Success|
|Seattle Sounders FC||Orlando City SC||X2||2:1||Unsuccessful|
With double chance wagers, you cover two potential results, but the third one is always a possibility. The above MLS game is a clear example of this.
Betting on a double result for beginners: How to bet
Betting on dual possibility wagers comes with lots of perks especially if you are a betting beginner. Here are some tips to make that first wagering endeavor even better:
- Tip 1: Pick teams which are slight favorites to win a match and back them to win or draw. Don't go with heavy betting favorites as they will come with minuscule odds in the dual possibility market.
- Tip 2: The best way to find a slight favorite which is a good value DC bet is to listen to professional betting advice. All tips and predictions on Billy's list are great value wagers and the best thing about them is that they are free when you sign up.
- Tip 3: It's not just strong teams that you can back with a wager which covers two possible results. These types of bets are ideal if you have a sneaky feeling that an underdog will spring a surprise too. In a situation like this, you can back that unlikely winner to triumph or draw thus making that risky bet less dicey.
- Tip 4: Only bet on sports in which double chance bets make sense. Sports such as soccer and hockey fit this description. If you are betting on regular time results in basketball and American football matches, it's much better to stick to point spread betting lines to get the best value for money.
- Tip 5: DC wagers come with low odds most of the time. This means that you need to back them with larger stakes to get decent winnings.
Double chance bets for professionals: How to bet
Any betting strategy that is compatible with wagers that are likely to happen will work wonders when betting on double result outcomes. This is because DC wagers are pretty safe and usually come to fruition. If you cover two results out of three, you are already pretty close to having a winning wager.
The fact that these bets come with such a high probability to be successful means that you must back them with large stakes. After all, there's no point having a winning bet with low odds if you only bet $1 on it.
The best strategy to use with double chance bets is any strategy that allows you to place large stakes. For example, you can wager with a fixed betting approach quite successfully if the percentage you bet represents a large portion of your bankroll. All of your bets here can be on games with low DC odds and you can back them with 10% of a $1000 betting budget for instance.
Single double chance wagers will be the easiest one to get right in this regard. Bettors who like to play it safe can choose a team they feel will win, can safeguard this wager with a DC bet, and can then put a massive stake on it. This will return decent winnings and will be as safe as putting money in the bank.
Betting on double chance: Try it now at one of the top 5 betting sites
If you want a safe bet that is likely to come, start betting on double chance. To maximize your winnings from these bets, though, you must bet at only the right wagering sites. The best way to do this is to bet at the top 5 betting sites listed here.
A double chance bet is when you wager on a 3-way betting market by covering two of the three potential results.
It certainly is. These wagers come with high probabilities of being successful and if you back them with a large stake can be very profitable too.
It’s a type of football bet with which you cover two of the three possible results in regular time. Extra time football results are not taken into consideration.
This type of bet allows you to pick two results in 3-way betting. For example, if you are wagering on a soccer match, there are 3 possible results: home team to win, away team to win, and draw. With dual probability wagers, you cover two instead of just one result.
There are two types of DC betting markets. The first ones allow you to bet on results at full-time (or regular time in sports with extra time). The second ones let you place dual probability wagers on half-time, 1st period, and other interval results.