Fixed Matches Explained In 2021
Many bettors wager on fixed matches, however, do you know what it means? Before we get deeper into this topic, we need to state out that this article is not related to any illegal actions. The term “fixed match” in this guide is not associated with games played to a pre-determined result, which is against the game rules and the law as well. We are going to focus just on this term as a betting type, so let’s start.
What are Fixed matches?
Fixed matched betting is also known as fixed-odds betting, and it is one of the most traditional approaches in sports wagering. Thanks to fixed matches bets, punters can secure a given price when placing a wager. You have decided to accept the price offered at a particular match at one point in time. Regardless of the possible changes in the market afterward, you have stuck a deal. In other words, fixed matches bets represent a contract between the bettor and the bookmaker.
Fixed odds are the closest to the real odds of a given game. Of course, there is a risk factor that is calculated into the bet. It means that wagering on the favorite is less risky than backing an underdog. Also, if you try with a long shot, a potential award is significantly more prominent than the one when placing a bet with the same stake on a favorite. In other words, when placing fixed matches wager on the favorite, you win less by risking more. And vice versa, when backing an underdog, you win more by risking less.
This betting type is mostly related to predicting a winner of the game or contest. It differs from points spread, tote, or pool betting. The logic behind points spread is about neutralizing the odds since the favorite needs to beat the spread. When you place a fixed-match bet, you always know how much money you can win, which is not the case for the pool betting. In that case, potential gains are calculated when the game starts, and all bets are on.
Placing a Fixed match bet: Step-by-Step
If you have ever placed a bet before, we are sure that you will know how to wager on fixed matches. However, just in case, we are going to lead you through all the steps. Follow them carefully, and you won’t have any trouble with placing your fixed matches bets.
- Select a sportsbook: There are so many sportsbooks in the betting market, and sometimes it is hard to select one. But, don’t worry, you can check the best sports betting sites and choose your preferred one.
- Register an online account: After you have decided where to place your fixed-match bet, it’s time to create an online account. Sign up by following detailed instructions on the operator’s site, and you are set for advancing to the next step.
- Make your first deposit: After you have set up your account, you need to load some money into it. You can make transactions by using secure providers, and you don’t need to worry about the safety of your money or sensitive data.
- Select your fixed-match bet: We are getting closer to the essential point of this process. Easily navigate to the desired match and click on the odds. Your betting slip will be automatically populated.
- Place a wager: Enter the stake and hit the Place Bet button. You’ve made it! Now, enjoy the game and money you win.
Usual sports for placing a Fixed match bet
Since a fixed match bet is associated with the outcome of a match, it is suitable for different sports. Probably, it is most famous for soccer, hockey, or horse racing. It applies to any game where a team or player can win. If we take soccer as an example, an excellent way to place a fixed-match bet is by wagering on a 3-way moneyline. You can bet on the home team to win, the away team to win, or a draw.
The same principle can be applied to hockey, as you also have three possibilities of an outcome. If you prefer horse racing or tennis, a fixed bet can be associated with a 2-way moneyline. You can also find fixed matches betting suitable for other markets such as goalscorer markets. You can wager on the first goalscorer or anytime goalscorer, as these markets can provide you with a fixed set of odds. You can also place a wager on the winner of the tournament and get fixed odds from the bookmaker. Of course, those odds can change over time, but that change won’t affect your bet at all.
Examples for Fixed matches
To illustrate a bit more what fixed matches betting means, we will use simple examples of the winning and losing bet. You would be able to see how this betting type works in practice and incorporate it into your wagering experience.
Winning example of Fixed match bet
As a winning example, let’s take a soccer match, or to be more precise, the Premier League clash between Manchester United and Liverpool.
|Manchester United to win||+200|
|Liverpool to win||+230|
Although Liverpool is cruising to their first title after 30 years, you are 100% sure they won’t resist at Old Trafford. According to the given odds, if you bet $100, you can count on $200 profits if the Red Devils celebrate. Indeed, Bruno Fernandes led the home side to a 2:1 victory, and your fixed-match bet is a winner. Let’s assume that due to several injured players in Liverpool squad, the odds moved from +200 to +170 in Manchester United’s favor. This change won’t affect your returns since, at the time you placed a wager, the given price was at +200.
Losing example of Fixed match bet
You are at Kentucky Derby and have the feeling that a horse priced at +1000 can pull a surprise. You decide to put $10 on it to win. However, your prediction turned out to be wrong, and the horse finished as 5th. Your bet is a losing one, and you won’t win any money.
Fixed matches for beginners: How to bet
If you haven’t dealt with this betting type so far, maybe it is time to consider introducing it to your gambling strategy. Check out the tips below, so you can easily apply fixed matches bets to your betting philosophy.
- Fixed matches bets bring you guaranteed payouts: Once you make a fixed bet, you are guaranteed to be paid out on that exact price. Market behavior does not have any impact on your wager from that point, so you can always know what your potential returns would be if your bet wins.
- Consult with professional tipsters: There are so many games daily, and sometimes it’s challenging to choose just a few of that bucket. However, you can get professional help by signing up to Billy’s List and get access to free tips
- Explore the market: Since there are many sportsbooks on the betting market, one of the ways for attracting bettors is by offering competitive odds. You should compare different bookmakers and find a generous price.
- Collect information: Odds movements are related to various data, whether they are related to the squad or player itself, or to specific conditions in which the game takes place. It can help you if your tips bring you excellent value or not.
- Take care of your bankroll: It is vital to stay disciplined, no matter what your gambling strategy is. It is probably the crucial tip for sports wagering. With fixed matches betting, you can immediately see your potential payout and, therefore, quickly adapt the bankroll strategy according to the outcome of your bet.
Fixed matches for professionals: How to bet
Professional bettors prefer to wager on fixed matches so they can quickly calculate their potential returns if they win a bet. They also applied some tips and strategies to get the most out of their fixed matches wagers and increase their profits. Those tips and strategies may depend on the sport selected, but in the basics, they can be considered as general ones.
It’s worth checking the odds as soon as the market opens. It can happen that the bookmaker missed anticipating something, and therefore gives you good value odds. You can take advantage of the bookie’s oversight and boost your potential returns a bit.
Always look for the promotions. One of the most popular ones is Best Odds Guaranteed, which is mostly related to horse racing. When you get the best odds guaranteed, you can count on the payout based on the higher value of fixed-odds or starting odds. It doesn’t matter if the odds change on the betting market; you will always get the highest ones for your wager.
Another right moment for checking the market movements is before the match starts. Some teams or players can attract a lot of bets, which can cause the prices to go down. Based on the same principle, odds can get increased in case a team or player hasn’t attracted too many wagers. If you follow these changes, it can quickly happen that you find a generous price. It also may happen that the odds got shorten after just a couple of minutes, so you should react swiftly and place your bet.
Fixed matches: Try them now at one of the top 5 betting sites
You have everything about fixed matches at your fingertips now. You are ready to implement tips and tricks from this article in real-life gambling. Make a quick comparison of the best available sportsbooks and sign up for an online account. Find your good-value bet, put some money on it, and win profits!
Fixed matches betting is a wagering type which gives you the chance to bet on a fixed price. Your potential returns are calculated based on the given odds at the time of placing a wager. Market changes cannot affect your payout in any case.
Yes, it is. It is important not to mix this term to “match fixing,” which is related to unethical and usually illegal acts as well. Match fixing is a violation of game rules to the pre-determined result of a match, while fixed matches mean that you get a fixed price for your bet at a particular moment.
From the financial perspective, your potential payouts are way higher when backing underdog on the moneyline. Upsets do happen in sport quite often. However, you need to select tips wisely. Get as much information as possible, and you can find a great value bet.
The best about a fixed match bet is that after you place a wager, the odds that concern you won’t change. You can quickly calculate your potential payout, determine your stake, and analyze if it is worth backing the pick you have selected.
Fixed matches betting is simply about the winner of the match. On the other hand, when you are betting on the spread, you need to take account of the difference in points or goals for the winning team. It is more straightforward to wager on fixed matches, and more suitable for newbies as well.