Scorecast Bet Explained in 2021
Are you looking for something exciting and fun to enhance your sports gambling experience? Have you heard of scorecast bet? If you haven't, stay with us and learn everything about this betting type. If you prefer betting on soccer or hockey, this kind of wager might be the right one for you. Our team of expert bettors reveals everything you need to know for being more successful with these bets. Let's take a ride!
What is a Scorecast bet?
A scorecast bet is a great way to add value to your picks. Thanks to this betting type, you can combine two bets into one. Scorecast bet covers the first goalscorer and the correct score of the single game. Clearly, you couldn't combine these wagers as the separate ones on the same bet slip. The only way to merge these two wagers into one is to "cast" the bet. That is where a scorecast bet steps in. You can get brand new odds that are different from the correct score odds or the first goalscorer odds.
It is quite straightforward to figure out scorecast rules. This kind of wager is similar to parlays, meaning that both portions of your prediction must be correct. To get a payout, you need to predict the first goalscorer and the exact score of the match correctly. Scorecast bet is the most popular cast wager, and you can expect to get pretty attractive odds. Returns can be much more generous than just predicting the winner of the match, or by making two separate bets related to the first goalscorer and the correct score. This betting type is prevalent for soccer matches, and it brings a whole new perspective to the game. These wagers can be very fun, but also can bring you more significant profits since you may land longer odds. With the stake from just a couple of dollars, you can get decent payouts. Of course, the chances of winning this kind of bet are lower in comparison to the traditional moneylines, hence the longer odds.
Placing a Scorecast bet: Step-by-Step
Although placing a scorecast bet might seem complicated, especially if you are new in sports gambling, it has never been easier. We are going to walk you through all steps so that you can make your first scorecast bet successfully.
- Choose an online sportsbook: Before diving into the offer, you need to select the sportsbook you want to place a bet at. The market offers a lot of bookies, and you should always check reviews of soprts betting sites.
- Load money to your account: Make sure that you have funds loaded to your online account. If you don't have one, sign up quickly by following guidelines on the bookmaker's website. If you are a new member, you can get specific bonuses for registering an account.
- Navigate to the match: It's time to make your selection. Head to the game of your interest and check the offer. Select the first goalscorer and a final score from the corresponding lists, and the bet slip will get populated automatically.
- Place a wager: You just need to enter the stake and hit the Place Bet button. See, it wasn't too hard to place a scorecast bet.
Usual sports for placing a Scorecast bet
This betting type is most suitable for lower-scoring sports. Therefore, it is most famous for soccer betting. If you are the Premier League or the Champions League fan, you should be able to find great offers for these events. Also, scorecast betting can be quite exciting for the FIFA World Cup.
Another sport where this kind of wager can be applied is hockey. Every NHL game is covered with a fair offer for this betting type. Therefore, you can back your favorite player to score and your team to win the match. Scorecast betting is available for certain individual sports such as tennis. You can make a wager on the player to win the first game and the final score in sets.
Due to the nature of this wagering type and scorecast bet rules, it is hard to apply it to other popular sports such as football or basketball. NBA and NFL matches are high-scoring ones, so it would be tough to predict the exact scoreline at the end of the match.
Examples for Scorecast bet
If you are still asking yourself a question, what's a scorecast bet, we will explain it on two practical examples. We are going to cover both winning and losing cases, and after that point, things will be much brighter for you. Let's see how scorecast betting works in practice.
Winning example of Scorecast bet
Tampa Bay Lightning has an excellent campaign, and you want to back them against Montreal Canadiens. The moneyline odds don't seem to bring you the value, so you dip into the scorecast market. You believe Victor Hedman will find the back of the net first, and your favorite team will celebrate a 4:0 victory. Your bookie gave you the odds at +350, so you put a $10 stake. After just 49 seconds in the game, Hedman scored, so to win a bet, you need to land the prediction of the correct score as well. Indeed, the Lightning booked a 4:0 win, and you can count on $35 in profits.
Losing example of Scorecast bet
In the Premier League derby, Liverpool is hosting Chelsea this weekend. The Reds have already secured the title, but you believe they are going to win this match 2:1, with Mohamed Salah as the first scorer in the game. You placed a $10 bet that can bring you a $50 payout. Things went well for you, as the Egyptian scored an early goal. However, the result hasn't changed by the end of the match, and your wager loses.
Scorecast bet for beginners: How to bet
Indeed, the risk that a scorecast bet brings is high; however, some tips can increase your chances of being successful. If you haven't tried this betting type before, consider this advice before making selections. Eventually, these tips can lead you to more accurate scorecast predictions.
- Do your pre-match homework: Any information that can affect the outcome of the match is valuable for you. Check possible starting line ups since they can play a significant role in the final score. Also, if your selected player is slightly injured, you should reconsider the decision of backing him.
- Get familiar with scorecast rules: Before making any scorecast bet, you need to get familiarized with its regulations. Remember, you need to land both portions of a bet to get returns from it.
- Analyze teams' and players' form: Good runs can be very beneficial for your scorecast bets. If your selected team performs well lately, or it is unbeatable at home, it is the right candidate for your wager. The same refers to players; if he has been on fire lately, the chances of netting another goal are pretty high.
- Get advice from professionals: Do not hesitate to seek advice from expert bettors. You should dip into Billy's List, sign up for free, and find tons of expert picks.
- Analyze first goalscorer and correct score portions separately: When choosing your perfect scorecast bet, spending time on exploring both parts of wager independently may lead you to better results. This way, you will avoid making wrong decisions based on the selection of one portion of a bet.
Scorecast bet for professionals: How to bet
Since the chances of being consistently successful with scorecast bets are slim, it doesn't necessarily mean that professional bettors avoid this betting type. Experts apply several advanced tips and strategies to maximize their profits or lower the risk of losing.
Before placing a scorecast bet, make sure that you find the best possible odds on the market. Shop around and take advantage of discrepancies in the bookmakers' offers. Although those differences can be light, they may affect your returns in the long-term. Why don't you take advantage of getting the best odds available?
Besides the scorecast bet, expert bettors tend to split it into two separate ones to get one portion of a payout. If you are very confident in at least one of your selections, then you can place two more bets on the first goalscorer and the correct result. If just one of those wins, you can count on getting a payout. If you land your scorecast bet, it means you can get returns from the other two wagers and boost your bankroll significantly.
Look for special offers since you can get enhanced odds on specific games. For example, several bookmakers can offer 25% higher scorecast odds for the Premier League derby match. You can search for those promotions and increase your potential returns.
Scorecast bet: Try it now at one of the top 5 betting sites
At this point, you should head straight to your favorite sportsbook and sign up for an account if you haven't done it yet. Explore the offer and navigate to the match of your interest. Choose both portions of a scorecast bet carefully and make a wager.
Scorecast bet is a type of wager where you can combine the first goalscorer, and the correct result bets into one. As a result, you will get longer odds in comparison to making these two wagers separately. To get payouts from this kind of bet, you need to make the right prediction of both parts of the bet.
Yes, hockey is one of the most popular sports for placing scorecast bets. Since it is a low-scoring one, this betting type can bring you decent returns. If you explore the NHL offer at reputable sportsbooks, you should be able to find the scorecast odds.
It is very tough landing a scorecast bet in high-scoring sports; hence football is not the right choice for this kind of wager. The same applies to basketball as well. Theoretically, it could be possible to make these wagers on the NFL or NBA games; however, very few sportsbooks will include it in their offer.
It is an essential rule that every bettor should be aware of. For the first goalscorer portion, own goals do not count. A valid parameter for this kind of bet would be the first player who has scored in the opponent’s net.
Usually, you cannot cash out this kind of wager. Since it is one of the advanced and alternative betting types, the odds are long, and the risk is high since you need to land two correct predictions as part of one bet. Therefore, you cannot find options for cashing out if things are not going in the right direction.