Single Betting Explained in 2021
Are you looking for the best strategies related to the single betting? Do you want to learn tips and tricks that can make your sports gambling more profitable? This comprehensive guide will provide you with everything you need, regardless of the level of your wagering experience. Our expert bettors reveal their strategies for beating sportsbooks. Let’s take a tour together and make your single betting profitable in the long term!
What is Single betting?
Single betting is one of the purest forms of sports gambling. It is a straight wager on the outcome of the sports event. As its name suggests, this wager consists just of one bet. Depending on the result of a particular wagered game, a single bet will win or lose. Each-way bet is one of the forms of single betting, which can lower the risk by getting returns if your selection finishes in a placing position.
Two inputs determine the amount of money you can earn from single bets. Your potential returns depend on the odds offered, and the amount of stake. The bookmaker sets the odds, and they represent the probability of a specific outcome. The higher the odds, the lesser likelihood that an outcome will happen. But, on the other hand, if the odds are longer, you can win a bigger payout. Another portion that has an impact on your returns is the amount of money you are ready to wager on a specific game. It is called the stake, and the person placing a single bet decides its amount. If your stake is higher, then the profit is also going to be more significant. The amount of money you can get from a single bet is calculated by multiplying the odds offered by a bookmaker with the stake set by the bettor.
You can apply single betting to any market, and at any sportsbook. Single bets are the perfect start for any bettor that has just dipped into the sports gambling waters.
Placing a Single betting: Step-by-Step
There is nothing easier in sports gambling than placing a single bet. Most bookmakers operate in the same way, and when you make a wager for the first time, you can do it at any sportsbook. However, if you need guidance on this process, just follow these simple steps.
- Select an online sportsbook: There are numerous sportsbooks on the betting market, and you should find the one which suits you the most. Check some sports betting reviews, and that will help you make the decision.
- Register for an online account: After you pick the right sportsbook, you need to create an online account. Just populate all the required fields and set up an account in seconds. Don’t forget to load some money to it too.
- Find your selection: At this point, you are ready to make your selection. Just navigate to the game and click on the odds that you want to wager on. Your bet slip will get populated automatically.
- Place a bet: To complete the process, you just need to enter the stake and click on the Place Bet button. Congratulations, you have placed a single bet!
Usual sports for placing a Single betting
Single betting is not restricted to specific types of sports, and you can use it everywhere. The only difference between sorts is a diversity of markets offered by the bookmakers. Of course, the most popular sports, like soccer, football, basketball, or hockey, are fully covered. For example, you can find hundreds of markets for any Premier League, Champions League, or NBA game. Also, the choice is vast for NFL or NHL games as well.
Individual and racing sports can also be the right choice for single betting. Literally, you can make single bets from everything that you find in any sportsbook’s offer. That includes lesser-known sports such as darts. Racing sports are suitable for each way bets, which are a particular subtype of single bets. It means that if your selection hasn’t won the race, you still have the chance to win one portion of a bet if it finishes at one of the places.
Examples for Single betting
Let’s go straight to a couple of examples, and you will be able to see how straightforward single betting is. We are going to use the Premier League soccer match between Arsenal and Everton as a reference. Let’s see how single betting works in practice.
Winning example of Single betting
Arsenal is fighting for the place in continental competitions, while Everton sits in the safe mid-table position. You are very positive that the Gunners can celebrate at their pitch, and you go straight to your bookmaker’s website. The bookie offers you the following odds for the moneylines market.
|Arsenal to Win||-170|
|Everton to Win||+320|
The odds seem to bring you a good value, and you decide to wager $100. The game was very tight, but the home side managed to book a narrow 1:0 victory. Arsenal wins, you win the single bet, and get a $60 profit on top of your stake.
Losing example of Single betting
For the same game, you found the totals market more attractive. You have studied the latest stats of both teams, and since they were quite efficient lately, you place a $100 single bet at Over 2.5 goals at the odds of -130. However, since the game ended with a 1:0 score, you lose a wager, and the bookmaker keeps your stake.
Single betting for beginners: How to bet
We have already mentioned that this kind of wager is very suitable for newbies in sports betting. However, it doesn’t mean that you are going to be successful from the very start. You should always stick to the particular tips that can help you build a more advanced strategy.
- Always go for a value: Before dipping into the markets and placing a wager, ask yourself the following question: Is the probability of an outcome higher than the odds suggest? If it is, then it is considered as a value bet, and you should put money on that selection.
- Do a pre-match analysis: Doing a bit of homework can always help you make better selections. Check teams’ stats, potential lineups, injuries, or everything that can have an impact on the game, and try to capitalize on that information.
- Check professional picks: Daily offer at any sportsbook is vast, and it is never easy to narrow the choice. However, you can sign up to Billy’s List for free, and get tips from expert bettors.
- Don’t back huge favorites all the time: It is hard to make a long-term success upon single betting on huge favorites. The odds are shorter, and you need to stake more money to make decent returns. However, one bad day can have a significant impact on your bankroll.
- Be disciplined: While we are speaking about the bankroll, don’t get carried away even if you enter a losing streak. Always keep your bankroll management under control, and remember to remain patient and disciplined.
Single betting for professionals: How to bet
Single betting is very popular with professional bettors as well, and they have built quite a few strategies that can be profitable in the long term. We will go through some of them so that you can explore them and potentially apply to your wagering style.
The reason why lots of professionals prefer single betting over multiples is that you depend on just one game. Although you can get a more lucrative payout on accumulators, the possibility of winning single bets is much higher. You do not need to chase significant returns to be profitable in the long term, but you may lower the risk and go step by step in increasing your bankroll.
Expert bettors take advantage of an each-way bet, which we have already mentioned as the variety of single betting. Instead of placing just one “win” wager, thanks to each-way bets, you can ensure that you get a payout if your selection finishes at one of the “places.” Your stake splits in two to cover both outcomes, and you need to be successful in just one to get some returns. If your pick misses the chance to win, but still finishes in places, you can at least get your stake back. Each-way bets apply mostly to racing sports.
Single betting: Try it now at one of the top 5 betting sites
You have seen by now that single betting is very straightforward. Head to your sportsbook’s website and deposit some money to your account. Dip into the markets and find your preferred bet. You just need to make one selection to place a single bet, so don’t hesitate!
As its name suggests, single bets are made from just one selection. It is a straight bet on the outcome of a game. Depending on the result of the match, you can lose or win your single wager. It is one of the simplest betting types in sports gambling.
You can place single bets at any sportsbook. These kinds of bets can be made on any market that a sportsbook offers. Whether you prefer moneylines, totals, point spread, or some other, more alternative markets, you can place a single bet.
Single bets can be profitable in the long term. However, it highly depends on your wagering style, and you shouldn’t take this for granted. To be successful with this betting type, you need to apply some tips and strategies and always remain disciplined.
Yes, single betting applies to any kind of sport; therefore, you can place this type of bet on a football game. For every football game, you should be able to find dozens of markets. It is one of the reasons why single betting is so popular among bettors.
The potential profit depends on two different factors. A bookmaker sets the odds, which indicate the probability of a particular outcome. On the bettor’s side, the staked amount of money has an impact on the returns. When you multiply the odds with the stake, you can get the payout amount.