Trixie Bet Explained in 2021
Do you want to learn to place a Trixie bet like a pro? If you do, you came to the right place. The experts we talked to speak in glowing terms of Trixie wagers. For them, Trixies, just like Yankee bets, are a great way to have frequent betting wins even when some of your picks let you down. Learn how you can make a profit with one losing selection. Let’s get started!
What is a Trixie bet?
If you wanted to see a Trixie bet explained, you came to the right place. This type of wager consists of not one but four different bets on a treble. It is very similar to a patent bet, but unlike the patent, it doesn’t include single bets. A Trixie bet consists of three double bets and one treble.
Let’s explain this. Let’s say you want to back outcomes A, B, and C with a Trixie bet. This wager will include three double bets and one treble in which you will cover the following outcomes:
- 1st double - A and B;
- 2nd double - A and C;
- 3rd double - B and C;
- Treble - A, B, and C.
As you can see, you can have a winning bet with a Trixie in two situations. The first one is if all of the outcomes you predicted come to fruition. Here, all four bets will be successful and you will get maximum returns.
The other situation in which you win is if only one selection lets you down. For example, if pick A is unsuccessful, you will still win the 3rd double (B and C). The other two doubles and the treble will be losing ones.
However, as is evident from the example, if you lose more than one of your picks, the betting slip will be unsuccessful as you cannot cover single bets with this wager.
Let’s explain Trixies with a real-world football example. Let’s say that you want the Dallas Cowboys, the Philadelphia Eagles, and the Seattle Seahawks to triumph in their respective games. Here is the bet that you will place:
- 1st double - Cowboys and Eagles to win;
- 2nd double - Cowboys and Seahawks to win;
- 3rd double - Eagles and Seahawks to win;
- Treble - Cowboys, Eagles, and Seahawks to win.
In this example, if all football teams triumph, you will get the highest returns possible from this wager. As you probably realized by now, you can also win and get some lower returns if one of these NFL teams lets you down.
Be careful, though, as you don’t want two of these teams to disappoint you. If that happens, you will have a losing betting slip in your possession.
Placing a Trixie bet: Step-by-Step
Trixie bets are easy to understand and even easier to place. All you need to do before placing them is to find a bookmaker that allows this type of betting. Fortunately, most top sports betting sites do. Once you find a bookmaker, follow these simple steps and you will be all set:
- Open a betting account if you don’t have one.
- Deposit some money on your account.
- Select the sports you want to bet on. The great thing about Trixies is that you can use games from any sport to form Trixie bets.
- Select the games you want to include in your wager.
- Choose a betting market, but be careful not to choose two propositions from the same game.
- On your betting slip, find and click on the Trixie option. The betting software will do the rest for you. It will calculate the potential return you will get as well as the possible successful combinations.
- Place your stake. Remember, this wager is four bets rolled into one and that means you will have to place 4 X your original stake. If you wanted to back the treble with $1, you now have to stake $4.
- Submit your bet.
Usual sports for Trixie bets
You can place Trixie bets on any sport out there. This means that you can combine your selections without worrying whether the sport you choose qualifies for a Trixie bet or not.
Trixies are particularly popular in horse racing. You can choose any three horses from three different races and include them in your bet. If all of them triumph, your bet will pay out handsomely. If only one lets you down, you will still get decent returns as horses usually come with quite high odds.
If you are a horse betting enthusiast, you can also place each-way Trixie bets. With this type of wager, you back three horses to either win or place as in any other each-way bet. This increases the likelihood of your wager dramatically as you are now betting on two possible outcomes for each horse. Each-way bets cost double compared to regular bets and this means you will have to stake $8 instead of $4.
You can also include selections from other sports in your Trixie wagers. The list of sports eligible for this type of bet is quite long and includes sports such as football, basketball, soccer, hockey, baseball, tennis, and most other sports played these days.
Examples of Trixie bets
Trixie wagers are great if you want to protect your bets against losses. They come with a higher likelihood of coming to fruition when compared to regular accumulator bets and you can expect them to be quite successful. However, as with all other bets, you will likely have lots of losing Trixie wagers too. Let’s see an example of both.
Winning example of a Trixie bet
Let’s say that you are betting on an NBA Trixie.
|Chicago Bulls (-6.5) 98:90 Miami Heat (+6.5)||Bulls (-6.5)|
|Golden State Warriors (+9.5) 100:119 New York Knicks (-9.5)||Knicks (-9.5)|
|Los Angeles Lakers (-3.5) 100:99 Denver Nuggets (+3.5)||Lakers (-3.5)|
As you can see, the Lakers won but didn't manage to cover the spread they had. If this was a regular treble bet, your wager would have been a losing one. However, this is a Trixie and that means that you can get a return even with one losing leg.
Losing example of a Trixie bet
Let’s use a soccer example to explain how a losing bet looks like.
|Chicago Fire 0:2 New York Red Bulls||Red Bulls to win|
|Los Angeles Galaxy 1:1 Toronto FC||Over 2.5 goals|
|Atlanta United 0:1 D.C. United||Both teams to score: Yes|
Unfortunately, not even a Trixie bet can help you if you have two losing selections on your betting slip. That was the case here and this is a losing Trixie bet.
Trixie betting for beginners: How to bet
Betting beginners are usually scared to try out more complicated bets. However, this shouldn’t be the case with the Trixie. These bets are very simple and easy to understand and are proven to increase the likelihood of having a successful bet. This goes double when you bet using some of the tips listed here:
- Tip 1: Use a Trixie betting calculator to calculate the odds of your bets and see your potential returns. A Trixie bet system may not have as many combinations as a patent, Yankee, Heinz, or Goliath bet, but it is still much easier to calculate probabilities and profit if you have a decent Trixie calculator.
- Tip 2: Try to include at least two betting selections you are sure about. The goal with Trixies is to get at least two selections right so that you can get some type of return.
- Tip 3: Don’t include three selections with very low odds because your returns will be minimal. We understand that it is appealing to include legs with low odds as they are likely to come to fruition. However, the price you pay for this is that you will get minimal to non-existent returns if one selection lets you down.
- Tip 4: Listen to betting pros with extensive wagering experience. Billy is probably the best of these and his betting picks can instantly make a Trixie bet more likely to be successful. The great thing about Billy’s picks is that they are free once you sign up and that’s something that you don’t often see these days.
- Tip 5: Do your betting homework before placing a Trixie bet. Checking things such as form, team morale, and injuries is important for all types of bets and Trixies are no exceptions. The more time you spend analyzing a selection, the more likely it is that it will be successful.
Trixie betting strategies for professionals: How to bet
Betting professionals always prefer bets such as the Trixie bet system over regular accumulators. They like having a safety net in case a pick lets them down and that’s not something they get with regular doubles, trebles, or larger combo wagers.
This safety cushion enables bettors to make riskier wagers and allows them to include long-shot picks in their Trixies. They back one outcome that comes with huge odds and they then safeguard the wager with two less adventurous picks.
If the long-shot produces the goods, the payout is excellent as long-shots always come with high odds. If the riskier leg loses, on the other hand, the two safer picks will serve as a safety net that will return some money from the wager.
By doing this, bettors get to back a risky proposition without the fear that they will lose their stake. If the two safety-net picks are well-researched, they will return the original stake to the bettor at the very least.
Another approach is to always back favorites. With this Trixie bet strategy, a bettor wants to make sure that all three outcomes are successful. The goal here is to get the maximum number of successful combinations from every Trixie bet system. This means that the bettor gets frequent profits while also having the standard cushion of the Trixie bet.
Trixie bet: Try it now at one of the top 5 betting sites
Now that you know how Trixies work, it’s time to try them out. You only need two successful picks with decent odds to make a profit and the 5 betting sites listed here offer just that. They give you industry-high odds for Trixie bets that you won’t find anywhere else.
It is a type of bet in which you include three different picks and back them with four bets, three double bets, and a treble. To win you need at least two of those three picks to be successful.
In Trixies you back three outcomes with four bets. Let’s say the outcomes are A, B, and C. The first three bets are doubles: (A, B), (A, C), and (B, C). The third one is a treble: (A, B, C). Two of A, B, and C must win.
Choose three football picks, add them to your betting slip, and select the Trixie option. At least two of your three football legs have to be successful for you to have a winning slip.
You just enter the odds of each event in the calculator and select whether that leg lost or won. The calculator will instantly show you your returns and then you can plan accordingly.
Pick three horses to win and include them in your bet. At least two of those horses must triumph for you to have a winning bet. If all three selections are successful, you will get maximum profit from that wager.