Yankee Bet Explained in 2022
If you want to cover your four-fold accumulator bets and get returns with only two winning selections, you should go with a Yankee bet. We consulted the top experts in the field and gathered all the important information about Yankee bets you will ever need. Stay with us to get a complete Yankee bet rundown and find out the best strategies for your Yankee wagers. Let’s get started!
What is a Yankee bet?
A Yankee wager is a Lucky 15 bet, but without the singles. However, let’s for a second say that you are a complete betting beginner and that you want the Yankee bet explained in the simplest of terms.
To place a Yankee bet, you first need to make a four-fold accumulator. Once you do that, you ‘insure’ the wager with the Yankee bet option. When wagering with this type of bet you place 11 bets on your four selections.
This means that the stake that you include on your slip will be multiplied by 11. For example, if you want to back each bet with $1, you will have to stake a total of $11.
If the four outcomes that you have in your accumulator are A, B, C, and D, then the 11 bets will be as follows:
- 6 doubles – AB, AC, AD, BC, BD, and CD;
- 4 trebles – ABC, ABD, ACD, and BCD;
- 1 four-fold accumulator – ABCD.
As you can see, to have some type of return from this wager, you will need to get at least two outcomes right. If you don’t manage to get any of your selections right or if you only get one pick correct, the Yankee will be a losing one.
Let’s explain the same concept, but this time with a football example. Let’s say that you are backing the Baltimore Ravens, the Arizona Cardinals, the LA Rams, and the Detroit Lions to win their respective NFL games. Here are the 11 bet combinations you will get:
- 6 doubles:
- 4 trebles:
- A four-fold accumulator:
If only the Ravens and Cardinals win, you will get a return from only from the first double and not much else. If the Ravens, Cardinals, and the Rams triumph, you will get returns from three of the doubles and one treble. In the best-case scenario, if all teams are victorious, all of your 11 bets will be successful.
Placing a Yankee bet: Step-by-Step
Placing a Yankee bet is quite easy these days as most bookmakers allow you to place these bets. However, just to be sure that you can make these four-fold combination wagers, check that a bookmaker has Yankees in its offer. Once you establish that, placing your bet will be quite easy. This goes double if you follow these simple steps
- Open a betting account if you don’t have one.
- Deposit some money on your account.
- Select the sports you want to bet on. Yankees can be placed on any sport out there so you will never be short of options.
- Pick four selections that you are going to include in your bet and choose the betting market that you are going to wager on.
- Find the Yankee option on your slip and click on it. It will likely be close to other similar bets such as Trixie, Lucky 15, and the Lucky 31 bet. This step is very important. If you don’t do it right, you will end up with a straight four-fold accumulator.
- Place your stake. This will be 11 x your original stake.
- Submit your bet.
Usual sports for Yankee bets
The great thing about these types of bets is that you can place them on most if not all sports out there. This means that you can place a Yankee bet on sports such as football, basketball, horse racing, soccer, baseball, hockey, and so on.
What is more, you can combine your picks from all of these different sports in one wager. For example, you can make a Yankee bet with: an event from horse racing, one pick from Formula 1, a tennis game, and a hockey match-up. You can make another bet that has 4 selections from: baseball, basketball, soccer, and football. The possibilities are endless.
You can mix things up when it comes to the markets you are including in Yankees too. Let’s say that you are making a four-fold basketball wager. Your picks can be as follows:
|LA Clippers (+6.5) – Houston Rockets (-6.5)||Rockets (-6.5)|
|Golden State Warriors – Boston Celtics||Over 216.5|
|Milwaukee Bucks – Denver Nuggets||Nuggets to win|
|San Antonio Spurs – Brooklyn Nets||Nets to win 1st quarter|
As you can see, the Yankee bet here has a betting line pick on the Rockets, an over/under selection, a 2-way moneyline event without a point spread, and a ‘to win 1st quarter’ wager. You can do the same with bets from all different sports as long as you include only one selection per game.
Examples of Yankee bets
As with all types of bets, Yankees can be winning and losing ones. The great thing about them, though, is that even with one or two losing picks, you will still get some returns. Let’s compare a winning and a losing Yankee bet.
Winning example of a Yankee bet
Let’s look at a winning Yankee bet example with selections from various sports.
|Seattle Sounders 3:0 Toronto FC||Sounders|
|New York Yankees (-1.5) 4:3 Toronto Blue Jays (+1.5)||Blue Jays (+1.5)|
|Los Angeles Clippers 110:95 Brooklyn Nets||Over 220.5|
|Montreal Canadiens (-1.5) 5:2 Boston Bruins (+1.5)||Bruins (+1.5)|
Believe it or not, this is a successful bet even though you only predicted two of the outcomes correctly. Sure, you would have won a lot more with three or four successful picks, but you still got some returns thanks to the fact you chose the Yankee bet option.
Losing example of a Yankee bet
You have to have a bad day at the office to have a losing Yankee bet. You would have to miss three or four picks and that’s something that doesn’t happen very often. However, it happened here.
|Chicago Blackhawks (-2.5) 3:0 New York Rangers (+2.5)||Blackhawks|
|New England Patriots (-6.5) 30:24 Green Bay Packers (+6.5)||Patriots (-6.5)|
|LA Clippers (+4.5) 98:97 LA Lakers (-4.5)||Lakers (-4.5)|
|New York City 4:1 Toronto FC||Under 2.5 goals|
This is a losing bet as you only managed to get the NHL pick right. Going with a Lucky 15 bet would have been better in this situation as it would have at least returned some money.
Yankee betting for beginners: How to bet
Yankees are what we call beginner-friendly bets. They help novice bettors get morale-boosting winning slips and that’s all that matters when you place your first few bets. We value the bravery of new bettors too and that’s why we will give you several useful tips to help you in your betting endeavor:
- Tip 1: Don’t experiment too much at the beginning. Only include picks that you are sure about when you start trying out this bet. Safe picks may come with lower odds, but low-odds outcomes are successful most of the time. Once you get more confident in your ability, you can start including riskier picks in your Yankees.
- Tip 2: Yankees consist of 4 selections and 11 bets in total. Therefore, it is quite useful to find a betting calculator that will help you calculate odds and determine your returns.
- Tip 3: Hunt for bookmakers that have lucrative bonus offers. Welcome and reload sports betting bonus offers are great as they allow you to bet with essentially free money. When you are a beginner, you don’t want to overspend on losing bets, so a bonus offer or two always comes in handy.
- Tip 4: Listen to tips from betting pros that have been there and done that. These tips will take your bets to the next level and will significantly improve your chances of winning Yankees. The betting tips on Billy’s list are among the best in the industry and, best of all, are completely free of charge once you sign up.
- Tip 5: Two Yankee selections mean a winning bet, but you only get profit with three successful picks most of the time. If you are not betting on super-high odds, two successful events usually mean a return that only covers a part of your stake.
Yankee betting strategies for professionals: How to bet
Betting professionals know the potential that Yankee bets come with. That’s why they always approach them in a systematic and almost scientific manner.
One of the strategies that betting veterans use is including picks with different probabilities in their Yankees. For example, most professional bettors always include one selection that is very likely to be successful.
They then combine that pick with two events that are also likely to happen but have higher odds. Lastly, they would often put a long-shot pick with high odds just in case they get a lucky break.
A bet structured in this way almost guarantees that you would get the minimum of two successful selections. It also gives you favorable chances of landing a third successful pick and maybe a fluky fourth one too.
Usually, it is the third winning pick that returns some profit as only two successful picks are not enough to cover the stake amount most of the time.
Another thing that betting professionals do is going with different Yankee variants to improve their chances. One such variant that horse racing bettors use is the each-way Yankee. With this bet, you cover not just the win but also the place outcome in a race.
This means that your chances of winning double, but so do the bets that you place. You have to back your each-way Yankee bets with 22 X your original stake as there are 22 bets in this wager.
Another variant that you can use is the Super Yankee bet. This wager consists of five selections and 26 bets so be ready for larger stakes too.
Yankee bet: Try it now at one of the top 5 betting sites
Now that you know the ins and outs of Yankees, it’s time to try them out. The 5 betting sites listed here have the largest selection of sports, games, and markets for a Yankee bet. Don’t waste even a second more and place your first Yankee now.
It is a four-fold accumulator that consists of 11 bets. This is what it looks like when you break it down: 6 double bets (AB, AC, AD, BC, BD, and CD), 4 treble bets (ABC, ABD, ACD, and BCD), and a four-fold bet (ABCD).
In Yankees, you back four outcomes A, B, C, and D with 11 bets. There are 6 double bets (AB, AC, AD, BC, BD, and CD), 4 treble bets (ABC, ABD, ACD, and BCD), and a four-fold bet (ABCD). You can win with two, three, and four successful outcomes.
This type of bet consists of 11 bets on 4 football selections. To place one you need to choose 4 different legs in a combo wager. Then choose the Yankee option and the bookmaker will do the rest.
It’s a variation of the original Yankee bet in which you back 5 different picks with 26 bets. In the original bet, you only back 4 picks with 11 bets.
A Yankee bet in horse racing is when you include four horses in your accumulator and back them with 11 different bets. You need two, three, or all four horses to triumph to have a successful wager.